IS TEEN DATING WRONG ????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MyPillar

To my understanding, teen dating is wrong. The bible says your body is the temple of the lord. The spirit of the Lord can not be in you when your body is defiled. Its sexuall immorality, it fornication. There is time for everything. This world is blinded. It promotes fornication through media. To be honest, i dont blame those who say its not a sin because nowadays teen dating is just like eating, something common. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

X

xXTamXx

I don't think that Teen Dating is a sin but it's wrong to the extent of what you define as dating. If dating to you is sex then obviously yes. But if it's more like an extended friendship (and at the right age) it's not a sin. I also think that The reason why teens shouldn't date is not meant to ruin the fun but meant to allow you more time to have fun. Being young and single is great! Its meant to let us be independent and happy and free without anything or anyone tying you down. Relationships don't have to be too complicated and you don't have to commit too much. Dating later on in life means that you have time to find exactly who you are and be confident with yourself so that when you do turn up on the scene you are sure of what God wants for you.
Plus God wants us to date when you are ready to think about marriage. Marriage is life-long lasting commitment and so should not even be contemplated in your teen years as you are more likely to divorce. Spend your teen years with friends.

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
I wouldnt be the person i am today if it wasnt for some of the dating experiances i had when i was younger.... things like teen dating help prepare us for more serioua relationships in the future an those experinces help to mold us into who we are..

T

Tintin

If I dated a teen, it would be wrong. So yes, dating a teen is wrong.

Mar 21, 2011
People can get married at 18 and 19.

Like all things, dating should be supervised to a point by parents.

T

Tintin

Hmm... Guys mature more slowly than girls but still... I think at almost 30 I should marry someone not too young.

J

jimmydiggs

Dating is very unwise.

T

Tintin

Dating/courting, whatever. The wording is a matter of semantics because people mean different things when they refer to each. Courting puts people in mind of Jane Austen type romances and that's just silly.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
A Christian should conduct their associations with the opposite sex in a way that honours God. I don’t see the modern practice of dating without the purpose of marriage as an appropriate lifestyle for Christian teens because it encourages unchastity and scripture says, "For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication” 1 Thessalonians 4:3. I believe it’s important to save your heart for that one man (or woman - for guys) that God has planned for you rather than giving it away to guys you don’t intend to marry, and losing innocence. When one is entering courtship they should seek guidance from the Lord and parents, approach it with chastity, and have a goal for a successful marriage. Typically, biblical courtship provides the avenue to truly know each other and plan for the future while pursuing purity and patience. It's also important to ensure that the other person is committed to Christ as the scripture warns against being yoked together with unbelievers.

D

Drina

I think that if you are able to find someone who is in the same age range as you are that has the same morals and beliefs as you that dating as a teenager is PERFECTLY fine. :)

K

Kolt

I don't think that teen dating is any more wrong then older people dating. The same temptations are always around wether you are a teen or grown. I believe that it get harder to stay pure went you are older and on your own. As a teen you are with your parent how are there to help you along, but when you move out and are on your own and the house is empty there is more temptation.

respekt

Mar 5, 2013
Any dating is wrong when they are not married. For me, dating is after marriage.

BEFRIENDED >> SETTLE DOWN >> ENGAGED >> MARRIED >> DATING

:D:D:D

G

guideme

I think that it's wrong too :)

B

bracha

Teen dating without sex or foreplay or kissing is not wrong.

B

Bate

Which one would be considered true then? :rolleyes:

J

jer2911

Dating for teens mean getting to know each other on the level of friendship but if on the level of a mate, it's wrong.

B

Bate

What do you mean by, ''a mate's level'' Jer2911? (Can't being a friend to someone be the same as almost being a mate too?)