Is there forgiveness for everything?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 15, 2009
Hello Is. I followed up on the story in your link earlier this week, watched a few videos, such a sad situation, I am so sorry for that beautiful little girl and the loss her family suffered at the hands of he who stole her life from her while her mother went for a walk... sometimes the evil in this world seems too much to take, and especially only all the more so when it is so brutally visited upon the very young and those who have no natural defences. Still I do believe that if such a person or persons were to repent and believe in Jesus, they would be accepted into the kingdom. There is no sin too great or too small that Jesus' propitiatory sacrifice on our behalf cannot cover... and we have all fallen short. Only the sin of blasphemy is unforgivable: unbelief.

Blasphemy IS forgivable..... just not against the Holy Spirit. Mocking, saying the works of the Spirit is of Satan is blaspheming, not unbelief.

Please take no offense, I'm just stating the facts, that's all.

I

Is

I've been doing a bible study and we touched on this scripture. Actually, Matthew 18: 1-11 brought healing and encouragement to me. These scriptures speak to child victimization. In Matthew 18:6, it says that Christ avenges the abuse or victimization of children. He hates victimization. If we have been victimized in anyway, we can trust that God will take care of it. We don 't have to avenge ourselves. He saw everything that was done to us. He suffered with us and He desires to heal the brokenhearted.

He commands us to forgive our abusers and others, so that we can be set free. Choosing not to forgive keep us in bondage and harms us not the other person. I believe that God forgives an abuser who repents, but they will still have to suffer consequences for their sins. Yes, woe to them. Everyone reaps what they sow.

It's impossible to forgive when your dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Blasphemy IS forgivable..... just not against the Holy Spirit. Mocking, saying the works of the Spirit is of Satan is blaspheming, not unbelief.

Please take no offense, I'm just stating the facts, that's all.
There is no other blasphemy, so I just assumed anyone (any Christian) would know what I meant. I guess not. My apologies.

Aug 15, 2009
There is no other blasphemy, so I just assumed anyone (any Christian) would know what I meant. I guess not. My apologies.
Matthew 12:31-32 (NASB)
[SUP]31 [/SUP]"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. [SUP]32 [/SUP]"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

For clarification's sake, Jesus is saying that even blaspheming Him is forgivable, but not the Holy Spirit. Yes, blasphemy is always defined the same, it's who is blasphemed that makes the one unforgivable.

Jul 23, 2015
:smoke: and it is the law of man which are contrary to the law of god
that those evil doers should be put unto justice like every good government does
in this reality . . ..

the truth is jesus tell us the difference between the words of man and
the words of when he tell us something about true justice .......
just like judas acts that it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
from his wrong doings ( though the place was not in the middle of the sea :rofl: )

: : BUT REMEMBER TO FORGIVE THOSE BEINGS WHO ARE CORRUPTED BY
EVIL THINGS FOR AFTER THOSE PEOPLE WERE JUDGED ACCORDING
TO THE LAW OF MEN ... .
YOU WILL ALSO BECOME ONE WHO WILL JUDGE THE WORLD
IF YOU ARE PROVEN WORTHY
:read:
1 Corinthians: 6. 2. Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3. Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

2 Thessalonians: 1. 6. Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

2 Peter: 2. 8. (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9. The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10. But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

and even them . ... .. .
11. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13. And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

God bless us all always

:ty:

Last edited:
S

Sirk

eating or liking black licorice is unforgivable. It says so in the bible.

Jul 23, 2015
Black Licorice: Trick or Treat?

:think:: even if you accidentally eat a food with a poison
you can do no harm to anyone but only unto your self

:hmm: that's why our lord jesus christ say this things
above all alse from
which (what) is written
Mark 7:18
And He said to them, “Are you also without understanding? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside is unable to defile him,
19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach,b and is eliminated, thus purging all the foods?”
20 And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil reasonings, adulteries, whorings, murders,
22 thefts, greedy desires, wickednesses, deceit, indecency, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 “All these wicked matters come from within and defile a man.”

:) but it doesn't mean that we need not to live a healthy living
Proverbs: 11. 17. The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.

God bless us all always

:ty:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2015
God IS love. The scripture does not say He HAS love ( although it is manifested )

God is NOT justice. God's justice can only be viewed in the context of who He is. He is love.

Jesus took on His body all the sins of the world. He took all judgment. Jesus' words need to be taken always by using the lens of what happened on the cross. I think in the above scripture it says nothing about not being forgiven..just seems to indicate that in this world..if you offend ( which means to cause to stumble ) one of these "little ones"..it's not going to be good.

In the context of the Matt 18:6..the Lord is talking about becoming as little children to get into the kingdom. Causing them to stumble would be saying..You do not have to be born again and become as a little child to enter the kingdom of God...see Matt.18:3

I admit a lot of our Lord's saying are difficult to understand with our natural mind.

Jesus also said - " if your eye causes you to stumble and sin..pluck it out "...yet..we still have our eyes

Jesus said - "if your hand cause you to steal..cut it off "...we still have our hands

Jesus said - " Be perfect.."...how is that one going for us?

This is Moses 2.0 version

Jesus was the greatest law preacher to those who were trying to be righteous by doing good works.

Jesus was the greatest grace teacher for those who knew they needed Him!

When reading the words of Jesus...Don't take someone else's medicine.

We need to always read both the words of Jesus and all the Old Testament through the " lens " of the finished work of our Lord and what the New Covenant now says. The Old Testament were types and shadows of the real that was to come - Jesus! All the law and prophets and psalms speak off Jesus!
I find it interesting that in (v.7) Jesus doesn't say anything about forgiveness, but says woe to the person that causes offenses.

People tend to loose sight of the fact that Jesus isn't just love he is also justice.

Nov 22, 2015
Here is a great teaching on what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is...the work of the Holy Spirit is to bring us to the knowledge we need Christ as our Savior...just before matt:12:31 = vers 30 "He who is not with ME is against Me "..it's not being with Jesus..accepting HIM.

If it was saying the works of the Spirit was from Satan...then anyone who has ever said those people that speak in tongues is off the devil..they would never be forgiven s it is definitely the Holy spirit that brings that gift to us. There are thousand's of testimonies of former believers that said tongues was of the devil but not they are talking in tongues..

What is the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? – Escape to Reality

Matthew 12:31-32 (NASB)
[SUP]31 [/SUP]"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. [SUP]32 [/SUP]"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

For clarification's sake, Jesus is saying that even blaspheming Him is forgivable, but not the Holy Spirit. Yes, blasphemy is always defined the same, it's who is blasphemed that makes the one unforgivable.