Isn't it about time for this? The Elect of God & Predestination What they are and are not according to the Bible, God's words

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
I had to read that 3 times to understand what you are saying so please ignore my other response which I was thankfully still able to delete :censored:
im sorry i write it unclear. its late night here i try to write better tomorrow

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
if you are going to mock people, make sure your own information is beyond reproof

the word or name 'Christ' is not an anointing, while it does mean Jesus is anointed

Christ means Messiah or the Anointed but it is not 'an anointing'

the word anointing is a verb while Christ is a noun

He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, 'We have found the Messiah ' (which translated means Christ)." John 1:41
In greek it is christos or oil.
Hebrew messiah root is salvation.
Have a good day, ps the bible is quite deadly without the HS to interpet

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Point.....if God wants all to come to him and they do not then your god is a weak ineffective god who is bound by by what men do. Our God saves all his chosen people regardless of there sins and is mighty just and true in all his ways. I thank God he has done it and men should praise him for his wonderful works and be thankfull he does have a people. Other wise all would be lost as God sits around hoping you will accept him but is not powerfull enough to Save you if you dont. OUR God is not bound by man and his will.
Praise God for his blessings wonderful works to the Children of men.
And if you’re not one of the elect will you still boast so proudly?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
enie meanie mynie mo selection process
It has been well over a decade since I have heard this. Thank you lol. When the lion lay down with the lamb I may try this out ;)

I do agree though. I've wrestled with this thought quite a bit. It's not quite so clear cut for me but I've been in some foul moods where I haven't been able to quite understand it (I'm not sure it can be fully) and been kind of "ragey" and let's just say after a few tantrums came to the conclusion that this is not at all accurate in deciding who is saved and who is not. Can't say why it was on my mind so strongly.

That is a hopeless way to live.

7seasrekeyed

Have a good day, ps the bible is quite deadly without the HS to interpet
another false teacher

Mar 28, 2016
God has not predestined or chosen an elect people to be saved and others to be lost. The Bible says, “He [the Father] predestined us [fallen human beings] to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will”; “He [God] is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance” (Ephesians 1:5, 2 Peter 3:9, insertions mine.)

Ephesians 1:5 says that God has predestined fallen man to be adopted as His elect through Jesus. In other words, God predestined the adoption process. It is called justification! “Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness” (Romans 4:4,5).
As many as the father has given to the Son .They alone can come. No man can come save the father draw from the foundation of the world..Their names will be found in the Lambs book of life. Those not under the work of Christ's faith will be blotted out from the other book of all that was created. The two books will match each other on the last day .

God has not predestined or chosen an elected people to be saved and others to be lost, as two choices . They who are born dead have no faith. They as a forward generation (no faith) remain lost not being chosen. They simply will not rise to new spirit life on the last day .
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.John 3:18

However, to the man who does not work but trusts God's labor of love as a three day work of His faith. That work of faith not of his own self justifies the wicked. His new born again faith that worked in him to both will and do the good pleasure of the father not seen is credited as "imputed righteousness”

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
And if you’re not one of the elect will you still boast so proudly?
1 Corinthians 1:31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

I had to use the NIV because the KJ uses glory instead of boast. But its the same meaning in my opinion.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I would suggest you are misreading the Greek when you think Christos translates as oil.
To anoint with oil would be correct. Very often this is the oil used in so called holy anointing oil; olive oil. However, Christos means anoint, which is the action of anointing, and does not necessarily pertain to an anointing with an oil. This is in evidence if we recall Jesus at His Baptism. He was anointed with the Holy Spirit that descended "like" a dove once Jesus arose from "death" in that baptism in the Jordan and stood then as a new creation, anointed with the Father's Holy Spirit. No oil, rather spirit anointing.

Strong's Greek

Strong's Greek: 5547. Χριστός (Christos) -- the Anointed ...
◄ 5547. Christos ►. Strong's Concordance. Christos: the Anointed
One, Messiah, Christ. Original Word: Χριστός, οῦ, ὁ ...
//biblehub.com/str/greek/5547.htm - 44k

Strong's Greek: 500. ἀντίχριστος (antichristos) ...
... NAS Exhaustive Concordance. Word Origin from anti and Christos Definition antichrist,
(one who opposes Christ) NASB Translation antichrist (4), antichrists (1). ...
//biblehub.com/str/greek/500.htm - 17k

Strong's Greek: 5580. ψευδόχριστος (pseudochristos) ...
... NAS Exhaustive Concordance. Word Origin from pseudés and Christos Definition
a false Christ or Messiah NASB Translation false Christs (2). ...
//biblehub.com/str/greek/5580.htm - 11k

Strong's Greek: 5546. Χριστιανός (Christianos) -- a ...
... Christian. NAS Exhaustive Concordance. Word Origin from Christos Definition
a Christian NASB Translation Christian (2), Christians (1). ...
//biblehub.com/str/greek/5546.htm - 12k

Have a good day, ps the bible is quite deadly without the HS to interpet[/QUOTE]

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I think that yes, many are called but few are chosen; however believers in the bible should pursue the straight and narrow everyday. It's good to be on the safe side and is commanded. Also "Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee." 1Timothy 4:16
I would suggest people believe in Jesus Christ. If a Christian doesn't own a Bible they will still have access to The Word of God in that sense.

Mar 28, 2016
"Did God predestine that only some would be saved? The Bible answers: NO. Paul writes that God “desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Timothy 2:4). If only some are predestined to be saved, then, why would Jesus offer His salvation to all? For He said, “Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely” (Revelation 22:17).
As in all things Christ must to the first work of His faith or labor of His love .Giving new creatures ears to hear His understanding..

God “desires all men to be saved in respect to "as many" as the father gave the son. They alone will come as he draws them them .Not one less or more.

The key is as many as. They alone are given the power to believe. We have that treasure as the power of God but it is not of us.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
As in all things Christ must to the first work of His faith or labor of His love .Giving new creatures ears to hear His understanding..

God “desires all men to be saved in respect to "as many" as the father gave the son. They alone will come as he draws them them .Not one less or more.

The key is as many as. They alone are given the power to believe. We have that treasure as the power of God but it is not of us.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
I don't think those who accept such a doctrine put a lot of thought into what it says about God.

God could have not planted that tree that would predestine Adam to bring sin to enter the world so that salvation from sin became necessary.
But what is salvation by definition then?
If it is of the same God that planted the tree that would lead to sin and damnation in the first place?
And what is one being saved from, when the same God that is said to have predestined all things created the angel that would fall, and opened a place called Hell wherein that fallen angel and then fallen humans would dwell, after they were let to be born by God's will but were not allowed to be saved by God's will.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Let's look at what the official "Canon of Dort" states about that which has become known as the five points of Calvinism, or TULIP, in the Reformed Doctrine.

First, out of order at the source linked, someone asked about the children of the elect and are they saved simply by being born to "elect" parents. Yes, according to the canon of Dort.
Article 17Since we are to judge of the will of God from His Word which testifies that the children of believers are holy, not by nature, but in virtue of the covenant of grace, in which they, together with the parents, are comprehended, godly parents have no reason to doubt of the election and salvation of their children whom it pleaseth God to call out of this life in their infancy.

FIRST HEAD OF DOCTRINEOf Divine Predestination
Article 7
Election is the unchangeable purpose of God, whereby, before the foundation of the world, He hath out of mere grace, according to the sovereign good pleasure of His own will, chosen, from the whole human race, which had fallen through their own fault from their primitive state of rectitude into sin and destruction, a certain number of persons to redemption in Christ, whom He from eternity appointed the Mediator and Head of the elect, and the foundation of salvation.This elect number, though by nature neither better nor more deserving than others, but with them involved in one common misery, God hath decreed to give to Christ, to be saved by Him, and effectually to call and draw them to His communion by His Word and Spirit, to bestow upon them true faith, justification and sanctification; and having powerfully preserved them in the fellowship of His Son, finally, to glorify them for the demonstration of His mercy and for the praise of His glorious grace, as it is written: “According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved” (Eph. 1:4–6). And elsewhere: “Whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified them He also glorified” (Rom. 8:30)

Article 12 The elect in due time, though in various degrees and in different measures, attain the assurance of this their eternal and unchangeable election, not by inquisitively prying into the secret and deep things of God, but by observing in themselves, with a spiritual joy and holy pleasure, the infallible fruits of election pointed out in the Word of God — such as a true faith in Christ, filial fear, a godly sorrow for sin, a hungering and thirsting after righteousness, etc.

Article 13The sense and certainty of this election afford to the children of God additional matter for daily humiliation before Him, for adoring the depth of His mercies, for cleansing themselves, and rendering grateful returns of ardent love to Him, who first manifested so great love towards them. The consideration of this doctrine of election is so far
from encouraging remissness in the observance of the divine commands or from sinking men in carnal security, that these, in the just judgment of God, are the usual effects of rash presumption or of idle and wanton trifling with thegrace of election in those who refuse to walk in the ways of the elect.

Mar 28, 2016
I don't think those who accept such a doctrine put a lot of thought into what it says about God.

God could have not planted that tree that would predestine Adam to bring sin to enter the world so that salvation from sin became necessary.

But what is salvation by definition then?

Salvation comes on those in whom God has mercy according to his work of faith or labor of love. Grace through mercy was given to Abel but not Cain.

Corruption had come it would seem day three. The tree as a image represented God not seen. The fruit represented the letter of the law .It kills. .

If it is of the same God that planted the tree that would lead to sin and damnation in the first place?
The tree did not lead them in to sinning. Breaking the commandment thou shalt not eat did. God did not desire they experience sin .
They gave over the faith of God not seen to that seen....

That came from the voice of one that used a created being to draw mankind from working with God not seen . His glory departed revealing their nakedness. They lost the glow.

And what is one being saved from, when the same God that is said to have predestined all things created the angel that would fall, and opened a place called Hell wherein that fallen angel and then fallen humans would dwell, after they were let to be born by God's will but were not allowed to be saved by God's will.
Hell as the wrath of God being revealed from heaven is a living tribulation. The dead know nothing. The earthen bodies of death return to the lifeless spiritless dust it was taken from and their temporal spirit if not born again return to the father who gave it temporally .they will not arise on the last day

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

We are saved by the lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world .The six days he did work . He predestined those he personally elected .Their name are written in the lambs book of life. When the books are compared those not found in the lambs book will be blotted out from the book of temporal corrupted life. In the end of the matter the book pertaining to the temporal will be blank.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Having foreknowledge of what choices people would make is far different from predetermining it. God does predestine each person that has ever been born, to go to Heaven. But, He also gives us the FREE WILL to choose to be saved or lost. God, being all-knowing, knows what we will choose. He does not get in the way of our decisions and predestines our lives.
Having foreknowledge is the same as predetermining BECAUSE of the fact that, BEFORE God created, He knew EXACTLY how things would pan out and STILL decided to create.

If God predestines everyone ever born to heaven, then everyone is going to heaven, God is not going to fail. My God would never fail like that. Judas didnt seem like he was predestined to glory, what about the man of sin? I see. What about Revelation 17:17? Uhh okay. I gotcha we cant deal with those verses, doesn't fit the regularly scheduled program! Them folks at the pews might be turned off by what God actually IS doing, lets just keep telling them God loves them and has a wonderful plan for their life ;)

He sure does give free will for everyone to choose to be saved or lost, problem is no one in the flesh wants to be saved, no one with a heart of stone wants to be saved or redeemed, only those with a heart of flesh, who have been touched by God and given a new heart even want to seek the Lord and come nigh unto the Most High.

As for not getting in the way of our decisions, thats just a mind-blowing statement and tells me that these folks who wrote up that little article there have NOT read their bibles much, if at all. Starting from Genesis we see God getting in the way of human decisions ALL DAY every day.

Psalm 33:10
The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Having foreknowledge is the same as predetermining BECAUSE of the fact that, BEFORE God created, He knew EXACTLY how things would pan out and STILL decided to create.

If God predestines everyone ever born to heaven, then everyone is going to heaven, God is not going to fail. My God would never fail like that. Judas didnt seem like he was predestined to glory, what about the man of sin? I see. What about Revelation 17:17? Uhh okay. I gotcha we cant deal with those verses, doesn't fit the regularly scheduled program! Them folks at the pews might be turned off by what God actually IS doing, lets just keep telling them God loves them and has a wonderful plan for their life ;)

He sure does give free will for everyone to choose to be saved or lost, problem is no one in the flesh wants to be saved, no one with a heart of stone wants to be saved or redeemed, only those with a heart of flesh, who have been touched by God and given a new heart even want to seek the Lord and come nigh unto the Most High.

As for not getting in the way of our decisions, thats just a mind-blowing statement and tells me that these folks who wrote up that little article there have NOT read their bibles much, if at all. Starting from Genesis we see God getting in the way of human decisions ALL DAY every day.

Psalm 33:10
The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
I was going to reply when I started reading your remarks. Then when I saw that you ask and answer your own questions , I realized it wasn't necessary.