Is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic SATANIC???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Little_Light

So, if you can't tell by my signature I am a brony.

For those of you who don't know a brony is a male (or female) who is outside the targeted age group (11+) who enjoy the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Yes, it sounds weird but don't knock it till ya try it. There's about 10 mil of us.

Anyways, I was confronted today by an atheist who told me that MLP is satanic. I asked him to elaborate and he tells me that the show is satanic because it supports "magic".

Now, we all know God is against magic, correct? But here's the thing - the magic God refers to is witchcraft. Not the magic that can come out of a unicorn's horn. Evidently, he's not getting that saying that magic is magic and there's no way around it. So, I was wondering what you fellow Christians have to say on his opinion.

W

Warrior777

Magic, real magic that is (not most illusionists on stage) is done by witchcraft. It belongs to the category of the occult and yes God says to stay away from it. It's playing with the demonic and most likely will give you some problems since, first of all, is in rebellion to what God says, when He says to stay away from it, secondly it will open up the door to demonic strongholds that can give you a lot of trouble and torment and release curses into your life. You can always repent to God for getting into this and renounce it, all involvement in the occult, magic, witchcraft, spells, hexes, wizardry, curses, etc. then tell it to go out of your live anything that has come in and close the spiritual door forever. Then ask Jesus to put the Holy Spirit in that formerly affected area you had given over.
Basic principles of deliverance.
God bless

L

Little_Light

Magic, real magic that is (not most illusionists on stage) is done by witchcraft. It belongs to the category of the occult and yes God says to stay away from it. It's playing with the demonic and most likely will give you some problems since, first of all, is in rebellion to what God says, when He says to stay away from it, secondly it will open up the door to demonic strongholds that can give you a lot of trouble and torment and release curses into your life. You can always repent to God for getting into this and renounce it, all involvement in the occult, magic, witchcraft, spells, hexes, wizardry, curses, etc. then tell it to go out of your live anything that has come in and close the spiritual door forever. Then ask Jesus to put the Holy Spirit in that formerly affected area you had given over.
Basic principles of deliverance.
God bless
I'm going to ask you this simple question.

Explain the difference of the book "Divergent" and a biography of Martin Luther King Jr.

If your answer was along the lines of "Well, one's a sci-fi novel and the other is a biography of a revolutionary man" then I need to tell you this.

If you're saying the magic on My Little Pony is the same kind of magic used by witches you are then stating that book genres do not exist.

It's two completely different types of magic. One being fake and the other real, just like the two books.

One was used for demonic purposes the other was used to spread friendship among colorful cartoon ponies.

W

Witness45

Don't listen to that, it's stupid. Witchcraft is completely different then the magic used in most media like Disney and tis stuff. This kind of magic is more like a mystical force or law of the universe or something, where as witchcraft involves praying to spirits (demons) to fulfill your typically dark desires. They're two entirely different things.

Second and most importantly, this kind of magic DOESN'T EVEN EXIST. Why would it give support to something that obviously doesn't exist in the first place? The whole argument is just silly when you think about it so just ignore it and go on bein all bronyfied... :3

P.S. I'm a brony too... X3

ponies_meme_generator_did_someone_say_ponies_5707cf_re_what_is_your_choice_melee_weapon_for_a_zo.jpg

W

Warrior777

I'm going to ask you this simple question.

Explain the difference of the book "Divergent" and a biography of Martin Luther King Jr.

If your answer was along the lines of "Well, one's a sci-fi novel and the other is a biography of a revolutionary man" then I need to tell you this.

If you're saying the magic on My Little Pony is the same kind of magic used by witches you are then stating that book genres do not exist.

It's two completely different types of magic. One being fake and the other real, just like the two books.

One was used for demonic purposes the other was used to spread friendship among colorful cartoon ponies.
Well, well two like minded spirits have found each other.

You ask us in this forum to tell you what we think about this kind of subject. I merely told you what the background of this is.
This type of magic you are talking about, Disney's shows, Harry Potter, pokemon, Manga anime... all geared towards the young generation to lure them into deeper witchcraft and the occult, get them familiarized with the demonic. Just interesting that even an Atheist had to tell you and was right about it, I wonder if they were actually a true atheist.
You now have the opportunity to follow the truth and God on this or the demons that lead you away from God with this magic stuff. It's your choice. But don't ask a question if you don't really want to know the answer, or don't get the answer that you are looking for that just affirms your desire in going deeper into this stuff, that's just wasting everybody's time.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tintin

I don't care for the show but it's about as far removed from the real world occult as you can get.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
What the heck is a brony?? Im confused

T

Tintin

Well, well two like minded spirits have found each other.

You asks us in this forum to tell you what we think about this kind of subject. I merely told you what the background of this is.
This type of magic you are talking about, Disney's shows, Harry Potter, Pokemon, Manga anime... all geared towards the young generation to lure them into deeper witchcraft and the occult, get them familiarized with the demonic. Just interesting that even an Atheist had to tell you and was right about it, I wonder if they were actually a true atheist.
You now have the opportunity to follow the truth and God on this or the demons that lead you away from God with this magic stuff. It's your choice. But don't ask a question if you don't really want to know the answer, or don't get the answer that you are looking for that just affirms your desire in going deeper into this stuff, that's just wasting everybody's time.
You do not have a clue what you're talking about. Yes, there are some shows that entice people into the occult world but those you listed aren't the culprits. Again, they're far removed from real world witchcraft etc.

W

Warrior777

You do not have a clue what you're talking about.
Well, I could say the same about you. But you are not even making an effort to support your accusation. If you can't see this and think that magic is just make believe, than you are blinded like the rest of the world.

Mar 18, 2011
[video=youtube;BJR0-0WoL8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJR0-0WoL8k[/video]

W

Warrior777

Good call Deadtosin. I actually was thinking about the same video when I wrote my post, explains a lot...

W

Warrior777

You do not have a clue what you're talking about. Yes, there are some shows that entice people into the occult world but those you listed aren't the culprits. Again, they're far removed from real world witchcraft etc.

If you are saying e.g. that HARRY POTTER is not "real world" witchcraft (whatever that means), when even the author said that she got this from real witchcraft herself, using real spells in her books, then I don't know what you consider witchcraft or occult to begin with.
I mean, come on, how much clearer can it get! smh:rolleyes:

Go watch this video, it will enlighten you....

L

Little_Light

What the heck is a brony?? Im confused
I explained it in he original post but I'll say it again for ya. :)

On the Hub Network there is a show called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". Even though the show was targeted for younger children it sparked a huge fanbase of adult men and women who really like the show.

It sounds weird, I know but it is an amazing show and has many biblical values. Plus, the upbeat demeanor of the show helped me when I had really bad depression a few years back.

W

Witness45

Warrior777, honestly, I know tons of fans of every one of those series you mentioned. Not once have I seen one person become an occultist. And if they did, they didn't decide to become one because of watching cartoons.

I mean honestly, this is just plain silly. If I were to see the genie on Aladdin and think that I could find one in real life that grants wishes, I wouldn't be some normal innocent little kid who's been deceived, I'd just be straight up insane to begin with. The show didn't do it to me, my deluded mind did. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. It's the exact same thing.

It's like those debates with gun laws. They see some psycho go shoot up a school, see that they were into videogames and such, and some how conclude that videogames made them do it. Completely ignoring the facts that billions of people play videogames around the world and don't shoot up schools, and that everyone that does shoot up schools and such nearly always have a history of mental health problems.

I'm so sick of people blaming their own bad choices on some stupid material source. In essence it's just an attempt to escape the blame themselves and point to something else saying "the devil made me do it". No, you're own sinful desires and bad choices are what made you do it. Period. And that's the same for anyone into the occult. Nothing put them there but themselves. Stop pointing fingers at everything but the real culprits.

T

Tintin

If you are saying e.g. that HARRY POTTER is not "real world" witchcraft (whatever that means), when even the author said that she got this from real witchcraft herself, using real spells in her books, then I don't know what you consider witchcraft or occult to begin with.
I mean, come on, how much clearer can it get! smh:rolleyes:

Go watch this video, it will enlighten you....
You do realise The Onion website that started all of this Harry Potter is turning kids into witches nonsense is a satire site, don't you? I understand most Christians don't seem to understand satire. I've read and watched Harry Potter, watched Pokemon and read much manga and watched much anime, so I think I'm more qualified to know what they really present. Also, manga and anime aren't genres but mediums (no, not the occult sort, the artistic). There are many, many manga and anime that don't have any kind of occult practices or references. Some do, sure, but they're few and far between.

Mar 18, 2011
The idea is- by putting the ideas of magic and satanic symbolism's on the television screen over and over again they subliminally become accepted. There is no warning against it. No reason for a child to be wary. Is this a problem when the child is 7? no, not really but it might make them more susceptible to real magic and witchcraft in their teen years. Many of my jr high and highschool friends had grown interested and even participated in Wicca. I had a small interest early on and even read a spell book during that same time period in 7th grade, I didn't go any further when I saw spells needing three of their hairs lying horizontally on a goblet etc. But the point remains, the occult is not far from our children.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
HIlariously the woman who wrote Harry Potter has stated she is a bleiever. Fictional magic isnt a big deal. If you think it is im sorry for your grasp on the concept of fiction.

To the OP, your question should have been answered when it was an ATHEIST trying to explain something as satanic...

J

JustAnotherUser

If you knew the answer then why post a question asking about it?

W

Warrior777

If you knew the answer then why post a question asking about it?
Right, I mentioned that before also. I just won't waste my time anymore with people that have made up their mind, I am still responding here and there for the sake of people that are curious and really seeking the truth about the reality behind this, who come to this thread to just read and get information. Lot of people are blind and most do not want to know the truth, they just want to go ahead with what feels right to them. They only ask questions to find supporters of what they believe no matter if it is the truth or not, since they do not want to change their behavior.
They respond without even checking out the facts, e.g. the video that Deadtosin posted. It would explain a lot of what is being talked about over here, but they don't since they don't care about truth, it could change their lives or convict them, but they just come here to ask questions not to find answers but to promote their desires.
Anyways there are already threads about "my little pony" in this forum, that talk about exactly this topic...