He didn't get saved by tongues and he didn't get saved by a man
Hw got saved because heard the God's call and he listened
Rest assured I do not judge any with respect to being demon possessed.
I find it implausible that even one percent of the claimed experiences of tongues are genuine.
More is done in the modern church by the will of man than by the will of God. It is a shame that we argue more about tongues than we do about winning the lost to Christ.
Quote "I find it implausible that even one percent of the claimed experiences of tongues are genuine."
So either Im in that one percent or Im a faker?
Quote "More is done in the modern church by the will of man than by the will of God."
So I do this in the flesh...
Quote "It is a shame that we argue more about tongues than we do about winning the lost to Christ."
Brother I spent over 20yrs traveling to win people to Christ. Im not going to tell you the hardship my family endured to preach and sing to thousands of people over that time period. But tongues was not what we preached and thank God people came to Christ during those services. Please dont lecture me on winning people to Christ. I dedicated my life to going wherever people would allow us to preach the Gospel. Tongues has its place but none of us here is placing tongues over salvation.
Right on Kayla!
praise God for the power of His Holy Spirit...of ourselves, we can save no one and we cannot change ANYONE from the inside out...it's all about our Lord!
What are you talking about?
the OP or something else?
i am discussing these 15 year olds and I say they are more tuned to experiences than they are to THE TRUTH. I said for Elisabet to make sure that the adults in this church are preaching the TRUTH and concentrate on that
These are 15 year olds. (Not to say that GOD can't reach 15 year olds) but if they do not have the ability to recognize the difference between PURE MILK from substitutes, they will stomach anything.
GOD saved himUmm no you're wrong. He got saved because he heard his native language telling him how to be saved. The Holy Spirit drew him with tongues using his own language. It was through a woman who listened to the Spirit and gave the tongues. God works though people of course man cant save. Not even the pope or Mary. God used tongues to bring him into the service and hear how to be saved.
It's all good?
What is all good?
certainly not these 15 year olds who may have been fooled by an experience
Dont they need an....proper discernment?
Or st least someone with proper discernment to make sure that "it's all good"?
No it isn't measured by any outward profession at all other than confessing HIS NAME before men. After that, GOD sees and knows those who make the true profession and confession which is upon the heart where HE alone sees.
I would say not so much that they have a demon but are following after a lie of a lying spirit. Christians can be deceived to believe a lie. Only God will not be deceived according to His truth. He is no longer bringing any new revelations as an interpretation in another language.What we had in part up until the last chapter ,Revelation,we now have the whole or perfect .
The idea that tongues (the interpretation from God from one language to another) in an onward conversation between two, God through the prophet Peter who does not speak his own words but does speak the words God put on his lips and the man who has been given an interpretation from God not from Peter in his own language.
I would offer it was not evidence Peter had the Holy Spirit any more than would be be evidence Balaam's donkey which God used to represent a unbeliever, as a unclean animal, that the donkey had the Holy Spirit when God put his words in its mouth .as if God was served by human hands/will to begin with .
It has nothing to do with the speaker used as a prophet, as if tongues was attributed to Peter.It is not a biblical teaching I believe.
There simply is no outward sign as evidence that a person has the Holy Spirit. A changed heart yes. They are spiritul unseen gifts not after the flesh. The Jews sought after signs to show their rebellion to God.
Prophecy is for those who believe. Again God is not longer bringing any new revelations in any manner.
Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the "sign of the prophet Jonas":
That sign, three days in the heart of the earth was finished before God finished writing any new revelations in His book. today we have the whole/perfect
I would ask do we need more than He has revealed in the bible?
Right on Kayla!
praise God for the power of His Holy Spirit...of ourselves, we can save no one and we cannot change ANYONE from the inside out...it's all about our Lord!
You know when I traveled certain people would come up to me after the service and say arrogantly "you couldn't even do this without God,without the Holy Spirit" Sometimes it seemed they were trying to humble me. I know you're using it in the right context. Sometimes Id smile and say yes thats is true. But when some got in my face Id say "what you do not know is that I was struck with an illness at the age of 16. I have terrible pain everyday of my life. I deal with bouts severe dizziness and so I sit and sing from a chair. Many times I have to be helped to the stage. And yet most people that know me dont know what I suffer. So you dont have to tell me about the power of the Holy Spirit,or that I cant do this alone and need Gods help. You dont understand how much I need Gods help to do what I do." Usually said person would go away embarrassed. There is a song "In Christ Alone" my source of strength is definitely in Christ Alone.
GOD saved him
Nobody and no other thing but GOD
and this is why I hardly ever give examples of the supernatural experiences I have had with God
and probably why Jesus told so many not to say anything after He had worked a miracle in their life
unbelievable
blah blah blah
The HOLY SPIRIT glorifies the GIVER of the gift and NOT the gift itself
You are right. Just as I said above in my post which you quotedI don't think you understand how God works
right
and you do not get to judge hearts
you seem to think that YOU are some sort of measuring stick for what is and what is not real when it comes to conversion
thank GOD that He is the One who brings us along even though so many seem to think they are God's little helper...![]()
so now I'm gonna comment on my own response above...I don't want someone to take this personally or argue with someone here...God knows that's easy enough to do...moving along
who is it some of you folks think you are worshipping? honestly? I really do not think some of you know!
go back to the Bible...I think your head will explode if you honestly do more than lip service when you say you believe what is written
you don't believe IMO
you say you believe in God, who is Spirit and Whom you have never seen, all those supernatural events in both testaments...you say you believe God created ALL things simply by speaking them in existence, you say you believe Jesus walked on water in a huge storm on the lake of Galilee and you say you believe he was crucified but did not remain dead and was raised BACK to life and even ate mortal food after the event
but you don't believe His Spirit still is the same today?
I don't believe you believe!
I don't think you know what you believe and I also don't think you have a clue how far off course you actually are!
(walks off shaking her head and saying Dear God...please help us!)
Wont let me rep you for this. I'll try to spread some around and get back to you. But you're dead on!
You know when I traveled certain people would come up to me after the service and say arrogantly "you couldn't even do this without God,without the Holy Spirit" Sometimes it seemed they were trying to humble me. I know you're using it in the right context. Sometimes Id smile and say yes thats is true. But when some got in my face Id say "what you do not know is that I was struck with an illness at the age of 16. I have terrible pain everyday of my life. I deal with bouts severe dizziness and so I sit and sing from a chair. Many times I have to be helped to the stage. And yet most people that know me dont know what I suffer. So you dont have to tell me about the power of the Holy Spirit,or that I cant do this alone and need Gods help. You dont understand how much I need Gods help to do what I do." Usually said person would go away embarrassed. There is a song "In Christ Alone" my source of strength is definitely in Christ Alone.
I'm sorry to hear thatIt seems like they said those things to you because they were jealous of your musical ability.
Then start doing itThe man became saved, that glorifies God.
LOL!
I'll be waiting............![]()