Is this the best passage teaching the Trinity?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AtonedFor

Let me help, Trinity is three beings or persons in One God. Just as we are many members in one body which is the body of Christ (bride/Church). Jesus, Father, and Holy Spirit are different but in one body which equals God Almighty. Did this help? It didn't make sense in tell God showed it to me...
Yup ... I see only 2 ways to "see" the reality of the Triune Godhead:
1) to be born into believing it ... via family, etc.
2) to be given a revelation from the Holy Spirit

A

AtonedFor

I believe in the Greek Majority Text. I don't believe it was added later. God bless.
My NKJV notes say that most of 1 John 5:7 is only present in 4 or 5 very late manuscripts.
Hey, what do I know? Was I there?

Jul 30, 2010
Yup ... I see only 2 ways to "see" the reality of the Triune Godhead:
[/QUOTE]Thank you kindly.
(1) I was born into a catholic family and I still didn't get it even way back then.

(2) Do you think that maybe God withheld his holy spirit from teaching me, but gave it to others who agree with your belief instead?

What do you make of this verse?
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Jesus was speaking here. He was with us when he spoke these words. He was flesh and blood (a man) and not yet resurrected into spirit, nor gone to heaven yet.

N

needmesomejesus

Well Genesis 1:26 is my favorite talking about the Trinity. I guess it doesn't teach it though. Then God said, “Let us make human beings[b] in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”- God in this passage is talking about The Father The Son and The HOly Spirit which is the Hebrew language is Elo Him which is the plural of El which means it refers to at least more than one God. Which is confusing because we serve one God. Basically the best example of the Holy Spirit is a man. A man can be a father, a husband and an employee, but he is still a man. The father does not have the same role as the husband the husband does not have the same role as the employee and the employee does not have the same role as the father, but they are all the man. In relation to the trinity, God is still God in three parts; The Father does not have the same role as the Son, the Son does not have the same role as the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit does not have the same role as the Father. I hope this made sense.:)

E

ezekialswheel

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Math. 28:19

E

ezekialswheel

The KJV does not have the same source of as modern versions. Also older manuscripts does not mean they are better.

Some of the manuscripts used are the same. The King James was put together with the manuscripts they had available at the time. Of course there are more manuscripts now, but that doesnt mean much in the hands of some of these so called scholars.

I like the fact that there are more versions available now, but some of them are pretty bad too. I spose its best to have several versions on hand. I think King James only people are maybe just old mostly. Thats what they grew up with so thats what they like. The language is more poetic sounding and thats nice in some books of the bible but in others its just confusing. A King James version of the bible isnt much good unless you have a Strongs concordance to go with it. Oh, and I can say this because Im 55 and I grew up with the old King myself.Lol.

But there are a few things in the King James that are almost bass ackwards if I may say. I like the fact that people are interested in the subject of bible translations though thats not what this thread is about. Maybe Somebody could start a thread about translations. Its a very interesting subject.

I think it may also be a subject that must needs be, if you follow my meaning.*.* ty

A

AtonedFor

[/QUOTE]Thank you kindly.
(1) I was born into a catholic family and I still didn't get it even way back then.

(2) Do you think that maybe God withheld his holy spirit from teaching me, but gave it to others who agree with your belief instead?

What do you make of this verse?
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Jesus was speaking here. He was with us when he spoke these words. He was flesh and blood (a man) and not yet resurrected into spirit, nor gone to heaven yet.
Sorry, I blew it (and it's not the first time) ... I meant to say:

I see only 2 ways to believe in (accept) the Triune Godhead:

Is it not true that nobody really gets it?
So, we're really just talking about "accepting" the truth (the reality) of it.

Re: your Matthew 23:9, perhaps Jesus is just really emphasizing the importance of knowing Father God.
Any "father" on earth is just a joke compared to your Father in Heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AtonedFor

The KJV does not have the same source of as modern versions. Also older manuscripts does not mean they are better.
May I say that years ago, the Lord told me to run away from the "Bible Versions Debate".
He said it was a waste of time.

They're all plenty good enough to get the job done.

Muslims are all hung up on our Bibles, with their religious spirits, dogmatism, etc.
I just tell them that it's obedience to what you have that counts.
We weren't there ... we're not responsible for which manuscripts are the best ones.
So what ... if your Bible is not 100% perfect from a 100% original, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zackabba

Let me help, Trinity is three beings or persons in One God. Just as we are many members in one body which is the body of Christ (bride/Church). Jesus, Father, and Holy Spirit are different but in one body which equals God Almighty. Did this help? It didn't make sense in tell God showed it to me...
Technically it's one being, three persons.

If you have three beings, you have three gods.

But we worship one being of theos, one being of deity, and three persons: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Keep on spreading the word.

Grace and Love

A

AtonedFor

This will clear up any confusion concerning the arrival of the Holy Spirit:

“But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive;
for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.” (John 7:39)

“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father,
the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.” (John 15:26).

“But now I go away to Him (Father God) who sent Me … It is to your advantage
that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you …“ (John 16:5-7).

“… when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth …” (John 16:13).

S

Scotth1960

“And I (Jesus) will pray (to) the Father, and He will give you another Helper,
that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth …
… you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
… If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We (all 3) will come to him and make Our home with him.
… But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”
(John 14:16-26).

The Greek word here for "another" is "allos" meaning "another of the same kind" (ref: Vine).
So, the Holy Spirit is another Person of the Trinity (like God the Son).
It says all 3 Persons of the Triune God will come to be with the faithful believer.
But only the Holy Spirit will remain in him/her forever.
And only the Holy Spirit will be the One doing the teaching.
Interesting, what?
Dear FRIENDS:
2 of The best verses on the Holy Trinity in the NT ;
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptism them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, ...." Matthew 28:19 RSV CE
"And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one." 1 John 5:7 RHEIMS NT (cf. Rheims NT; which has "Ghost").
God bless all of you in His Kingdom. Amen.
In Erie PA USA Scott R. Harrington

Feb 23, 2011
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Math. 28:19
Name is singular. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit aren't names. All six scriptural examples of baptism are done in some combination of Lord Jesus Christ, since God hath made Him both Lord and Christ.

Feb 23, 2011
Sorry, I blew it (and it's not the first time) ... I meant to say:

I see only 2 ways to believe in (accept) the Triune Godhead:

Is it not true that nobody really gets it?
So, we're really just talking about "accepting" the truth (the reality) of it.

Re: your Matthew 23:9, perhaps Jesus is just really emphasizing the importance of knowing Father God.
Any "father" on earth is just a joke compared to your Father in Heaven.
Yep. Inherited and unsubstantiated default indoctrination.