Both bind the hands and souls of men under falsities and dogma not of God and in so doing make void the word.......IMO
oh I followed you bro...I was suggesting it is satanism by removing the "as bad as" from your comment
Both bind the hands and souls of men under falsities and dogma not of God and in so doing make void the word.......IMO
flesh:
the human nature with it's frailties both physical and morally and it's passions.
The nature of sin. Human.Help or not?
I'm afraid walking in the Spirit is more than that.
For example, Satan can act humble, be very moral, & give you the shirt off his back to impress you. He has a counterfeit for nearly everything God has & does.
Knowing that someone is walking in the Spirit can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit. Simple actions wont do.![]()
There's waay more caffeine in a Dr Pepper than a cup of coffee, LOL!
It WILL do. For someone who walks in the Spirit and has matured, they can discern between good and evil. This is why I said earlier that if we walk in the Spirit, we are not without discernment. We can spot many things - hypocrisy, self-righteousness, motive/spirit, the backpedaling of saving face or reputation, and many other discernments. If He has given us the light to see these things in ourselves, we can then see them in others. And the result is not that we berate them or look down our nose at them or speak ungently. The result is that we love them and care for them because we were in that darkness of self-deceit too (and still find ourselves in it again sometimes).
which is part of the gift of discerning of spirits....
Not for Stephen, but others....
Notice I said gift of discerning of spirits, not the gift of discernment....there is NO gift of discernment
I agree.
It is a gift that comes from walking in the Spirit. You could almost say....it is one of the gifts of maturity.
as bad as!?!?!?
Naw, I'm not upset at all. I'm sorry if I somehow made my post look like that.
I'm glad you brought that to my attention. I didn't explain that.
Any sinner (or saint) can come to God's house, as long as they behave themselves. Gossiping hurts the congregation, so it shouldn't be allowed, in the church or out.
Smokers, IMO, shouldn't be allowed to smoke on the church grounds. So, as long as they don't smoke on the premises, everything's fine.
Does that help?
I just want to say one thing concerning Stephens posts. The sin that is actually behind gluttony and all the other actions of flesh is just lust.
I know it is very offensive to those who are out of control. Nevertheless...it's true.
Not pointing fingers..I know no one here. And I have my own demons to deal with just as we all do.
I don't get this flesh bit.
When Paul talks about it in Romans 7.
I have spent many many hours reading, researching from birth sides and I still don't get it.
Romans 7:17-20
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
It really does my head in.
You're right. Deceit & deception I think is one of those ways that's worse.
So drugs & hard liquor isn't? What about Marijuana brownies?I think scripture is pretty plain when it states that the only sin against your body (the temple) is sexual immorality.... there apparently is no other physical action relating to our bodies that is considered a "sin" against the body.
1 Corinthians 6
So drugs & hard liquor isn't? What about Marijuana brownies?
My point was that in your post, you listed drinking coffee in with sins.
As long as people will believe that will do, they will be judging others wrongly, for some hypocrites are excellent at their acts.It WILL do. For someone who walks in the Spirit and has matured, they can discern between good and evil. This is why I said earlier that if we walk in the Spirit, we are not without discernment. We can spot many things - hypocrisy, self-righteousness, motive/spirit, the backpedaling of saving face or reputation, and many other discernments. If He has given us the light to see these things in ourselves, we can then see them in others. And the result is not that we berate them or look down our nose at them or speak ungently. The result is that we love them and care for them because we were in that darkness of self-deceit too (and still find ourselves in it again sometimes).
You any good at head massages![]()
I've had a lot of wrestling with this verse too! Mainly when I was in my "got to be holy" stage of growth.
If I know something is not good but I do it anyway, but I don't WANT to do it or be that way, I am agreeing with God that it is not good. I wind up doing or saying what I so badly do NOT want to do or say. Something in me causes me to do what I DON'T want to do.
IF I don't know God or care what He has said, I don't have this struggle. I act like the world and am accepted as one of them.
Paul is saying, if I sincerely don't want to do it, but I do it, it is no longer me (I'm not in agreement) but it is sin in me that causes it.