Is this arrogant?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

Everyone should be very careful when they attribute what they believe to the Holy Spirit leading them to that belief.
I have been in a group where several people said that the Holy Spirit revealed the answer to a question to them and each one gave a different answer on the same question.
All could not be right and all were probably wrong.
Best not to separate "divine revelation" from the words on the page and what they mean.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
I am new to this forum and to posting, so bear with me on this.
Hopefully this will not offend anyone.

I have been reading this site from time to time for a year or so and there is something that bothers me about some posters.

I have seen some say to those who disagree with them that to question their belief of what a verse says is to question the Bible and therefore question God.

I have also seen some say they should not be questioned because they have 15, 20, 30 years of studying a subject.

I have seen some say they should not be questioned because they have a degree in theology, and therefore greater understanding.

I have seen some give a link to a video, or a Bible teacher, or commentary as proof and that should not be questioned.

But the one that bothers me the most is the person that says the Holy Spirit revealed it to them as if the Hole Spirit selected them and not the rest of us.

Is this arrogance on their part?
People who do this very soon lose all creditability with me.
While I may agree with much of what they say, I have trouble getting by what I see as arrogance on their part.

O.K. I'm done complaining now.
I am on several 'Christian Forums'..
- Not much different.. issues you mentioned.
There are not many 'students' on Christian Forums'.
- Most of them consider themselves.. ' Experts / Teachers ' on topics ( Bible, Theology, etc.. ).
When someone questions their stance / position, it can get into a heated argument.
- Sometimes, 'hair-splitting..'
--
There was a fellow .. on another Christian Forum.
- He starts & goes into.. 'many different threads / topics' on discussion.
When someone points out, his errors / flaws in his argument..
- he keeps saying / repeats same thing.. again and again.
- Meaning.. he is right ! 100%.
---
Another member on that Forum / Site gave him a title.
'The Supreme Judge of This Forum'.
Lol.

R

Reformyourself

I am on several 'Christian Forums'..
- Not much different.. issues you mentioned.
There are not many 'students' on Christian Forums'.
- Most of them consider themselves.. ' Experts / Teachers ' on topics ( Bible, Theology, etc.. ).
When someone questions their stance / position, it can get into a heated argument.
- Sometimes, 'hair-splitting..'
--
There was a fellow .. on different Christian Forum.
- He starts & goes into.. 'many different threads / topics' on discussion.
When someone points out, his errors / flaws in his argument..
- he keeps saying / repeats same thing.. again and again.
- Meaning.. he is right ! 100%.
---
Another member on that Forum / Site gave him a title.
'The Supreme Judge of This Forum'.
Lol.
That’s religion for you...everybody’s an expert, no?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
haha patronising I-know-everything people.

Give them a wide berth. You dont know everything.
Only the Father knows everything and theres a heap of stuff Hes not going to tell us! Thats why we all need to ask Him to find out.

May 15, 2020
I am new to this forum and to posting, so bear with me on this.
Hopefully this will not offend anyone.

I have been reading this site from time to time for a year or so and there is something that bothers me about some posters.

I have seen some say to those who disagree with them that to question their belief of what a verse says is to question the Bible and therefore question God.

I have also seen some say they should not be questioned because they have 15, 20, 30 years of studying a subject.

I have seen some say they should not be questioned because they have a degree in theology, and therefore greater understanding.

I have seen some give a link to a video, or a Bible teacher, or commentary as proof and that should not be questioned.

But the one that bothers me the most is the person that says the Holy Spirit revealed it to them as if the Hole Spirit selected them and not the rest of us.

Is this arrogance on their part?
People who do this very soon lose all creditability with me.
While I may agree with much of what they say, I have trouble getting by what I see as arrogance on their part.

O.K. I'm done complaining now.

May 15, 2020
There's only one thing that I am 100% sure of: God is an infinite Being, and for any of us to think we have the "ultimate answer" is indeed quite arrogant. How can my finite befuddled little mind claim to actually "know" about our infinite God. Just saying.....