It is well with my soul

  • Thread starter Thread starter woka
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

woka

Guest
I read the story the other day of the man who wrote this song, he faced the most tragic of all circumstances, and then lost all of his worldly possessions. As he was sailing in a ship over the area where his four daughter's drowned in a shipwreck, the words of this song came to him.


How well is it with our soul's? I am so ashamed of myself at times when I think of how gracious the Lord is with me, how he forgives over and over again, how he continually picks me up when I always end up face down. How he comforts me and cherishes me as his daughter.

Then I look at my reaction to my own children, and think is this my attitude towards them, when I do discipline is it with the Father's love, or my own selfish reason? I am reminded that it is well with my soul when Jesus is in control, when I search for His will, the hardest thing to do is let go and let Him lead. Then it is well with my soul.

Just a few thoughts!
 
Oratio Spafford, Great and powerful confession of faith. How sad to loose a wife and all of his daughters. But, God is so Good ! I shared his story at my Grandmother's funeral. My mother died 30 days later earlier. My niece was then diagnosed with a childhood cancer. It is well with my soul ! God is still good, in the midst of trials. Romans 8:28 is a special verse to me. I lost my sister to MS. The Lord used it to bring me to Himself. It is well with my soul !
 
Thank you for sharing. I did not know that was the story behind the song. Beautiful!