Is This A Christian Or Not A Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
I am not judging but most people who say they
are Christian and I am sure they feel they are
but I feel they are still in the flesh. I will give an
example. Yesterday there was a televangelist
having an interview and was asked a question
about a situation where a person was killed on
purpose and the killers of that person could pay
several million dollars to not be charged and
this televangelist had the power to set free
the killers in exchange for that money. And he
said well I am sorry but to make our family secure,
I would set them free since they only killed one
person and it is important for me to have that
amount of money. The truth is that televangelist
has been on tv for probably 40 years or more. Is
that really being a Christian. What does the
parable of the lost sheep say. I just wonder what
you think.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Had the person that the murderers killed been one of his own children, would the televangelist still be so lenient? Would he cry for justice or dismiss the penalty of an offense for gain? It is not his place to pardon their offense. Even if given the opportunity, how does he justify his family's security over the justice due to the family that grieves? Where is the line between righteousness and greed? The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

You can see where the televangelist is coming from, that it was just a one off thing. It isn't like they're serial killers, but nonetheless his family's security is found in the providence of God and not the ill-gotten gains of injustice.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
What was the televangelist's name, or was this a hypothetical question.....

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians.
There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Is the interview on Utube ? It is hard to make a call on such a question when you have not heard what was said for yourself..

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Are you substituting the Televangelist for Trump who for monetary purposes wants to keep good relations with the murderer crown prince in Saudi Arabia?

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Are you substituting the Televangelist for Trump who for monetary purposes wants to keep good relations with the murderer crown prince in Saudi Arabia?
no it was a televangelist

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
no it was a televangelist
Whoever, takes cash for accepting a murder does not believe in what Christ believed in, and therefore though he may claim himself to be a Christian, in reality is far from the Way.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If you wish to use that criterion, the USA should cancel diplomatic relations with every country in the world.

How about the UK and Tommy Robinson, who is being put into jail with jihadists so that he can also be murdered? At the same time the murderous jihadists are being welcomed into the UK and given free passes at every opportunity.

Back to the OP, a vast number (if not the majority) of televangelists are a disgrace, and should not be viewed or supported.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I think the OP is referring to the Pat Robertson interview regarding the murdered journalist Khashoggi:

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
If you wish to use that criterion, the USA should cancel diplomatic relations with every country in the world.

How about the UK and Tommy Robinson, who is being put into jail with jihadists so that he can also be murdered? At the same time the murderous jihadists are being welcomed into the UK and given free passes at every opportunity.

Back to the OP, a vast number (if not the majority) of televangelists are a disgrace, and should not be viewed or supported.
If you don't wish to use the criterion posted, you then condone murder for profit.

L

Locoponydirtman

I think the OP is referring to the Pat Robertson interview regarding the murdered journalist Khashoggi:

This don't really fit the description given. It would be better to have the actual context. If this the situation still more information is required. Like was the juornalist breaking the law and attempt to flee capture and end up dead, or what. I don't know.
To accept murder for money is corrupt

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
And there is Pat Robertson, supposedly a man of God, condoning murder.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If you don't wish to use the criterion posted, you then condone murder for profit.
This is TOTAL NONSENSE. Saudi Arabia is a sovereign nation and how they deal with their citizens is their business.

You do not have the Saudis telling America how to deal with its citizens. The Saudi consulate would have the same status as an American embassy -- sovereign soil. Every embassy has that status. So the rest of the world had no business telling the Saudis anything. This is all a major distraction created by the MSM to deflect attention from the real and serious issues facing America.

As to journalists being murdered, how about those murdered at the instigation of the Clintons? Why did no one raise a stink? How about the recent murder of Bulgarian journalist Viktoria Marinova? That was brutal and uncalled for. But no stink by the American media. Total hypocrisy.

And let's not forget the government of the UK and what they did to Tommy Robinson. Why no stink from the American media? Why no relations with the UK being called into question?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
This is TOTAL NONSENSE. Saudi Arabia is a sovereign nation and how they deal with their citizens is their business.
Yes, Saudi Arabia is a sovereign nation, but I do not condone its murder of Khashoggi, or its murdering of 50,000 + Yemenis.
This is the devils world, and the politics thereof is the same.
No stink about the 50,000 + Yemenis killed here either; Why?
And yet, Pat Robertson says we should stay in bed with Saudi Arabia.
I wonder what he'll say at the judgment?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I am not judging but most people who say they
are Christian and I am sure they feel they are
but I feel they are still in the flesh. I will give an
example. Yesterday there was a televangelist
having an interview and was asked a question
about a situation where a person was killed on
purpose and the killers of that person could pay
several million dollars to not be charged and
this televangelist had the power to set free
the killers in exchange for that money. And he
said well I am sorry but to make our family secure,
I would set them free since they only killed one
person and it is important for me to have that
amount of money. The truth is that televangelist
has been on tv for probably 40 years or more. Is
that really being a Christian. What does the
parable of the lost sheep say. I just wonder what
you think.
Who is the person you're referring to please.