Is Thanksgiving satanic??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It can't be.

Have you ever had a turkey deep fried in peanut oil? With all your family around giving thanks for all their blessings?

Did I already say it can't be? It can't be.
 
It can't be.

Have you ever had a turkey deep fried in peanut oil? With all your family around giving thanks for all their blessings?

Did I already say it can't be? It can't be.

Alas grandpa and suffer it to be so for now. They have taken the sacred bird and have perverted it. Where does it end, the shame, the disregard for one's tradition of the great peanut oil dunked crispy juice filled Tom is now ridiculously ridiculed to the point of sinfully delicious.;)
 
So when this event happens:

Revelation 21:1-2, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no more sea. And I, Yahanan, saw the holy city, YHWH Shammah, coming down from YHWH out of heaven, prepared as brides adorned for their husbands. And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father.

Isaiah 66:22-23, “For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make stand before Me, declares יהוה, “so your seed and your name shall stand. And it shall be that from New Moon to New Moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,” declares יהוה."

Will you at that time be interested in celebrating those days?

At what time? At the time we are in the new earth? I couldn't say for sure. I imagine a lot of things will be changed at that point.
 
It's not satanic,but really what does it have to do with Christ? We are going to be thankful one day spend time with family then the next day we knocking people over to get a deal on blackfriday? That's not the spirit of Christ, your suppose to be thankful everyday not when it's traditionally convient. What if god only blessed us a certain part of the year? All his goodness he's worthy year round.
 
thanksgiving-fantasy-football-week-13.jpg

Macys-Life-Mag.jpg
 
It's not satanic,but really what does it have to do with Christ? We are going to be thankful one day spend time with family then the next day we knocking people over to get a deal on blackfriday? That's not the spirit of Christ, your suppose to be thankful everyday not when it's traditionally convient. What if god only blessed us a certain part of the year? All his goodness he's worthy year round.

Nope.

Just on Thanksgiving.
 
It's not satanic,but really what does it have to do with Christ? We are going to be thankful one day spend time with family then the next day we knocking people over to get a deal on blackfriday? That's not the spirit of Christ, your suppose to be thankful everyday not when it's traditionally convient. What if god only blessed us a certain part of the year? All his goodness he's worthy year round.



​Apparently people do not know the history of thanksgiving. The Pilgrims, giving thanks for the first harvest after a long hard winter after leaving the tyranny of England to come to a new world with freedom of religion were the first to establish a day of thanks. George Washington also established a day of thanks,

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and—Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

Lincoln also established a national day of thanks during the civil war...

[FONT=&quot]...at the height of the Civil War, in a proclamation entreating all Americans to ask God to “commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife” and to “heal the wounds of the nation.” He scheduled Thanksgiving for the final Thursday in November, and it was celebrated on that day every year until 1939 from the History Channel

[/FONT]
Thanksgiving was not about taking only one day of the year to be thankful,it was and is about a national day of Thanksgiving. It happened after the first hard winter the Pilgrims survived,it happened during civil war, it happened during peace. It was nationally acknowledging the providence and provision of God. Because it has been corrupted by merchandising does not change the reason for the holiday. My family has never shopped on black Friday either.
 
I work in a restaurant so I always have to work on Thanksgiving... on the plus side.. free Thanksgiving meal
 
I work in a restaurant so I always have to work on Thanksgiving... on the plus side.. free Thanksgiving meal

I'm sorry, but you are a part of bringing families together to give thanks and showing some that they are appreciated if they come in by themselves.

As far as the food goes, I'm sure a home cooked meal would taste so much better. I hope that your family makes arrangements for a more formal dinner on a different day
 
I'm sorry, but you are a part of bringing families together to give thanks and showing some that they are appreciated if they come in by themselves.

As far as the food goes, I'm sure a home cooked meal would taste so much better. I hope that your family makes arrangements for a more formal dinner on a different day

This year I will probably have Thanksgiving dinner later in the evening with my in-laws.
 
Well, I wouldn't say it's satanic, but it sure is hard on the women in my family. We have to start cooking the night before...lol
 
At what time? At the time we are in the new earth? I couldn't say for sure. I imagine a lot of things will be changed at that point.

Understandable. You may find it interesting to know that when the Most High commanded these, he said, forever, and even Paul honored them, and we know there is only one way now, that way is Yahshua/Jesus, not 2 ways one for Jew and one for Gentile. Finally ALL of them are about Yahshua/Jesus, created by Yah, and only 3 of the 7 have been fulfilled, the last 4 are about His return.