Is Michael Another Name For Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Yes! His name's now Jesus!
Why do you fear saying what you believe?

Is Jesus God Himself in the flesh?

Please say yes or no before posting a bunch of verses. So we clearly know your position.

I’ll even start.

YES! Jesus IS God!

See. That wasn’t so hard.

Jan 19, 2023
Why do you fear saying what you believe?

Is Jesus God Himself in the flesh?

Please say yes or no before posting a bunch of verses. So we clearly know your position.

I’ll even start.

YES! Jesus IS God!

See. That wasn’t so hard.

I was afraid you'd BAN me.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hello Pilgrimshope, I do appreciate your responses as Iron Sharpens Iron, but in my post asking the question: Is Michael Another Name For Jesus? I wondered what kind of responses to receive for correction, because while reading the article: Who Is Michael, The Archangel? So I started searching in Google for answers but so far found none.

Love, Walter
amen brother studying and then discussing the Bible is where you find answers to all Our questions about the Bible

Just This single whole chapter seperates the son of God from all angels pretty definitively just as God is defined apart from angels so Jesus is defined as God who created the angels to fill the heaven and the men to fill the earth he made in the beginning Jesus is defined as the creator of all things I believe at least five times in the New Testament unless we say Micheal is the creator and God himself there’s no chance micheal was manifest on earth as Jesus

“being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee?

And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, And his ministers a flame of fire.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: A sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; And the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest:

And they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, And they shall be changed: But thou art the same, And thy years shall not fail.

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:4-8, 10-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

just a chapter like that really makes a clear distinction between Jesus and anyone else angel or man in scripture beginning with a statement like this it’s pretty powerful witness

“hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:2-3‬ ‭

If we can’t say this of Micheal

“Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:15-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Or this

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1, 10, 14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Instead of “Is Jesus really Micheal “

The question is “ is Jesus really the one God and father , the creator of all things manifest in the flesh , so we can know him and believe ?”

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:7-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we discover Jesus is the lord God manifest in the flesh then we understand Micheal the angel is his servant

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Micheal you believe Micheal is the creator ?

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:15-19‬ ‭KJV

you believe the things said of Jesus can also be said of Micheal ?

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.( Micheal or God ?)

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. ( Micheal or God )

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-3, 10, 14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

micheal or God was made flesh and dwelt among us ?

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:23‬ ‭

“And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”
‭‭John‬ ‭20:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

an angel would rebuke this swiftly as they always do in scripture but it’s him so he affirms it “ doubting Thomas has finally believed “

Jesus is the one who spoke forth and said let there be light who created the heavens and earth and even the e powers and principalities that fill them like angels and men

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Of course! Are you referring to Revelation 3:14 ?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
I don't think you should be giving me a thumbs up. I say that because Revelation 3:14 is "NOT" teaching Jesus is a created being, let alone Michael the arc angel.

Let me explain. The Greek word for "beginning" in the verse is "arche." We get our English word "architect" from that word. So what is an architect? It's a person who draws up the plans, designs, is the origin of something to be built or made. If you look up Strong's Lexicon #746 he gives the definition of "arche" and one of them is "beginning, origin.

This falls perfectly in line with John 1:3, Colossians 1:16 and at Hebrews 1:10 where God the Father credits His son for creation. I'm asking you to employ Acts 17:11. It says to check everything out by the Bible to see if those things are true. So, check me out.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I was afraid you'd BAN me.
I am not a mod.

However it is interesting that you seem to understand that claiming Jesus is NOT God could be a bannable offense on this site, yet you chose to make an account, and the first several posts you made on this new account was to dive right into the very subject matter you think could get you banned if you flat out just said “Jesus is not God” instead of posting memes that insinuate the same thing.

What does that say about your intent and integrity?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I figured that much from your attachment and why I Rebuked you.

Where did you learn this viewpoint from so I can understand how this is possible?
people have read things like this and “ interpreted it “ independently outside the scripture

“And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:

and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭12:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

instead of seeing the value of the figure of Micheal in this prophecy they forget what e New Testament says of Jesus being God and assume this is micheal
Micheal Is Jesus …..

its created like all bad doctrine , from the Bible ironically but misusing and removing scripture from the interpretation of other scripture like it’s designed and then interpreting it with how we think or what we heard

At he bad guy knows scrioture too but won’t acknolwedge it for what it is instead he only wants part of it and makes up the rest

Jan 19, 2023
I am not a mod.

However it is interesting that you seem to understand that claiming Jesus is NOT God could be a bannable offense on this site, yet you chose to make an account, and the first several posts you made on this new account was to dive right into the very subject matter you think could get you banned if you flat out just said “Jesus is not God” instead of posting memes that insinuate the same thing.

What does that say about your intent and integrity?

It speaks it LOUDLY.
These sites ask if you are Christian- but often ban you if you don't believe church dogma which belies the claim.
DOES this site accept only Baptists and those thinking the same way, or does it allow REAL Christians?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
but often ban you if you don't believe church dogma which belies the claim.
We don't consider THE Gospel unto Salvation "Church dogma". Accepting that Jesus Christ is God Himself, is an essential component of the Gospel.

So what is the purpose of being here and spreading a belief that the site deems heresy?

Why wouldn't you just go to a site that has your beliefs except to spread your beliefs here, that you know are against the site?

Jan 19, 2023
I go anywhere the Bible is discussed.
What's wrong with that? Insecure?

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin?

I've encountered quite a number of Christians online insisting that Jesus'
virgin conception protected him from coming into the world biologically
related to Adam. But if Jesus is biologically related to David, then of course
he's biologically related to Adam too.

Jesus was on track to ascend David's throne. (Luke 1:32) The thing is: any
and all candidates for David's throne have to be among his biological posterity;
no exceptions.

Ps 89:35-36 . . Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto
David. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Ps 132:11 . .The Lord has sworn in truth unto David; and He will not turn
from it: "Of the fruit of your body will I set upon your throne".

The New Testament verifies that Jesus satisfies the biological requirement in
those Psalms.

Acts 2:29-30 . . Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the
patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us
unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn
with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he
would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.

Rom 1:1-3 . . Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David
according to the flesh

The Greek word for "seed" in that passage is sperma (sper'-mah) which is a
bit ambiguous because it can refer to spiritual progeny as well as to
biological progeny; for example:

Gal 3:29 . . If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed.

Abraham's seed in that verse obviously refers to spiritual posterity; whereas
David's seed in Acts 2:29-30 and Rom 1:1-3 refers to biological posterity
because David's seed is 1) the fruit of his body and 2) according to the flesh.

Eve is a factor in Jesus' biological genealogy too.

Gen 3:15 . . I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between
thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his
heel.

That passage is generally acknowledged on both sides of the aisle to be the
earliest of all prophecies pertaining to the Word's arrival on the world scene
as a human being per John 1:14.

Seeing as how Eve was constructed with material taken from Adam's body,
then any and all of her biological posterity are just as much his as hers.
(Luke 3:38)

FAQ: Why are so many Christians against Jesus and Adam biologically
related?

REPLY: Because there's the matter of original sin and the so-called fallen
nature to deal with. Doubters are thoroughly unable to figure out a logical
way to isolate him from either of those circumstances except by means of
his virgin conception; which of course is quite futile.

FAQ: But if Jesus is biologically related to Adam; wouldn't that imply the
Word of John 1:1-3 created his own human existence?

REPLY: Yes.
_

Jun 20, 2022
It speaks it LOUDLY.
These sites ask if you are Christian- but often ban you if you don't believe church dogma which belies the claim.
DOES this site accept only Baptists and those thinking the same way, or does it allow REAL Christians?
I was raised Baptist and now I only follow a few of their major beliefs. But whether they be Baptist, Prez, Methodist, Wesleyan, Pentecostal, percentages of Lutheran and others like Independent, we all believe John 1:1 that Jesus is the WORD, which is God from the beginning and manifested into flesh to be our Sacrifice by the position of Saviour.

So your idealisms are unique and worthy of discussion because we don't see how Michael could be Jesus.

Are you filled with the Holy Spirit of God?

Jan 19, 2023
I was raised Baptist and now I only follow a few of their major beliefs. But whether they be Baptist, Prez, Methodist, Wesleyan, Pentecostal, percentages of Lutheran and others like Independent, we all believe John 1:1 that Jesus is the WORD, which is God from the beginning and manifested into flesh to be our Sacrifice by the position of Saviour.

So your idealisms are unique and worthy of discussion because we don't see how Michael could be Jesus.

Are you filled with the Holy Spirit of God?
I sure am! Are you possessed by the Holy Ghost, 1/3 of God?