Is this a sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jagss

Jan 25, 2020
I was wondering if this is a sin. I'm a male but i want to try on girl underwear and was wondering if its a sin to try them on? not wear them

Jagss

Jan 25, 2020
Please delete this posting i don't need a response anymore.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It is doubtful your thread will be deleted. Welcome to CC :)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Well I happen to be writing a post on Robo OPs profile and I saw yours beneath. I hope I'm not being too nosy and I realize this may be uncomfortable to talk about...but take a look at Deuteronomy 22:5

"5) A woman shall not wear a man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God. NASB.

It's kind of there in black and white. There are quite a few things that I've been curious about at one point or another that aren't specifically mentioned in the new testament (NT) and are culturally encouraged as harmless (such as cross dressing) and yet this scripture is pretty clear. There are quite a few things that I have done that had just strange amount of energy almost like "something" REALLY wanted to take advantage of someone's lack of scriptural knowledge. Or at least that is what I've come to the understanding of at this point.

No I'm not in to law keeping by the letter, but it's pretty scary some of the things that someone can be tempted with and your average believer thinks that all things are permissible and doesn't think they are sins because they are in the Old testament (OT).

However, Jesus IS the word made flesh. He's not throwing out all the law and the prophets...merely fulfilling them. Any time you have a sexual question, you can just ask for a PM about a personal matter and mention me (ex: @Mii ) and it will notify me and I'll try and send you a PM.

If you are uncertain about the whole fulfilling the law thing, that's alright. I have been shocked at the things that I have been able to find in scripture when I couldn't really find help or wanted to be private about something. Thankfully the Lord meets me there anyway.

If you find yourself struggling with stuff like that, feel free to ask for help. Sometimes people feel shame, but reaching out with a question that takes courage to post is to be applauded not shamed or ashamed of.

Jan 25, 2015
I was wondering if this is a sin. I'm a male but i want to try on girl underwear and was wondering if its a sin to try them on? not wear them
Maybe more uncomfortable than sinful grrrrrrr eeeeek ouch

Mar 7, 2020
I have done that in the past (before I became Christian), it is written that cross dressing is sinful, but also, from my own experience, it is also uncomfortable. It just feels wrong. Not good. I wouldn't recommend doing it for those two reasons. It may feel comfortable to you, but it still stands that it is against God.

Sep 14, 2019
Well I happen to be writing a post on Robo OPs profile and I saw yours beneath. I hope I'm not being too nosy and I realize this may be uncomfortable to talk about...but take a look at Deuteronomy 22:5

"5) A woman shall not wear a man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God. NASB.

It's kind of there in black and white. There are quite a few things that I've been curious about at one point or another that aren't specifically mentioned in the new testament (NT) and are culturally encouraged as harmless (such as cross dressing) and yet this scripture is pretty clear. There are quite a few things that I have done that had just strange amount of energy almost like "something" REALLY wanted to take advantage of someone's lack of scriptural knowledge. Or at least that is what I've come to the understanding of at this point.

No I'm not in to law keeping by the letter, but it's pretty scary some of the things that someone can be tempted with and your average believer thinks that all things are permissible and doesn't think they are sins because they are in the Old testament (OT).

However, Jesus IS the word made flesh. He's not throwing out all the law and the prophets...merely fulfilling them. Any time you have a sexual question, you can just ask for a PM about a personal matter and mention me (ex: @Mii ) and it will notify me and I'll try and send you a PM.

If you are uncertain about the whole fulfilling the law thing, that's alright. I have been shocked at the things that I have been able to find in scripture when I couldn't really find help or wanted to be private about something. Thankfully the Lord meets me there anyway.

If you find yourself struggling with stuff like that, feel free to ask for help. Sometimes people feel shame, but reaching out with a question that takes courage to post is to be applauded not shamed or ashamed of.
Are you sinless you don't need His grace?

Sep 14, 2019
I have done that in the past (before I became Christian), it is written that cross dressing is sinful, but also, from my own experience, it is also uncomfortable. It just feels wrong. Not good. I wouldn't recommend doing it for those two reasons. It may feel comfortable to you, but it still stands that it is against God.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
You just posted the same message to two people. May I ask why? I did not claim such in my post and I am surprised you drew that.

I'll let the second poster speak for themselves but admission of sin doesn't exactly make sense that they are claiming to be sinless.

Unless of course you mean sins being forgiven? I totally am grateful for grace...wouldn't be very far without it (if anywhere).

Sep 14, 2019
You just posted the same message to two people. May I ask why? I did not claim such in my post and I am surprised you drew that.

I'll let the second poster speak for themselves but admission of sin doesn't exactly make sense that they are claiming to be sinless.

Unless of course you mean sins being forgiven? I totally am grateful for grace...wouldn't be very far without it (if anywhere).
Ephesians 2: 14: "For he is our peace, who made both one, and broke down the middle wall of partition,

2:15 having abolished in the flesh the hostility, the law of commandments contained in ordinances".

The law was not only fulfilled by Jesus but also abolished by His death.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
"“The woman shall not put on [the weapons/armour of a warrior], neither shall a [warrior] put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.” We have a contrast in this verse – not merely between the clothing of men and women – but between that which pertained to men of war (soldiers) and women. Adam Clarke’s Commentary on Deut. 22:5 states, “…keli geber, the instruments or arms of a man. As the word geber is here used, which properly signifies a strong man or man of war, it is very probably that armour is here intended; especially as we know that in the worship of Venus, to which that of ASTARTE or ASTAROTH among the CANAANITES bore a striking resemblance, the women were accustomed to appear in armour before her. It certainly cannot mean a simple change in dress, whereby the men might pass for women, and vice versa. This would have been impossible in those countries where the dress of the sexes had but little to distinguish it, and where every man wore a long beard.” Astarte is the Greek form of the name Ashtart, who, along with Asherah and Anath, was one of the 3 great goddesses of the Canaanite pantheon. Astarte had associations with war, shown in several Egyptian representations in which she carries weapons of war and in descriptions in both Egyptian and Ugaritic texts that characterize her as a warrior goddess. In 1 Sam. 31:10 the armor of the dead King Saul is taken by the Philistines to the temple of Astarte, and this may further indicate the goddess’s warrior characteristics. Phoenician sources also report Astarte’s identification with Venus.xv " http://studyholiness.com/doc/What_Deuteronomy_22_5_Really_Means.pdf

Sep 14, 2019
"“The woman shall not put on [the weapons/armour of a warrior], neither shall a [warrior] put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.” We have a contrast in this verse – not merely between the clothing of men and women – but between that which pertained to men of war (soldiers) and women. Adam Clarke’s Commentary on Deut. 22:5 states, “…keli geber, the instruments or arms of a man. As the word geber is here used, which properly signifies a strong man or man of war, it is very probably that armour is here intended; especially as we know that in the worship of Venus, to which that of ASTARTE or ASTAROTH among the CANAANITES bore a striking resemblance, the women were accustomed to appear in armour before her. It certainly cannot mean a simple change in dress, whereby the men might pass for women, and vice versa. This would have been impossible in those countries where the dress of the sexes had but little to distinguish it, and where every man wore a long beard.” Astarte is the Greek form of the name Ashtart, who, along with Asherah and Anath, was one of the 3 great goddesses of the Canaanite pantheon. Astarte had associations with war, shown in several Egyptian representations in which she carries weapons of war and in descriptions in both Egyptian and Ugaritic texts that characterize her as a warrior goddess. In 1 Sam. 31:10 the armor of the dead King Saul is taken by the Philistines to the temple of Astarte, and this may further indicate the goddess’s warrior characteristics. Phoenician sources also report Astarte’s identification with Venus.xv " http://studyholiness.com/doc/What_Deuteronomy_22_5_Really_Means.pdf
Are you saved by doing the works of the law?

Nov 29, 2020
I like to were more, seemingly, masculine clothing. I like wearing it to competitions because it feels and looks more professional. I wear boy shorts because girl shorts are WAY to short, and I wear bigger shirts because they're just more comfortable. I don't wear this clothing to look like a guy or to make myself look gay. I wear it because it better fits my personality and is more comfortable. I don't see it as a sin if I'm not trying to look like a guy or get a girls attention. I especially don't see the shorts thing wrong because it would be a sin to wear the short shorts. I would love input on this, though.

Jan 25, 2015
I like to were more, seemingly, masculine clothing. I like wearing it to competitions because it feels and looks more professional. I wear boy shorts because girl shorts are WAY to short, and I wear bigger shirts because they're just more comfortable. I don't wear this clothing to look like a guy or to make myself look gay. I wear it because it better fits my personality and is more comfortable. I don't see it as a sin if I'm not trying to look like a guy or get a girls attention. I especially don't see the shorts thing wrong because it would be a sin to wear the short shorts. I would love input on this, though.
We are living in an society where less is more (sadly even the time we spend with God).

I would respect any women that wants to dress appropriately, even if it means that she use men's clothing to cover up. In Biblical times men did not wear the clothes we are wearing today so it is very difficult to try and compare the two.

My opinion is you are doing the right thing :)