Israel Declares War

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
You act as if israel just attacked Gaza with no provocation
Was it when I said "Hamas murdered innocent civilians at the music festival" that leads you to think that I act as if Israel attacked Gaza with no provocation?

What exactly makes you think that?

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
I didn't start with the red X. Not a real fan of them, but if others use them, I will respond in kind. Also, I edited my post after you responded which I didn't want that to happen. Please see my other comment about tactical nukes.
So the red X is a tit-for-tat rather than an actual disagreement? lol Sorry, I thought it meant you read what I said and disagree with it.

Will do but I am about to get off for the night and will try to find the spot tomorrow. God bless.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Was it when I said "Hamas murdered innocent civilians at the music festival" that leads you to think that I act as if Israel attacked Gaza with no provocation?

Because all you talk about is israel and its atrocities..

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
So the red X is a tit-for-tat rather than an actual disagreement? lol Sorry, I thought it meant you read what I said and disagree with it.

Will do but I am about to get off for the night and will try to find the spot tomorrow. God bless.
I personally think rated x’s are childish.. They do dnot add to the conversation

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Yes, there are tactical nuclear weapons that would be discriminate.

As much as I would also like to find common ground, unfortunately I don't see that happening here.
I couldn't help myself, sorry brother. :ROFL:

You are correct in that there are "tactical nuclear weapons". I still feel "especially" works as it wasn't a prerequisite to be considered indiscriminate.

As it pertains to the atomic bombs used on Japan, would you label them as "strategic", "tactical" and/or "discriminate"? My understanding of tactical nuclear weapons is that they don't have the radioactive fallout that the atomic bomb has. I'm not an expert and I may be wrong though.

Would you say also say the atomic bombs used were more "indiscriminate" in comparison to tactical nuclear bombs? (I don't even know if tactical bombs were around in 1945, but that isn't what I am suggesting they have used. I am saying they should have used more conventional bombs that they did have back then.)

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Could you send me a list of any you think Israel is guilty of? You can ask why I care what you think. I like to read your posts as I feel you have a lot of value to add to most topics. We may not agree on everything, but at the very least, you aren't my echo chamber. I'm comfortable with that though.
Geneva conventions of 1949, you can find them listed online.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
My optimism lies in my relationship with Christ...hope of earth and joy of heaven.
And you think the US will have two more elections because of your faith in the Lord? Weird, I think the US won't have two more elections because of my faith in the Lord.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
And you think the US will have two more elections because of your faith in the Lord? Weird, I think the US won't have two more elections because of my faith in the Lord.
I don't know if we'll have elections or not. That doesn't change my optimism. I do think we probably will.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA

Of course I disagreed, but prefer to just say so.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

And killed parents in front of their children, raped women and took hostages. Let's be clear. And I still haven't seen any disproof of the beheaded babies that I believe is reputable.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
And killed parents in front of their children, raped women and took hostages. Let's be clear. And I still haven't seen any disproof of the beheaded babies that I believe is reputable.
all kind of stories that " Israel cannot confirm story of beheaded babies" out there, even in american mainstream media.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I have never called Israel an enemy of God. My contention is that God is no longer dealing with Israel, or any other nation, as a singular entity. There is no old covenant any longer. If the old has passed, and God cannot lie, it necessarily follows that what was promised has been fulfilled.
The prevailing teaching over the last 150 to 200 years has been contrary to this. And when people are taught certain understandings by a trusted source, whether it be religious or otherwise, it is difficult to wrestle the understandings loose, even with truth.
I rarely speak to eschatological issues on this site, for the reason given. But ask yourself this: given the incredibly vast difference between the two covenants, why would anyone desire the old?
There are a number of covenants. Some are eternal and some are conditional. God made a covenant with Noah, a promise not to flood the earth again. The Mosaic covenant was the covenant of Laws, "do this and you shall live". The New Covenant is the covenant of grace.

God's covenant regarding Israel refers to the nation as well as the people. This covenant was made with Abraham. A study of God's word should convince you that literal Israel was to be scattered all over the world and then brought back. Israel was reconstituted in one day, exactly as prophesied. (Isaiah 66:8).

You don't have to like Jews (some are just obnoxious) or believe that all Jews are saved (they are not). However, Israel is God's visible evidence that He can keep His word in spite of every possible obstacle. I rarely speak of last days things either. One thing is for sure, the prophecies of the last days could only be fulfilled if there is a nation of Israel.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
This is true, but some still despise Christians, and show this contempt by spitting at them.

Yeah, but not murdering, beheading, enslaving ("dhimmitude in Islam), raping and imprisoning as is normal in Muslim countries. There is a difference between individual hostility and persecution written into a country's laws. Many Jews welcome Christians because many of us support Israel. Israel needs all the friends she can get.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
It could be that western leaders who would be Christians think that they can play a hand in bringing about the return of Jesus by fulfilling what the seem to believe is a promise made by God.

Maybe we dont support anyone who hates Jesus.
As long as you focus on individuals and not indulge in wholesale condemnation, I agree. Hatred is in the very fabric of Islam. Many Jews are grateful for the support of Christians. Israel is visible evidence of God's ability to keep His promises. Israel is the lightning rod for the forces of Antichrist. God haters will invade Israel, and God will save the nation and destroy His enemies. It's in the Book.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
There are a number of covenants. Some are eternal and some are conditional. God made a covenant with Noah, a promise not to flood the earth again. The Mosaic covenant was the covenant of Laws, "do this and you shall live". The New Covenant is the covenant of grace.

God's covenant regarding Israel refers to the nation as well as the people. This covenant was made with Abraham. A study of God's word should convince you that literal Israel was to be scattered all over the world and then brought back. Israel was reconstituted in one day, exactly as prophesied. (Isaiah 66:8).

You don't have to like Jews (some are just obnoxious) or believe that all Jews are saved (they are not). However, Israel is God's visible evidence that He can keep His word in spite of every possible obstacle. I rarely speak of last days things either. One thing is for sure, the prophecies of the last days could only be fulfilled if there is a nation of Israel.
We certainly see things a little differently because I believe there was a nation of Israel during the last days. And I suspect verses would be interpreted differently concerning their timing if one understands the last days differently. But I enjoyed reading what you have shared.