Issue #1: ANGER

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Danacovert82

Banned
May 18, 2015
237
2
0
44
I'm gonna talk about the 3 main issues I have. I'll start with anger. I'll tell you why I've been angry BUT also how I've been getting into "good boy" mode.

I've been living in a family that has MOST of the people are angry. Why? Because ​I thought it was my parents taught us how to be angry. But, guess what? It's not. It's from our very own emotions telling us to either be angry or not. I moved back with my mom in 05, and I started in a few years ago being mean and starting fights with mom. Why? Because I didn't like her talking to me. She kept telling me to do things I already knew how to do. How did I get past this this year?

I basically got on another forum that I'm no longer part of and asked about my anger issues and how to deal with it. They gave me some good tips as to how to get past it. I'm getting past it for the most part. Mom and I have tiffs once in a great while, and that's it. I realize that she's not going to be around forever. So, I've got to keep my anger to myself. Do I get angry at other things? You bet I do. Do I need to? Nope. So, I'm working on not getting angry at life things.

Thats ts my issue #1 post. Hope you learned something about me. Tomorrow will be issue #2 ex friendship. Have a great day.
 
Anger is not pleasant for the person it's directed at. My brother has this issue - he isn't violent but does have a nasty temper and often takes things the way they aren't meant before flying into a rage. He has lost many a friendship/relationship because of his anger issues. Don't get me wrong it isn't physical - just vocal but it drives family away as well as friends.
Ask yourself why you get angry? What triggers it and if it ever has positive results? How does it make you look to those on the receiving end? do you come out of it in a good light?
When you work out how your anger is triggered take avoiding tactics. Try counting to 10 - slowly, by the time you reach 10 hopefully you will have calmed down a little. Silently pray asking God to help you control yourself and finally learn the art of thinking before you speak - that should come easily to you as a Christian.
God bless you brother. :)
 
Basically EVERYTHING in life triggers my anger. I hate when the phone rings. I obviously don't like when people call. Especially telemarketers. They call ALL THE TIME!!! So, I'm just realizing that the phone rings, and people are calling.
 
That's right. I shouldn't get angry when the phone rings. It's there for people to call. Simple as that.
 
Danacovert82, is it ok if I ask how your relationship is with God? The reason I ask, is because for several years I have been living out side of Gods will and during those years, they were my most miserable moments. I was feeling so much anger inside, but I never expressed it outwardly for the most part. Everything was awful! Like you said, when the phone rang (if I was busy), or if there was a knock on the door, or I dropped something on the floor...such tiny things. Since then, I have returned to the Lord and He has shown me so much mercy. I no longer feel so angry inside, its all gone. I believe it was His hand of discipline on me and I praise God for that. Could this be what is going on with you? Either way, I would suggest taking it to the Lord and asking Him to remove that from you and fill you with His love instead. He is a merciful God that loves you. Ill be praying for you as well. God bless you.