It is in our weaknesses that God's power is made perfect, glorified!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2009
14,479
182
63
This scripture has brought me great comfort lately.:)
For it speaks to so much, it humbles us, comforts us, encourages us, and always glorifies God!
It has comforted me alot lately as due to some medical stuff with my hands Ive been unable to post here for some time and limited much in my every day life.
Finding myself so weakened and dependant upon others has never been easy for me.
Yet this scripture helped me to be reminded again, how we do nothing with out God.
And that on our own we do nothing.

John wrote that,
in Him, (Jesus) everthing that was made, was made.
And everything that was not, was not made.

That everything we are, live and do is made, not of our own, but by God's power!
for it is in this weakened state, that even though I was made low and crippled, it was only in flesh, and that in Jesus...
that we recieve our streangth, and can soar on the wings of eagles.
For it is in these weak times where flesh has no streangth, that in Jesus, we are made to see that true life is made in His Spirit, and it is in His Spirit we are called to live.

For it is in our weaknesses, that God's power is made perfect, glorified!

Paul said if I boast, I will boast of my weaknesses.
For this is to glorifiy God!
For when all flesh is set aside, when we are our weakest, it is there that we are made strong!
Not by our own power, but by God's!

Please share scripture or your own weaknesses, that have glorified God!!!
That we may all praise and glorify God!

God bless
pickles
 
:)

I think you would love a study on John 1:1-5 On the word LOGOS... That is such an amazing study... It really puts in to perspective what Christ is, in that one word...

:)

Thanks for sharing...
 
Hi Pickles, what a wonderful testimony. Yes it is true when we are at our lowest and feel there is nothing we can do, is when we can see so clearly where our strength is. The LORD is our strength, He is our Salvation! Sometimes we try to do what only God can do and then we fail in strength or joy, and that is when He is closest. He flies to the brokenhearted and whispers His strength is made perfect in us when we are weak.

One of the times I was low, when my son was called to duty in a perilous situation and I felt that I could not bear it, I ask God to take this burden I can no longer carry, and He showed me right away some things right here at home, His protection, and I knew if He could be bothered to do such things for me in such a mighty way, how much more would He watch over my boy so far away, and He did. My trust is in Him, and no matter what life brings us I know He is faithful and will carry us home when that time comes.

What a blessing your post is! Thank you so much, and may God bless and keep you safe in His arms!
 
I had a time when my husband and I were going through a divorce, our children were very young and he had a lawyer and I could not afford one. He was trying to get custody and fear had me gripped. I had all this paperwork for court stuff and different things I needed to win the case and different hearings etc. Well, I stood in my kitchen gripped with fear and confused and struggling what to do and the Lord just said throw all of that in the trash. I took everything I had and just threw it in the trash. He reminded me if the children lived with my husband it would be because of the Lord and if they lived with me it would because of the Lord. I would have to live with the Lord's decision because he orders my steps each day and I was to LET GOD BE GOD.

The children were given to me and we worked our marriage out. I have 2 in college now. That was a long time ago, but I can still remember the relief when I let that huge problem go and gave it to the Lord.
Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
 
It's the difference between a theology of glory (ex. easy believeism) and a theology of the cross (ex. Paul's)
 
Thankyou all for your wonderful responces. :)
It is trully in our weaknesses, that we learn what it is to die to flesh in Jesus.
Then realise what being born in His Spirit is, and the wonder of His gift of life is realised.
For all is trully His glory!

In Jesus, God bless :)
pickles
 
Glorifying God is living sinlessly by his power.
It is in our weakness, when we don't sin anymore, that obvious glory is given to divine power living within us.
When we are born again, then God is glorified as we follow his law without breaking any commanmdments any more.
Because we love him.
 
The weaker we are the more glorified God is when we do not sin.
 
For the world. the cross is seen as detestably weak and a pitiful sight for any hope to be saved.
''Imagine, some god hanging helplessly is supposed to save us?''

But for the believer that same weakness is seen in a truer light, namely...

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(1Co 1:18)
For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
(2Co 13:4)