E
eternally-gratefull
Guest
What did He save them from? I believe the answer here is SIN.
what is sin?
What did He save them from? I believe the answer here is SIN.
Yes I read it. Lev and the laws contained there-in were given to the children of Isreal.
and you deny this?
The question was WHO SAID THIS? third time I've repeated the question. Who is the LORD who said this?
Does the way of Jesus Christ supercede the old hebrew way of keeping feasts and laws?
why does it matter? WHO HE SAYS IT TOO MATTERS, not who said it.
The lord can tell so and so something, it does not mean it is directed to everyone else. now does it?
Jesus gave this law in Lev, it does not mean it is directed to us now does it??
So knowing the perspective that I have on things and where my salvation lies, what would be the harm in celebrating Passover?
Agree with most everything you said, I just see it different.
1. Reading and studying it. Yes I agree.
2. Doing it (feast of unleavened bread) no. As this is not for us.
True, but they did experience salvation that night.3. Remember, the people freed wandered the dessert for 40 year. they did not enter Gods rest.
Absolutely.The picture is they did not save themselves either. The slain lamb did. He gave his life for the first born.
To them it was. "this is the day I freed you from slavery, and made you a NATION of my own"
The whole point was god was going to separate them as a nation, and show the world (through his work with them) his ways and his mercy.
Yes, he is the fulfillment of the symbol. So why look at the symbol and NOT the fulfillment of that symbol?
Yes, we are saved through this New Covenant. The Law, the Torah points us to Yeshua. We are not observing and keeping Passover because our hope is in it. Rather, it is a memorial stone for how our God has worked miracles in the past, and how He worked a miracle in us through salvation. For me, all of the Torah provides the opportunity for me to remember.....
If you focus on the memorial stone or the "shadow", or the "schoolmaster", you've missed the point. But if you focus on what each of those things weredesigned to point to, you're aren't worshipping them or elevating them. You're worshipping and celebrating what they're pointing to.
Each of those things was to show the world via a nation. I see God work in peoples lives every day, those are more powerful than remembering things which happened to some nation 4000 years ago,
Again, Why would we celebrate the symbol and not the fulfillment? that makes no sense to me, Just being honest!
So knowing the perspective that I have on things and where my salvation lies, what would be the harm in celebrating Passover?
True, but they did experience salvation that night. Absolutely.
You're right. Separating a nation was one of the benefits. But remember, Passover was not a corporate event. God didn't just automatically pass over the Hebrews as a people. Every family had to make the decisions to trust God. And in turn, God passed over every individual family looking for the mark of belief and deliverance.
Which is why I said,
And I suppose I would say that if people aren't able to look past the historical account of Passover and see Jesus in it, they shouldn't celebrate it. That just lends itself to legalism and vain rituals. And I see people who do that every year. They celebrate and worship the symbol, and not the substance. Everyone can see throughout Scripture that God doesn't care about vain repetition and ritual with no heart behind it. I not only see God working in people's lives everyday right now, but it humbles me to see how He has always worked in people's lives, and it builds my faith knowing that He always WILL.
John 14:6-7
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
It didn't seem like such a big inference to me. How many High Priests before The Lord Jesus Christ told anyone to take and eat this is my body which is given for you, during passover?
How many High Priests before the Lord Jesus Christ told anyone this cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you, during passover?
New Testament in my blood. I am the Way. What the Lord Jesus Christ says seems pretty strong to me.
This is pretty much the gist of all our goings around and around. Does the Lords Supper supercede the old celebration of passover? For those that would follow Him it sure does.
Does the way of Jesus Christ supercede the old hebrew way of keeping feasts and laws?
yep. that answers it all. (rolls eyes)
So are you going to answer? What is sin??
True, but just because there is a risk that someone might focus on the wrong thing doesn't mean we should just say it's a definitively bad thing and cease it all together. That risk of focusing on symbols and shadows could exist in almost every facet of Christianity today.The focus would be brought on you doing it. And not on what really happened. Which is the danger with all traditions and vein repetitions.
Right. But the question becomes, "how"? How do we celebrate it? His sacrifice is obviously the most important thing to celebrate, but how do we do it? By making up new traditions and rituals to say we're celebrating Him? Or is it possible to use the things God Himself set up?The lamb slaughtered was the focus. The freedom was purchased by an innocent,
It symbolised Christ, so again, should we not celebrate that instead?
True, but just because there is a risk that someone might focus on the wrong thing doesn't mean we should just say it's a definitively bad thing and cease it all together. That risk of focusing on symbols and shadows could exist in almost every facet of Christianity today.
Right. But the question becomes, "how"? How do we celebrate it? His sacrifice is obviously the most important thing to celebrate, but how do we do it? By making up new traditions and rituals to say we're celebrating Him? Or is it possible to use the things God Himself set up?
Uh, the question was who is the LORD that spoke in Lev 23. I am not sure what your circular reasoning is here but sin is...
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
So knowing the perspective that I have on things and where my salvation lies, what would be the harm in celebrating Passover?
True, but they did experience salvation that night.
Absolutely.
You're right. Separating a nation was one of the benefits. But remember, Passover was not a corporate event. God didn't just automatically pass over the Hebrews as a people. Every family had to make the decisions to trust God. And in turn, God passed over every individual family looking for the mark of belief and deliverance.
Which is why I said,
And I suppose I would say that if people aren't able to look past the historical account of Passover and see Jesus in it, they shouldn't celebrate it. That just lends itself to legalism and vain rituals. And I see people who do that every year. They celebrate and worship the symbol, and not the substance. Everyone can see throughout Scripture that God doesn't care about vain repetition and ritual with no heart behind it. I not only see God working in people's lives everyday right now, but it humbles me to see how He has always worked in people's lives, and it builds my faith knowing that He always WILL.
- su·per·sede
/ˌso͞opərˈsēd/
Take the place of (a person or thing previously in authority or use); supplant: "the older models have now been superseded".- supplant - replace - substitute - displace
Is there a scripture saying that Jesus is a substitute or replacement to the will of His Father who gave the Law to Moses. Just asking for scripture to clarify. I don't recollect Jesus saying, forget about what me Dad wants, here's my take on it all. Just my words to describe how I see things.
Well Grandpa, you certainly are welcome to your line of thinking and the methods you used to get there. I'm just not buying it. Now keep in mind, I don't have a problem taking the bread and the juice/wine. I do it every week. But to say that it supercedes and replaces Passover:
- a decree given by God to be kept forever
- that Jesus obeserved
- that Jesus Himself never said to stop doing
- that the Apostles never said to stop doing,
[/LIST]
You've just described how the hebrew roots movement are a cult. Of course you're not buying it. That's why I have to keep showing that its all about Jesus all the time.
Galatians 3:22-25
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Not a replacement to the Will of the Father but a replacement to the way of the hebrews in the OT. The Lord Jesus and the Way He gives us has always been the will of the Father.