Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Total voters

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
That’s really convenient to simply declare satellites as non-existent.

I have questions about satellites myself, but I'm not ready to declare them non-existent. The altitude that these satellites are reported to be at, I definitely don't believe that. Nope. It is possible that functional satellites are within earth's atmosphere.

My best guess is that, satellites are mostly on the ground, and signals bounce of the glass sky, and rebound to another satellite on earth. I have heard it once said, by a concave hollow earther, that the satellites in high altitude of earth, are at the equator, and North and South Poles.

There is however some reports of satellites on balloons, and also a company offering to take people high in earth's atmosphere for a large sum of cash.

Bottom line about deep space satellites: This would be like the moon landing discussions, it doesn't look true to some, and it looks to be true for others.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
This article breaks it down quite well.

https://chefin.com.au/blog/these-6-christmas-traditions-are-actually-pagan-customs/

View attachment 246986

Jeremiah

10 Hear what the Lord says to you, people of Israel. 2 This is what the Lord says:

“Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the heavens,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the practices of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.
5 Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field,
their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good.”
But, This is very interesting that even the secular is telling the truth on the subject here...

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
But, This is very interesting that even the secular is telling the truth on the subject here...
Yeah, it's crazy when you start questioning things, you never know where your gonna land. lol Thinking for yourself, instead of just blindly believe whatever they were told, can make you seem different.

We all have our faults, I have plenty.

It's a shame that in the educational program, there is only room for one right answer. Everything is binary. It hardly lets you hear different view points on a subject matter. It's very important to understand different view points, because it could help broaden your perspective.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
Yeah, it's crazy when you start questioning things, you never know where your gonna land. lol Thinking for yourself, instead of just blindly believe whatever they were told, can make you seem different.

We all have our faults, I have plenty.

It's a shame that in the educational program, there is only room for one right answer. Everything is binary. It hardly lets you hear different view points on a subject matter. It's very important to understand different view points, because it could help broaden your perspective.
Not that we have to have an "open" mind to the extent that it is empty ready to be filled with all manner of knowledge, but by the Holy Spirit leading us into all Truth. Here a little, there a little... He is able to bring a depth of understanding if we want to know, or rather receive a love of the Truth. :)

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Not that we have to have an "open" mind to the extent that it is empty ready to be filled with all manner of knowledge, but by the Holy Spirit leading us into all Truth. Here a little, there a little... He is able to bring a depth of understanding if we want to know, or rather receive a love of the Truth. :)
For sure. As long as the Bible is your guide, you shouldn't be able to go off course to far. We all stumble, but after stumbling for awhile, you finally get back on track. Well, at least you hope this is true.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
It may be convenient, but it also simply happens to be true.
By this, I'm assuming that you mean there is something up there (e.g. balloons) that transmit signals etc. but that these are not the CGI images of satellites that NASA and Co. would have us believe?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
By this, I'm assuming that you mean there is something up there (e.g. balloons) that transmit signals etc. but that these are not the CGI images of satellites that NASA and Co. would have us believe?
The absolute majority of the signals you refer to are actually "handled" by ground-based systems.

The only thing "up there" anywhere is hanging from a balloon or otherwise has its own on-board power-and-mobility system (to keep it in position) - no 'gravity'-based falling-over-the-horizon it-is-just-there-magically-in-place type of things. That is what I am saying.

And, none of what is "up there" is anywhere near as high up as they say the satellites are...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Yes - correct - none of the "satellites" that are depicted by the CGI images are actually "in space" and/or 'operational'.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The absolute majority of the signals you refer to are actually "handled" by ground-based systems.

The only thing "up there" anywhere is hanging from a balloon or otherwise has its own on-board power-and-mobility system (to keep it in position) - no 'gravity'-based falling-over-the-horizon it-is-just-there-magically-in-place type of things. That is what I am saying.

And, none of what is "up there" is anywhere near as high up as they say the satellites are...
Just clarifying, because some deniers will try to twist your words.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Some of you guys fell asleep in your basic science class, and it shows.

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
You should put your faith in God/Jesus - always.

A part of this is to follow His admonition to "be sober" - meaning - to not let the worldly 'cocktail' get you "drunk" and rob you of your spiritual discernment of things in the world.

God speaks to us by/through/with His Holy Spirit; however, His 'word' for us is a message given in the form of an inspired written record of the things He wants us to know. Until His Second Coming, Jesus does not come to us personally (bodily) to tell us things; rather, it comes to us from His 'word' and the Holy Spirit. And, it is not that He could not do it differently if He chose - it is the way He chose.

What happens if the 'word' that He intends to teach you how to have spiritual discernment becomes corrupted?

How will you learn how to have enough spiritual discernment to recognize and realize that it has been corrupted?

A part of spiritual discernment is having the spiritual discernment to recognize and realize when it has been corrupted.

A person who has grown up studying the KJV is able to 'see' - "in spades" - the corruption that exists in the modern bibles.

Moses is just a brother who cares enough to try to warn you that you should be careful not to let the corrupted worldly cocktail rob you of good solid spiritual discernment - which will be corrupted if you attempt to obtain it from a corrupted bible.

It is not about putting your faith in Moses; rather, it is about "being sober" [enough] to discern the information you are given.

We all have to discern whatever we are given - whatever we are told - whatever we experience - etc.

We even have to discern whether or not the source of information is a good source of information.

Yes - it is complex.

Nonetheless, we have to do it.

What ultimately matters is - what you do with the information.

If the mere mention of the KJV agitates you, makes you angry, etc. - this is a CLUE!

That is just the devil (or a demon) standing next to you with a "cattle prod" - poking you with it in order to provoke you so that you might 'dismiss' the KJV. That is just how badly the devil does not want you to pay any attention to the KJV.

It happens all the time... (The mere mention of the KJV seems to instantly make certain members of CC absolutely livid!)

Corrupted bibles will have you drinking the worldly cocktail without recognizing it or realizing it - robbing you of good solid spiritual discernment.

So - pray about it - ask the Lord to help you discern the truth... :coffee:
So all this talk about "a personal relationship with Jesus" is false. There's no one on one, personal relationship with Jesus; just the study of the Bible, and the Holy Spirit "speaking" to your heart.
This explains why you can have 10 Biblical experts in a room together, each with a different INTERPRETATION of scripture; each with an INTERPRETATION of what God wants me to do with my life. And I'm told I must have DISCERNMENT to know who among them speaks the truth.
No wonder there is so much confusion in the world.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
So all this talk about "a personal relationship with Jesus" is false. There's no
one on one, personal relationship with Jesus; just the study of the Bible, and
the Holy Spirit "speaking" to your heart.
This explains why you can have 10 Biblical experts in a room together, each
with a different INTERPRETATION of scripture; each with an
INTERPRETATION of what God wants me to do with my life. And I'm told I
must have DISCERNMENT to know who among them speaks the truth.
No wonder there is so much confusion in the world.
I became active on internet forums right around 1997. At that time, a guy
on Lycos warned me that religious forums are the armpit of the internet. I
thought he was just being a wise guy, but turns out he was right.
_

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I finished top of all my science classes. But that was because I believed in the theories I was taught. I've since discovered those theories were wrong. I'm sure the other students in my science classes could also discover this at some stage - if they cared to look.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I finished top of all my science classes. But that was because I believed in the theories I was taught. I've since discovered those theories were wrong. I'm sure the other students in my science classes could also discover this at some stage - if they cared to look.
Some scientist are atheist, some are educated idiots, and some are mature believers in Christ. Ones overarching worldview will determine the validity of ones assertions.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Some scientist are atheist, some are educated idiots, and some are mature believers in Christ. Ones overarching worldview will determine the validity of ones assertions.
Meh. I don't place great store on scientists or grades. But usually, those who reject the prevailing worldview do not do so because they are lacking scientific education. This is moreso the reason for the many who accept it.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Ones overarching worldview will determine the validity of ones assertions.
Sipsey's perception of Ones overarching worldview as interpreted by Sipsey's worldview in his own mind will determine the validity as interpreted by Sipsey's worldview in his own mind of ones assertions.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
All of us were taught how to live out our lives 'asleep' - and, the problem is - most are still 'asleep'. (Some of us are now 'awake'. And, I do not mean 'woke'.)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
There you go folks. Not much left to argue....yes?

I am pretty sure - that is the most dumb, most stupid, most idiotic, most bogus, most fake thing I have ever seen in my life... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are so many painfully obvious things wrong with that video that I have no hesitation in saying - anyone who believes that it is real is "trapped deep deep DEEP in the MATRIX" and is [totally] "asleep at the wheel" when it comes to being able to recognize what is real in this world and what is not.

In saying this, it is not my intent to insult anyone; rather, it is my hope that I might encourage some to search until they find and take whatever path is necessary to help them wake up from the 'coma' they are in --- anyone who actually falls for that "pile of deception" ( :poop: ) needs to understand just how gullible they really are...

It's SAD - it really is. :(:(:(:(:(