It is believed that there are more slaves now than ever

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Abolition International <------------------------please check it out

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here. This is stuff christians need to know about, pray about and stand against.

With much love in Christ, D.

S

shekaniah

This is always in my prayers...
We had a guest speaker at my Church a few weeks ago.
She has a safe house for young women in Mexico.
Called: New Beginnings Women's Association
WWW.newbeginningsbaja.org

J

Jullianna

God bless her. People don't realize how HUGE this issue is, even here in the USA. :(

Jul 25, 2005
This wouldn't surprise me. As a world tends toward disorder, the number of slaves tends to increase. At least that is the general historical trend I've noticed.

Very sad, but somebody has to stand up to it. I'm glad to see people are taking notice.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Slavery is a big issue, and many people under same lives in a poor state. However, the NT does not even once speak out against the slave code of the Torah. Among the early christians there were both those that owned slaves and were slaves themselves (see for example Eph.6:5-9, Col.4:1, 1Tim.6:1-3). Much is said about freedom from another type of slavery however, that of sin. And from that slavery all christians are free.

J

Jullianna

The scriptures speak against the sexual abuse of children (AND adults for that matter), which is what the majority of these slaves are used for.

J

jimmydiggs

The scriptures speak against the sexual abuse of children (AND adults for that matter), which is what the majority of these slaves are used for.
I don't think he's disputing that.

J

Jullianna

It seemed worth pointing out :) I'm not here to debate slavery, merely to let others know about what's going on. If others are in favor of slavery, they'll need to take it up with Jesus, not me. This is a news forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

I don't mean for that to sound rude or to be difficult about it, it's just that I'm not open to debating it. I feel far too strongly about it to do that calmly. I've been losing sleep at night about these kids. This is why I didn't post it in the Bible Discussion section. Thanks for respecting this. :)

J

jimmydiggs

I don't mean for that to sound rude or to be difficult about it, it's just that I'm not open to debating it. I feel far too strongly about it to do that calmly. I've been losing sleep at night about these kids. This is why I didn't post it in the Bible Discussion section. Thanks for respecting this. :)
Where's the ministry reaching out to the men and women using and abusing these kids? Are they not, just as lost?

J

Jullianna

Are you involved in such a ministry? If not, go for it! :) It's a great idea!

I can't speak for that particular agency, but I do know of christian counselors who do deal with abusers and when I was a cop, I most def shared Jesus with people who were abusers as well as the abused. I'm sure you know people who have been saved who were former abusers, though they may not publicize this.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Where's the ministry reaching out to the men and women using and abusing these kids? Are they not, just as lost?
Welcome to Prison Fellowship Prison Fellowship Ministries has been reaching out to the incarcerated, regardless of the type of crimes committed for decades. Although it was founded here in the States, they have many branches internationally. Since the perpetrators of the sex slave trade are remanded into correctional facilities after prosecution, they fall into the field that Prison Fellowship works.

Likewise Jullianna, I know a tremendous man of God here that dedicated his career to working with offenders in the system, he viewed it as his God ordained ministry.

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

God bless her. People don't realize how HUGE this issue is, even here in the USA. :(
yes it just awful. we should pray about it and ask God what we can do.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Some slaves have better living conditions than others............

Y

Yahoo4Yahweh

Money is the head of all slavery. And prices just keep soaring, wherever u are in the world. We are definately in the last days .

J

Jullianna

In this case, lust is leaping ahead of money