IT'S 1948! IT'S A MIRACLE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Jesus made the promises and His blood is on many Jewish hands ..
Jesus is a Jew. Bojack, He is returning as the Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah.
It is not helpful to say that about Jews. God cares for them and loves them, He says so in His Word. He promised the land of Israel to them and gave it in 1948 back to them, this is prophesy fulfilled. He has a plan for them. God allowed Jesus to die for us all, and He hardened the Jews so that we who were Gentile would have a chance of salvation; the Bible says this, and it is very humbling because it also says we should be mindful of this and not be proud.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
See again this:

Dr Paul Martin Henebury (approx 17-min vid), especially about "Spiritualization" (tell me where he is wrong, besides your few, 2-3, verses typically wrenched from their contexts ;) )-

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I first thought I was supposed to dislike the Jews and Israel .. When I found out Jesus was willing to forgive the Jews and even instructed Simon bar Jonah to feed His sheep ..
ye are not of my sheep....My sheep....follow me. Jn.10:26-27

I developed a supernatural love for Israel and those Christ murdering Jews .. Simon Peter was sent to the circumcision .. We are the other sheep .. They have until their last breath to find Jesus like anyone else .. Who ever blesses Israel will be blessed and who ever curses Israel will be cursed .. Most Jews hate Jesus and born again Christians too, their problem, not mine .. I love them and I can't help it .. I love muslims and all others but I'd volunteer to defend/fight for Israel and all I could do is let them set me up with a weapon ..
People who teach the truth about Jesus are fighting for all mankind against spiritual forces of wickedness.

Jan 17, 2020
Disagree.

And you are the one suggesting that Jesus told the Pharisees that "the kingdom of God IS WITHIN YOU". Hello. :rolleyes:

Luke 17 -

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. [or, 'For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”c']

22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

["For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." Romans 14:17 ;) ]

See again, this article:

https://sharperiron.org/article/forty-reasons-for-not-reinterpreting-ot-nt-last-twenty

"32. In addition, it makes the Creator of language the greatest rambler in all literature. Why did God not just tell the prophet, “When the Messiah comes He will be the Temple and all those in Him will be called the Temple”? That would have saved thousands of misleading words at the end of Ezekiel.

"33. It ignores the life-setting of the disciples’ question in Acts 1:6 in the context of their already having had forty days teaching about the very thing they asked about (“the kingdom” – see Acts 1:3). This reflects badly on the clarity of the Risen Lord’s teaching about the kingdom. But the tenacity with which these disciples still clung to literal fulfillments would also prove the validity of #’s 23, 26, 27, 28 & 32 above.

"34. This resistance to the clear expectation of the disciples also ignores the question of the disciples, which was about the timing of the restoration of the kingdom to Israel, not its nature."

also this: https://sharperiron.org/article/forty-reasons-for-not-reinterpreting-ot-nt-first-twenty
The Millennium is a Pharisee doctrine Jesus refuted many times in the gospels.

Jan 17, 2020
Give me an example of where God was so obviously involved over and over with helping a nation under attack. I'm sure he was for all the allies in WW2, again involving the Jewish people.
There are an abundant amount of Scriptures debunking your proposition. Everything in the Bible involves Israel, especially Jesus, Yeshua Hamashiach.
Secular Israel is not Biblical Israel. The stem from the Pharisees whom God rejected and removed from Israel.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
We are the holy nation. Not the unbelievers.
The Church is Israel Comparison
[…]
5. Church (Ps. 89:5; Mic. 2:5 (LXX)Act. 7:38; Heb. 2:12)
I'd like to remind the readers that not every mention of the word "ekklesia [G1577]" refers to "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" [Eph1:20-23 WHEN (as to its existence)]... for example, the following passage uses that same word [G1577] in vv.32,39,41 (translated "assembly" in this version, below):

Acts 19 -

The Riot in Ephesus

21 Now after these things were fulfilled, Paul purposed in the Spirit to go to Jerusalem, having passed through Macedonia and Achaia, having said, “After my having been there, it behooves me to see Rome also.” 22 And having sent two of those ministering to him, Timothy and Erastus, into Macedonia, he remained for a time in Asia.

23 Now at the same time no small disturbance arose concerning the Way. 24 For a certain silversmith named Demetrius, making silver shrines of Artemis, was bringing no little business to the craftsmen, 25 whom having brought together along with the workmen in such things, he said, “Men, you know that from this business is our wealth. 26 And you see and hear that not only in Ephesus, but almost all of Asia, this Paul, having persuaded them, has turned away a great many people, saying that they are not gods which have been made by hands. 27 Now not only is this business to us endangered to come into disrepute, but also for the temple of the great goddess Artemis to be reckoned for nothing, and also her majesty to be deposed, whom all Asia and the world worship.”

28 And having heard, and having become full of rage, they were crying out saying, “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians.” 29 And the whole city was filled with confusion, and with one accord they rushed to the theatre, having dragged off Gaius and Aristarchus, Macedonians, fellow travelers of Paul.

30 But of Paul intending to go in to the people, the disciples would not allow him. 31 And also some of the Asiarchs being friends to him, having sent to him, were urging him not to venture into the theatre.

32 So some indeed were crying out one thing; others another. For the assembly [G1577 - ekklesia] was confused, and most did not know for what cause they were assembled. 33 Now out of the crowd they put forward Alexander, the Jews having thrust him forward. And Alexander, having motioned with the hand, was wanting to make a defense to the people. 34 But having recognized that he is a Jew, there was one cry from all, ongoing about two hours, crying out, “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians.”

35 Then having calmed the crowd, the town clerk says, “Men, Ephesians, what man is there indeed who does not know the city of the Ephesians as being temple-keeper of the great Artemis, and of that fallen from the sky? 36 Therefore these things being undeniable, it is necessary for you to be calm and to do nothing rash. 37 For you brought these men, neither temple plunderers nor blaspheming our goddess.

38 So if indeed Demetrius and the craftsmen with him have a matter against anyone, courts are conducted, and there are proconsuls; let them accuse one another. 39 But if you inquire anything beyond this, it will be solved in the lawful assembly [G1577 - ekklesia]. 40 And indeed, we are in danger of being accused of insurrection in regard to this day, there existing not one cause concerning which we will be able to give a reason for this commotion.”

41 And having said these things, he dismissed the assembly [G1577 - ekklesia].

And just because "the church in the wilderness" (Acts 7:35-43, esp v.38) has the word "church [G1577 - ekklesia]," this does NOT mean that it is "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" [ALL those saved "in this present age [SINGULAR]"... there was no "BODY" in existence before the "HEAD" (again, see Eph1:20-23 [WHEN (as to its existence)];

and note the distinctions I've brought out in past posts (these are NOT the SAME, but DISTINCT): "FROM [apo] the foundation of the world" and "BEFORE [pro] the foundation of the world"... I hear ppl all the time conflating these two, by saying (re: Jesus' death) "slain FROM BEFORE the foundation"... No. It is only ONE of these that is correct/biblical, when it comes to THIS aspect (of His "SLAIN" issue). Check out WHICH ONE. ;) .…as the TWO PHRASES are distinct, each encompassing distinct issues/items!]

Jan 17, 2020
I'd like to remind the readers that not every mention of the word "ekklesia [G1577]" refers to "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" [Eph1:20-23 WHEN (as to its existence)]... for example, the following passage uses that same word [G1577] in vv.32,39,41 (translated "assembly" in this version, below):

Acts 19 -

The Riot in Ephesus

21 Now after these things were fulfilled, Paul purposed in the Spirit to go to Jerusalem, having passed through Macedonia and Achaia, having said, “After my having been there, it behooves me to see Rome also.” 22 And having sent two of those ministering to him, Timothy and Erastus, into Macedonia, he remained for a time in Asia.

23 Now at the same time no small disturbance arose concerning the Way. 24 For a certain silversmith named Demetrius, making silver shrines of Artemis, was bringing no little business to the craftsmen, 25 whom having brought together along with the workmen in such things, he said, “Men, you know that from this business is our wealth. 26 And you see and hear that not only in Ephesus, but almost all of Asia, this Paul, having persuaded them, has turned away a great many people, saying that they are not gods which have been made by hands. 27 Now not only is this business to us endangered to come into disrepute, but also for the temple of the great goddess Artemis to be reckoned for nothing, and also her majesty to be deposed, whom all Asia and the world worship.”

28 And having heard, and having become full of rage, they were crying out saying, “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians.” 29 And the whole city was filled with confusion, and with one accord they rushed to the theatre, having dragged off Gaius and Aristarchus, Macedonians, fellow travelers of Paul.

30 But of Paul intending to go in to the people, the disciples would not allow him. 31 And also some of the Asiarchs being friends to him, having sent to him, were urging him not to venture into the theatre.

32 So some indeed were crying out one thing; others another. For the assembly [G1577 - ekklesia] was confused, and most did not know for what cause they were assembled. 33 Now out of the crowd they put forward Alexander, the Jews having thrust him forward. And Alexander, having motioned with the hand, was wanting to make a defense to the people. 34 But having recognized that he is a Jew, there was one cry from all, ongoing about two hours, crying out, “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians.”

35 Then having calmed the crowd, the town clerk says, “Men, Ephesians, what man is there indeed who does not know the city of the Ephesians as being temple-keeper of the great Artemis, and of that fallen from the sky? 36 Therefore these things being undeniable, it is necessary for you to be calm and to do nothing rash. 37 For you brought these men, neither temple plunderers nor blaspheming our goddess.

38 So if indeed Demetrius and the craftsmen with him have a matter against anyone, courts are conducted, and there are proconsuls; let them accuse one another. 39 But if you inquire anything beyond this, it will be solved in the lawful assembly [G1577 - ekklesia]. 40 And indeed, we are in danger of being accused of insurrection in regard to this day, there existing not one cause concerning which we will be able to give a reason for this commotion.”

41 And having said these things, he dismissed the assembly [G1577 - ekklesia].

And just because "the church in the wilderness" (Acts 7:35-43, esp v.38) has the word "church [G1577 - ekklesia]," this does NOT mean that it is "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" [ALL those saved "in this present age [SINGULAR]"... there was no "BODY" in existence before the "HEAD" (again, see Eph1:20-23 [WHEN (as to its existence)];

and note the distinctions I've brought out in past posts (these are NOT the SAME, but DISTINCT): "FROM [apo] the foundation of the world" and "BEFORE [pro] the foundation of the world"... I hear ppl all the time conflating these two, by saying (re: Jesus' death) "slain FROM BEFORE the foundation"... No. It is only ONE of these that is correct/biblical, when it comes to THIS aspect (of His "SLAIN" issue). Check out WHICH ONE. ;) .…as the TWO PHRASES are distinct, each encompassing distinct issues/items!]
Jesus = YHWH in the OT = the congregation (Church) of the Lord is his body of believers. The unbelievers provided the State to protect the lineage of Christ.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Secular Israel is not Biblical Israel. The stem from the Pharisees whom God rejected and removed from Israel.
Yes, secular Israel is Biblical Israel and it's not all secular. Answer: The Jews will accept Jesus as the Messiah at the Second Coming if they don’t do it before. Some of them are going to do it before. The passage that really gives us hope is in the book of Zechariah chapter 14 and 13. In chapter 14 Israel is going to be fighting the Battle of Armageddon and she’s going to be losing. As a matter of fact, the Bible says she will lose half of Jerusalem. So she’s going to be losing to the world’s armies and just when Israel is on the brink of total defeat Jesus is going to come and place His feet on the Mount of Olives. All the Jews of Israel believe that that is what their Messiah is going to do. When He comes, they are going to run out there to meet their Messiah and they’re going to bow to worship Him and they’re going to notice that He has nail prints in His hands and His feet. Zechariah 13 says, “And one will say unto Him, where did you get these wounds in Your hands? And he will reply, these are they in which I was wounded in the house of my friends.” And they’re going to believe!

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Jesus is a Jew. Bojack, He is returning as the Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah.
It is not helpful to say that about Jews. God cares for them and loves them, He says so in His Word. He promised the land of Israel to them and gave it in 1948 back to them, this is prophesy fulfilled. He has a plan for them. God allowed Jesus to die for us all, and He hardened the Jews so that we who were Gentile would have a chance of salvation; the Bible says this, and it is very humbling because it also says we should be mindful of this and not be proud.
Hi, if you look at my other posts in this thread you'll see that I love Israel and the Jews and I agree with you .. God Bless

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

People who teach the truth about Jesus are fighting for all mankind against spiritual forces of wickedness.
Where is Jesus coming back to ? Vatican City ? Who was Jesus sent to ? When did He quit on the Jews or did they quit on Jesus ? Why has Jesus kept them separate for 2000 yrs and how did they keep their identity ? Do you know your generations back to 1700 ? 2000 Yrs Ago ? Has not the Jews been a blessing everywhere they went and hasn't the US been blessed for welcoming them ?
God Bless America and Israel .. Each man from each generation come to their own End, one generation will still be alive when Jesus returns .. We will all face judgment ..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

I'll go out on a limb here and say Jesus blinded the Jews eyes, Satan blinds the rest .. No, I do not have to fight for anybody against real Christians or Jews .. I'll leave that to the UN, NWO, Mystery Babylon and false religions

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I know the KKK hates Jews and a few other ''cough,cough'' organizations hate the Jews too ..

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
There's many in the church who may be in for a big surprise too .. Right ?

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
= Israel. Jesus = Israel along with believers.
God has a plan in scripture for physical Israel aswell as a plan for spiritual. This is why it literally became a nation again in 1948; a fulfilment of prophesy.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
God has a plan in scripture for physical Israel aswell as a plan for spiritual. This is why it literally became a nation again in 1948; a fulfilment of prophesy.
Sorry this should say 'prophecy'.....😬

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I believe Scripture shows that there will be those saved in the trib (thus "saints") but who are not part of "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" (though each are considered the "ELECT"... just of different TIME SLOTS)...

so I guess we are never going to see eye to eye on this particular point. (I.e. that Eph1:10 is NOT speaking of the "NOW"/"this present age [singular]" like the rest of the epistle IS speaking about [with its "Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" Eph1:20-23 WHEN (as to its existence)]

--"the BRIDE/WIFE [SINGULAR]" is NOT "the [invited] GUESTS [PLURAL]," nor the "TEN [or even FIVE] Virgins [PLURAL] [[/Bridesmaids PLURAL]," nor the "servants/attendants [PLURAL]" of that future time period that leads UP TO His "RETURN" to the earth Rev19; Jesus is not coming at that point to "MARRY" TEN Virgins!
(He will be RETURNING, at that point, as an ALREADY-WED Bridegroom [WITH [G4862] His "BRIDE/WIFE [SINGULAR]"] down to the earth where the "10 / 5 Virgins" will be located, never having lifted off the ground! [it's not THEIR "Rapture"!] The 5 Virgins will "go in WITH [G3326-accompanying] Him to the wedding FEAST/SUPPER," i.e. the EARTHLY MK age!)

--there are distinct HARVESTS (in nature as well as in Scripture--I had provided posts on how Rev14:4's 144,000 correlates with the SECOND of TWO mentions of "firstfruit" in Lev23, this one in v.17 where it says "TWO loaves" and "baken WITH LEAVEN" [this is NOT "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY" ;)] and how James 1:17 says, "a KIND of firstfruit" (coz there are more than ONE "firstfruit"!! The 144,000 correlate with the SECOND of the TWO mentions of "firstfruit" of Lev23 ;) ) When we conflate these, all becomes blurry

--more, but I've bored you enough... and the readers...
Many are deluded into thinking Jesus isn't one with his people now.