is that lying

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acr96

Member
Nov 11, 2015
99
0
0
Last Sunday one of the men I attend church with asked me if I wanted to come to another Church that night; well I wasn't able to that night. So I honestly can't remember if I told him I would come next Sunday or if I just said I would try. Anyway so Thursday night one of my friends that I hadnt spoken to in almost a year wants to go to church with me tonight. I invited her to come to the church I always attend because I didn't even remember that I had told that guy I would or would try to come to his. So I really don't want to go to his, but I don't to be lying. Especially since I had prayed about it and this morning my pastor preached on lying, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Is that my sign from God to go to his?
 
Last Sunday one of the men I attend church with asked me if I wanted to come to another Church that night; well I wasn't able to that night. So I honestly can't remember if I told him I would come next Sunday or if I just said I would try. Anyway so Thursday night one of my friends that I hadnt spoken to in almost a year wants to go to church with me tonight. I invited her to come to the church I always attend because I didn't even remember that I had told that guy I would or would try to come to his. So I really don't want to go to his, but I don't to be lying. Especially since I had prayed about it and this morning my pastor preached on lying, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Is that my sign from God to go to his?

No, that's not lying.
 
Last Sunday one of the men I attend church with asked me if I wanted to come to another Church that night; well I wasn't able to that night. So I honestly can't remember if I told him I would come next Sunday or if I just said I would try. Anyway so Thursday night one of my friends that I hadnt spoken to in almost a year wants to go to church with me tonight. I invited her to come to the church I always attend because I didn't even remember that I had told that guy I would or would try to come to his. So I really don't want to go to his, but I don't to be lying. Especially since I had prayed about it and this morning my pastor preached on lying, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Is that my sign from God to go to his?

No it's not lying and that's not a sign.
 
if I wanted to find peace about the situation, I would call the friend who had invited me
and tell him that I honestly, (if it were true), couldn't remember what my response
was to his question about joining him in going to a different church,,,,if he does remember
what you said to him, then just go from there.., if you said yes, then invite your friend to
go with you to the other church, but, it he also doesn't remember your response, then
why don't you all three just meet up at the church where your hearts lead you?
anyway, we pray that you all find some joy and peace fellowship....
 
Last Sunday one of the men I attend church with asked me if I wanted to come to another Church that night; well I wasn't able to that night. So I honestly can't remember if I told him I would come next Sunday or if I just said I would try. Anyway so Thursday night one of my friends that I hadnt spoken to in almost a year wants to go to church with me tonight. I invited her to come to the church I always attend because I didn't even remember that I had told that guy I would or would try to come to his. So I really don't want to go to his, but I don't to be lying. Especially since I had prayed about it and this morning my pastor preached on lying, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Is that my sign from God to go to his?

i don't think it's lying at all.

i do think, that since you did tell the man that you'd go to the other church some time, that you should make good on that and at some point make an effort to attend it. that doesn't have to be tonight - you have another responsibility already to the plans you made with your friend. don't feel bad about that.

& be honest with that man (and your friend, and everyone!) - tell him if he asks, just what you told us, that you weren't sure what you had specifically told him, and that you had another engagement with your friend. even tell him that you were concerned about being untruthful about it all because you didn't go tonight - if your conscience is still bothering you. i'm sure he will forgive you - and probably doesn't even consider it a 'wrong' !

how good it would be if we were all so concerned about being truthful in what we do!!
♥​
 
Last Sunday one of the men I attend church with asked me if I wanted to come to another Church that night; well I wasn't able to that night. So I honestly can't remember if I told him I would come next Sunday or if I just said I would try. Anyway so Thursday night one of my friends that I hadnt spoken to in almost a year wants to go to church with me tonight. I invited her to come to the church I always attend because I didn't even remember that I had told that guy I would or would try to come to his. So I really don't want to go to his, but I don't to be lying. Especially since I had prayed about it and this morning my pastor preached on lying, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Is that my sign from God to go to his?
I don't know why some guy is asking you to go to another church. You already have a church. I wouldn't go to it unless I wanted to.
 
So I honestly can't remember if I told him I would come next Sunday or if I just said I would try.

If you don't remember what you said, how could it be lying? Next time, pay attention to yourself :)
 
Last Sunday one of the men I attend church with asked me if I wanted to come to another Church that night; well I wasn't able to that night. So I honestly can't remember if I told him I would come next Sunday or if I just said I would try. Anyway so Thursday night one of my friends that I hadnt spoken to in almost a year wants to go to church with me tonight. I invited her to come to the church I always attend because I didn't even remember that I had told that guy I would or would try to come to his. So I really don't want to go to his, but I don't to be lying. Especially since I had prayed about it and this morning my pastor preached on lying, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Is that my sign from God to go to his?


You worry too much. Lol :)

Personally if a friend I had not seen for a year asked to go to church with me
i would be highly delighted. Go to church with her, to the place she is expecting
to go - for her sake if not for yours. Then tell the other friend that something
unexpected has come up and you need to go to your own church.
 
Even if you did commit to something, its not a lie to uncommit to it.. Intentionally deceiving someone is a lie, but having a change of heart or changing your mind isn't a lie.. Just tell him that something else came up, so you won't be able to make it. That's no different than cancelling a doctors appointment.