Israel Declares War

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
The LORD will bring a nation from afar, from the ends of the earth, to swoop down upon you like an eagle—a nation whose language you will not understand, a ruthless nation with no respect for the old and no pity for the young. They will eat the offspring of your livestock and the produce of your land until you are destroyed. They will leave you no grain or new wine or oil, no calves of your herds or lambs of your flocks, until they have caused you to perish. They will besiege all the cities throughout your land, until the high and fortified walls in which you trust have fallen. They will besiege all your cities throughout the land that the LORD your God has given you.

Then you will eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters whom the LORD your God has given you, in the siege and distress that your enemy will inflict on you.

The most gentle and refined man among you will begrudge his brother, the wife he embraces, and the rest of his children who have survived, refusing to share with any of them the flesh of his children he will eat because he has nothing left in the siege and distress that your enemy will inflict on you within all your gates.

The most gentle and refined woman among you, so gentle and refined she would not venture to set the sole of her foot on the ground, will begrudge the husband she embraces, and her son and daughter the afterbirth that comes from between her legs and the children she bears, because she will secretly eat them for lack of anything else in the siege and distress that your enemy will inflict on you within your gates.
(Deut. 28:49-57)

those are part of the covenant curses for the disobedience of the children of Israel.

The LORD will also bring upon you every sickness and plague not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed. You who were as numerous as the stars in the sky will be left few in number, because you would not obey the voice of the LORD your God.
Just as it pleased the LORD to make you prosper and multiply, so also it will please Him to annihilate you and destroy you. And you will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.
Then the LORD will scatter you among all the nations, from one end of the earth to the other, and there you will worship other gods, gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known. Among those nations you will find no repose, not even a resting place for the sole of your foot. There the LORD will give you a trembling heart, failing eyes, and a despairing soul.
(Deut 28:61-65)

the ultimate curse of the covenant: banishment from the land, out of the presence of God.

read the Jewish historian Josephus' The Jewish Wars.
he was an eyewitness to the siege of Jerusalem in AD 70, and he certainly thought no worse calamity had ever befallen the nation of people to whom Christ was speaking. it was the end of the nation, and the official end of Judaism, which, of course, was finished when the once for all time sacrifice for sin was made by the Lord Jesus.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Walid Shoebat - Mark Of The Beast In The Name Of Allah Rapture Soon

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
You're telling us that the events that happened in 70 AD, were the WORST tribulation in ALL history!!?
And the worst there EVER will be?
Hmm... Just in the last 80 years I'm thinking the 80 million plus human beings killed in WWII would make your assertion seem absurd to say the least.
Just to name ONE more, how about the 100,000,000 to 200,000,000 killed by the Black Plague?

Cmon guy!
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
See post :p:D

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
read the Jewish historian Josephus' The Jewish Wars.
he was an eyewitness to the siege of Jerusalem in AD 70, and he certainly thought no worse calamity had ever befallen the nation of people to whom Christ was speaking.
I'm not sure why it matters what Josephus thought.
I'm certain the Jews thought the same thing after Babylon destroyed them, and scattered them too.

Jesus makes it very clear He is speaking on a much wider issue than just the Jews being murdered and losing Israel in 70 AD.

He says since the BEGINNING of Creation. There weren't even any Jewish designation until Abraham.
"such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."

Need we bring up the 6 million murdered, more than 6 times the number of 70 AD, in the Holocaust?

And look what is supposed to happen IMMEDIATELY after the Tribulation of those days:

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

None of that has happened.
Because the world hasn't experienced the worst Tribulation that has ever happened yet, or will ever happen again.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I'm not sure why it matters what Josephus thought.
I'm certain the Jews thought the same thing after Babylon destroyed them, and scattered them too.

Jesus makes it very clear He is speaking on a much wider issue than just the Jews being murdered and losing Israel in 70 AD.

He says since the BEGINNING of Creation. There weren't even any Jewish designation until Abraham.
"such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."

Need we bring up the 6 million murdered, more than 6 times the number of 70 AD, in the Holocaust?

And look what is supposed to happen IMMEDIATELY after the Tribulation of those days:

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

None of that has happened.
Because the world hasn't experienced the worst Tribulation that has ever happened yet, or will ever happen again.
We are not required to convince anyone. Speak the truth, what they do with it is up to them. Too much wasted effort on so few people.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I've posted this before, but it's worth doing again. I KNOW the Amils are gonna love this!

Hosea 6:1-2 NKJV Come, and let us return to the LORD; For He has torn, (70 AD) but He will heal us;(1948) He has stricken,(70 AD) but He will bind us up.(1948) After two days(2000 yrs) He will revive us;(1948) On the third day(1000 yrs) He will raise us up, That we may live in His sight. (1000 yr Millennial Reign of Christ on Earth)

Woo Hoo! Let the rending of garments begin!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
We are not required to convince anyone. Speak the truth, what they do with it is up to them. Too much wasted effort on so few people.
Well, to be fair, they are our brothers and sisters in Christ. And we are to love them.

Even though they be wrong on Amil.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I've posted this before, but it's worth doing again. I KNOW the Amils are gonna love this!

Hosea 6:1-2 NKJV Come, and let us return to the LORD; For He has torn, (70 AD) but He will heal us;(1948) He has stricken,(70 AD) but He will bind us up.(1948) After two days(2000 yrs) He will revive us;(1948) On the third day(1000 yrs) He will raise us up, That we may live in His sight. (1000 yr Millennial Reign of Christ on Earth)

BTW, Since I'm in a poke the bear mood, 20 - 25 yrs ago, I calculated the "third day" as falling between 2030 - 2035.

Yes! I'm a date setting heretic! LOL

No. Jesus said no one knows the day or hour, but since He gave us definitive clues, instead of just saying to the disciples " You don't need to know anything about that!", estimating the general timeframe shouldn't be verboten.

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
If you are not interested in historical information that enlightens why the people of the day did and said what they did as well as many references Jesus Himself used then don't read Josephus or anything else but I do not get the need to insult anyone who studies to show themselves approved. Nor do I understand limiting the Holy Spirit in providing wisdom to anyone who is; through whatever means is in front of someone

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
We may not be required to convince someone but there is plenty of scripture on how what we say and do is important because people are watching and may be saved

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Can you post this on my blog about the rapture?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Well, to be fair, they are our brothers and sisters in Christ. And we are to love them.

Even though they be wrong on Amil.
I got caught up in this kind of wrangling on Facebook a few years back, waste of time. I was suspended and so deleted my account and focused on my blog. 250,000+ people have read that. Spending a lot of time with two or three when there are tens of thousands out there who are open to the word of God, they also are our brothers and sisters.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
If you are not interested in historical information that enlightens why the people of the day did and said what they did as well as many references Jesus Himself used then don't read Josephus or anything else but I do not get the need to insult anyone who studies to show themselves approved. Nor do I understand limiting the Holy Spirit in providing wisdom to anyone who is; through whatever means is in front of someone
There was no insult. He has provided everything you need to know to understand his perspective on the word. If you are truly studying to show yourself approved then study.

My point is I do not allow any person to limit the Lord speaking through me. I am required to share the Lord's word, witness concerning the Lord, and warn others. I am not responsible for what you do with it, I am not responsible to convince you. That is between you and the Lord.

BTW I have read Josephus, I also see much of the Olivet discourse referring directly to 70AD, but if you go through it carefully you can see, as PennEd has pointed out, that 70AD is simply a preview of the end of the age.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
What shall be the sign of the end of the world

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

This word for "end" is used six times in the Bible, 5 times in Matthew, and 4 times in Matthew 24.

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

This is a different word for end, it means the ultimate prophetic purpose. This is a sign, but "the prophecy is not complete yet". How exactly do we hear? Does someone ride into our town and tell us what is happening around the world? is it from reading a newspaper? No doubt the printing press was a major sign of the age maturing. Or was Radio a major sign that we were seeing the fulfillment of this sign? But rumours of war have really taken off with the internet and social media. Radio and TV were major signs, but to say that this sign was fulfilled would only be partially right. It was the internet and Facebook and Youtube and Rumble and Parlor and all these other platforms that have truly fulfilled this prophecy.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

This is not the same word, it means to the uttermost, it would be like saying "he that gives 100%".

τέλος télos, tel'-os; from a primary τέλλω téllō (to set out for a definite point or goal); properly, the point aimed at as a limit, i.e. (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state (termination (literally, figuratively or indefinitely), result (immediate, ultimate or prophetic), purpose); specially, an impost or levy (as paid):—+ continual, custom, end(-ing), finally, uttermost. Compare G5411.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This word is the same as the word in verse 6 and 13. It indicates there is a prophetic purpose to preaching the gospel. Yes, the gospel of salvation is spoken so that all will be saved, however, even if people reject it the word is still effective because they will be condemned based on rejecting that word.

This word is very interesting when compared with Luke and Mark.

Mark 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Mark doesn't say preached, it says published. Also it doesn't say "the end" but talks about the "first". Right now the gospel is not published among all nations. We do smuggle Bibles into some nations where the penalty if you are caught can be very strict. So this suggests something happens where all of a sudden every nation wants to know what happened and so they do publish the gospel. They may not publish full Bibles, but the gospel which includes the rapture. Imagine if your children were taken? Imagine if people came out of the graves? Everyone in the world will see this, everyone will be impacted and they will want to know what happened.

In Luke this verse isn't anywhere to be found, instead we have this:

Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

We are told that we should be preaching repentance and remission of sins in Jesus name among all nations. That is what is happening now. People with internet can get this all over the world. We have sent missionaries among all the nations.

So we see a progression, in Luke we are charged to do this, in Mark the gospel is published everywhere and in Matthew it is preached everywhere. That word "every nation" really indicates that nations where today you cannot publish or preach the gospel will have it. This means that prior to the rapture some obey this word from the Lord and some don't. After the rapture those left behind repent and show much more obedience to this word. After they are taken away those who are still here become even more bold to speak it out, probably because by this time you can no longer publish.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is the last use of this word for end in Matthew

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

The question is about the sign of the Lord's coming and specifically "when" and also the "end of the age".

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

The first warning is about deception. Satan is the father of lies, he is very deceitful, and what we have seen this age is about a master class in deceit. The printing press released the Bible, it also released propaganda. Same thing with the radio, TV and internet. The CIA and many other intelligence agencies exploded onto the scene after WWII. But even more than that the Lord points to a very specific form of deceit "many will come in My name". Can you imagine, he has around 100-500 disciples around this time in a small country. That is an incredible prophecy to say that at the end of the age you will see all kinds of false prophets coming in the name of Jesus, claiming to be men of God but deceiving and defrauding many. It has been relatively recently that we have been besieged by so many false prophets preaching the prosperity gospel, using TV and the internet to spread their word and deceive many. No doubt it happened in the past but nothing on this scale. This verse mirrors the first seal that is opened in Revelation concerning Jesus Christ being the conquering king and the spirit of antichrist with all the counterfeits.

6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars.

This is another incredible prophesy. At the time of Jesus there were no newspapers, no radio, no TV, and so you could have a war going on in Britain and the people of Israel wouldn't know anything about it. Radio didn't become common until after WWI, TV after WWII and satellite TV after the first Gulf War. Only now can we watch in real time things that are happening around the globe. In the 1800s no one in the US felt threatened by a war in Russia or Indonesia or the Middle East or Africa. It wasn't until WWI that we actually felt world events might affect us. But it wasn't until after WWII and the nuclear bombs that we felt threatened. This is the second seal in Revelation, the Red horse.

See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

This is the third and fourth horses of the apocalypse (famine and pestilence). The white horse is a deceitful counterfeit Christ, the red horse is war, the black horse is famine and the pale green horse is pestilence. So although we have seen these four horses for the entire church age, the Covid19 pandemic is the first time we had a worldwide shutdown and worldwide response to a pandemic. Yes we have had wars for 2,000 years but it wasn't until WWII that the entire world felt threatened by a potential nuclear holocaust. Likewise with famines. There have been quite a few regional famines over the last 2,000 years but what we are about to witness is the first ever global famine. Also, consider this point about earthquakes in various places. Prior to the 20th century you really had no idea about earthquakes in various places. After WWII we had seismographs in most countries around the world. If an earthquake took place anywhere we could figure out where and how big it is relatively quickly. So that one prophecy indicates modern technology and a worldwide communication network with telephones and telegraphs and radio, TV, etc. My point is that although you could see a glimmer of these horses during the last two thousand years, it is only now, since 2020 that we see them in full being opened.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.

This is the fifth seal. True they killed Christians at the beginning of the church age, but the scale and frequency is far greater now than it has ever been in history and we are on the cusp of Christians becoming scapegoats and killed on a scale never before seen. What most eschatologists don't understand is that the seals were opened right after Jesus resurrection, that is clearly stated in Revelation. However, each of these seals gets bigger and bigger and bigger the closer we get to the day of the Lord.

10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

This is a new level of deceit, coming in the name of Jesus was one level, this is turbocharged. This is what we have seen take place with social media. The number of false prophets have increased exponentially. Think of all the bots on Twitter. These intelligence agencies like CIA and CCP are using platforms like Twitter and Tik Tok to manipulate people with fake news. Twitter owner, Elon Musk said there were thousands of bots being used to manipulate, demonetize, and otherwise act as false prophets.

12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Lawlessness does not abound in a tyrannical regime. China and Russia do not have a drug problem, they do not have a problem of gangs on the streets. There has always been crime and criminals, but "abounding"? We have discovered that the CIA makes money off of crime. They can easily bring in drugs, they can easily make "kings" of different criminal bosses. They use crime around the world. Importing drugs from Afghanistan to the US requires a sophisticated network that most high school dropout thugs could never put together. Lawlessness abounds in a Democracy where they use agencies like the CIA to manipulate the masses.

13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Only recently with cell phones, internet, and Youtube can you say that the gospel is truly being preached in all the world. When a Youtube video is posted preaching the gospel you can say that it is "preached in all the world". My blog can be cut and pasted to google translate so that people can see the word in any of 133 languages. I suppose it is possible that there is someone, somewhere that does not speak any of those 133 languages, however, they probably have a translator in their village that does.

So yes, on one hand we have had all of these things take place during the church age, but never in history have all these things taken place on this scale and with this frequency like they are taking place today. You could argue that you saw these seals being opened in 70AD but they have only been stretched out fully since 2020

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Psalm 83:17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:

This war in Psalm 83 could not have been fulfilled prior to this because it says "let them be confounded and troubled for ever" and yet here they are fighting a war against Israel today. Not only so but Israel has made it clear they plan to have them confounded and troubled for ever, they will be put to shame and perish never to return.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

100% true and accurate!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
it was the end of the nation
Do you understand the OT "type" of the kinsman redeemer?

IF you did (in all of its richness and gravitas), THEN you would know for certain that God loves Israel and He will inevitably redeem the LAND for them to posess.....FOREVER.

Which will of course fully and finally fulfill the ETERNAL UNILATERAL Abrahamic covenant.

FYI.....the 70th week tribulation shall occur PRIMARILY to accomplish exactly that. To bring the JEWS to repentance THRU great tribulation to the effect that they FINALLY recognize and acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah......and ONCE AGAIN and once and for all become FIT FOR PREISTLY SERVICE during the millenium.

Which is why Ezek 37 is happening RIGHT NOW in real time. To eventually accomplish this very thing......RENEWED FELLOWSHIP AND SERVICE to YHVH.

God LOVES the Jews. So does Paul. So should you.....rather than despising and CONDEMNING them as is your habit.