Is the end near with everything that's going on?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 17, 2017
HI There!
I'd just like to have a close, loving relationship with God but I don't know how exactly

Know His Son.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

God Bless!!!!

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Well good. :)
I'm sorry that I'm going over basic things but it's important for me to know where you stand.
Do you believe Jesus is who he claims to be? He is God And the only way to be reconciled to God is by him?

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Oh good, I was just making sure.
It's going to be OK, we all have bad seasons.
I might suggest reading the Gospel of John again, even if you may have read it before. It's not that long.
Keep going and read The Book of Acts straight after. Refresh your memory about how things happened when The Holy Spirit came.
And pray, If you are earnestly seeking intimacy with The Lord you will find it.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" Jer 29:13

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
A lot is happening with the world and a friend that I'm talking to always talks about his dream and visions of it being the end of the world. I am honestly scared because I just feel like I haven't done enough. Also, that friend said something about March 2020- November 2022 being the end. I honestly don't know what to think. I'm just terrified.
I believe It Will be great tribulation for 7 years before the end or second coming. It say in revelation 13

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
A lot is happening with the world and a friend that I'm talking to always talks about his dream and visions of it being the end of the world. I am honestly scared because I just feel like I haven't done enough. Also, that friend said something about March 2020- November 2022 being the end. I honestly don't know what to think. I'm just terrified.
Jesus died for us because we could never do enough to deserve eternal life. The end comes to someone every day including Christians
Our salvation rests on faith in him not in how many good works we accomplish before we are called home.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
First, a good rule of thumb would be to 'BE READY at all times. Also, 'terrified' should not be in our vocabulary. It says 365 times in the Bible to FEAR NOT. God bless.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
God has not given us the spirit of fear. What that means is .. God didn't tell your friend anything. If He did show you/friend something He would have shown the word with it.

So no its not the end of the world. This always happens in times like this. You know "the end is near" "Jesus is coming any second" "WWIII is here" "God is judging" "God is mad" on and on and on.

They way this works is you have to have faith in what GOD has said..what HE has promised. There is never anything to worry about. So relax.. be at peace.. its ok :) GOD is ALWAYS with you on your side.

Feb 29, 2020
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1).

I haven't been a good Christian that's why I'm afraid. I try to be so but I go back to sin. I also don't even know much about the gospel to spread it to others. I guess that is why I am scared of the end because I feel like I don't love God. I don't have that fervent feeling for God I guess and I dislike myself for that.
Take it to the Lord:

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. (Isaiah 57:15).

I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill (Psalm 3:4).

The LORD is near unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth (Psalm 145:18).

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Sure enough, it is the end of this world for those who have perished of this virus. Our prayers & sympathy should go out to those who mourn the loss.
We who are afraid no doubt will have bad dreams. This isn't prophecy, this is fear, or heavy meals before bed. Nothing more like what the OP thinks. God's got this.😁

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
As far as not being a good Christian confess this directly to God and he will cleanse you.

"If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

I worry with an hispanic name, you might be Catholic. The Catholic Church doesn't believe anyone can know they are saved. They substitute rites and rituals for relationship with Christ. None of that is in the Bible. All we need to do is hear the gospel and obey. Look at 1 Cor. 15 if you want the best Bible definition for the Bible. Believe God has saved you. As others have said, it is not something you do, but rather, the Holy Spirit is the one who not only saves but keeps us. We do need to repent of our sins, and then go to God and confess if we fail.

Live by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and certainly, obey the moral laws of the NT. But, if God has saved you, you cannot lose your salvation. Praying for you to feel assurance.

Jun 6, 2018
As far as not being a good Christian confess this directly to God and he will cleanse you.

"If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

I worry with an hispanic name, you might be Catholic. The Catholic Church doesn't believe anyone can know they are saved. They substitute rites and rituals for relationship with Christ. None of that is in the Bible. All we need to do is hear the gospel and obey. Look at 1 Cor. 15 if you want the best Bible definition for the Bible. Believe God has saved you. As others have said, it is not something you do, but rather, the Holy Spirit is the one who not only saves but keeps us. We do need to repent of our sins, and then go to God and confess if we fail.

Live by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and certainly, obey the moral laws of the NT. But, if God has saved you, you cannot lose your salvation. Praying for you to feel assurance.
Ohh I'm not Catholic and thanks for responding 🥰

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
the end is SURELY NEARER than it was since the LAST TIME someone posted a Thread about the end being near

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
What exactly do u mean? Care to elaborate?
What didn't you understand? The "end" is nearer now than it was since I posted my comment, and nearer than when you posted your comment......... By the time you read this, the end will be nearer still

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I am honestly scared because I just feel like I haven't done enough.
If that is the only reason then you ought to be. :D

Anyhow, it is never too late to do what you must do, so get busy, and no excuses. Especially not about coronavirus preventing you from doing anything.

However, the sky is not falling, so don't let the media get you down.