Is There A God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
I should have phrased what I did differently; shrews have more basal characters than rodents do. Saying that they are more basal could give people the wrong idea. My bad.

K

kenthomas27

TheKringledOne said: Just wanted to say that pretty stuff appearing in nature doesn't hint at the existence of a god, much less a specific one; just like pictures of disgusting things do not point towards the idea of a god not existing.
We know it doesn't! It just serves to remind us of His Presence. Just like none of us here at CC are here to convince a man there is a God - but, like those pictures, we can show a man the same.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
Even the ugly things in nature prove the existence of God because they were all made for a purpose.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
We know it doesn't! It just serves to remind us of His Presence. Just like none of us here at CC are here to convince a man there is a God - but, like those pictures, we can show a man the same.
Usually I go by assuming that, but the title of this topic threw me off this time.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
QUOTE FROM TKO......

I'm pretty sure what I said was at the very least coherent. nw2u and Tintin were sufficient rebuttal, but not without its own consequences. It is a Christian site so I won't go into it in detail. Just wanted to say that pretty stuff appearing in nature doesn't hint at the existence of a god, much less a specific one; just like pictures of disgusting things do not point towards the idea of a god not existing.

END QUOTE........

this is merely YOUR opinion, and you are certainly entitled to that, BUT it IS MERELY your opinion..........not Science, not Fact, nor is it Biblical. In fact Scripture will argue against you...............try reading Chapters 38 and 39 of Job.

If you don't like Christianity, why are you on a Christian Web Site? Just to try and be a "spiritual downer" for folks who love God? If so, that's just weird.............

anyway..............there is a reason for the "ignore" option.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
worthy of viewing.......... :)

june4th 013.jpg

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
QUOTE FROM TKO......

I'm pretty sure what I said was at the very least coherent. nw2u and Tintin were sufficient rebuttal, but not without its own consequences. It is a Christian site so I won't go into it in detail. Just wanted to say that pretty stuff appearing in nature doesn't hint at the existence of a god, much less a specific one; just like pictures of disgusting things do not point towards the idea of a god not existing.

END QUOTE........

this is merely YOUR opinion, and you are certainly entitled to that, BUT it IS MERELY your opinion..........not Science, not Fact, nor is it Biblical. In fact Scripture will argue against you...............try reading Chapters 38 and 39 of Job.

If you don't like Christianity, why are you on a Christian Web Site? Just to try and be a "spiritual downer" for folks who love God? If so, that's just weird.............

anyway..............there is a reason for the "ignore" option.
YOU CAN IGNORE THE ABOVE QUOTE........................ I see by your profile picture, that you are just a young man, and you MAY or MAY NOT actually be searching for answers...........sooooooooo, I'll cut you some slack on your anit-Christian comments.......after all, we were ALL young once, and the Lord knows I was about as wild as one can be......

So, God bless, and I pray that one day the Holy Spirit will touch your heart and you will KNOW THERE IS A GOD!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Sunset on Guntersville Lake.......

9.7.12 017.JPG

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
None of my comments were anti-Christian.
Flamingo chick on the mudlands of Lake Natron
article-2252061-169EC38A000005DC-747_964x697.jpg

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Comments of KringledOne, this thread.......

Picturesof pretty things don't prove a god. I could post pictures of ugly things; wouldthat be evidence against God?

I can find pictures of hyenas eating out of the butts of elephants... what doesthat say about God?

I'll justgo ahead and say that there seems to be a severe lack of evidence.

QUOTEFROM JB: Rom 1v20: For ever since thecreation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternalpower and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in andthrough the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are withoutexcuse [altogether without any defense or justification]...(AMP)

(youranswer) That is neat. If only it was actually the case.
I'mpretty sure what I said was at the very least coherent. nw2u and Tintin weresufficient rebuttal, but not without its own consequences. It is a Christiansite so I won't go into it in detail. Just wanted to say that pretty stuffappearing in nature doesn't hint at the existence of a god, much less a specificone; just like pictures of disgusting things do not point towards the idea of agod not existing.
YOUR LASTCOMMENT:
None ofmy comments were anti-Christian

What you fail to understand, possibly because of your youth, is that ALL of your comments have been anti-Christian........any commentary which denies the Lord God is anti-Christian...

As you clearly claim to NOT be a Christian, it is understandable you would make such comments.

One mistake you make is thinking that you are of "sufficient knowledge" to instruct those here who are Believers........but given your youth, that too is understandable.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
one of my favorite pics............

gotaway 001.JPG

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm glad to see you are finally beginning to understand.........good for you..........who knows? Before long you might even invest in a good Bible and begin to discover the wisdom within Scriptures............not to mention the eternal salvation awaiting.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
the beauty of His creations never ceases to amaze me......

watch 009.JPG

C

Chinekwu

I don't need to look far...I look at myself and at people and i know that there is a god and that god is GOD..

Dec 9, 2011
I love these flowers..........because I see angels in each bloom.........(yes, I know, they aren't really angles....)

View attachment 58951
Hello p_rehbein
excellent pic

viewing the king james version(kjv)

Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

D

didymos

The question if there is a God is only interesting for philosophers... I just BELIEVE in Him.

1.jpg

(Another purdy pic).