It's like I'm watching a movie...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JesusistheChrist

That would make him .... WHAT??

(inside joke here) lol
Hey, I called him "brother" twice in a previous post.

I think that you might need a monocle for your eye...

il_fullxfull_172381841.jpg

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Im not talking to you anymore

a brother for sale.png

J

JesusistheChrist

lol.

Just so the rest of you don't think that we're nuts (even though we might be), "ISeeYou" has been ribbing me for years because I normally refer to everybody as "friends" as opposed to as "brothers" or "sisters".

Just to clear that up...

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
lol.

Just so the rest of you don't think that we're nuts (even though we might be), "ISeeYou" has been ribbing me for years because I normally refer to everybody as "friends" as opposed to as "brothers" or "sisters".

Just to clear that up...
Yeah post #136 was completely bypassed (like that last question in all caps) LOL!

He cant call me his sister (after nearly 10 years) but he just called Ricky his brother

You have isues LOL

J

JesusistheChrist

Hey, I called you "sister" just yesterday (or was it this morning?), so simmer down.

lol.

Anyhow, by the time that I eat dinner, it will be time for breakfast (I've got to get up in a few hours).

Good night (officially...maybe), everybody.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Seriously? You cant really "hear yourself"? lol

In nearly 10 years you just made a reference to me as sister (just yesterday) (Miracle from above)

In only 2 posts, he calls Ricky, brother (and Ricky this has nothing to do with you but his own backwardness)

As much as he has decent reasoning skills typically he doesnt in other areas like this

(he makes no sense)

J

JesusistheChrist

Seriously? You cant really "hear yourself"? lol

In nearly 10 years you just made a reference to me as sister (just yesterday) (Miracle from above)

In only 2 posts, he calls Ricky, brother (and Ricky this has nothing to do with you but his own backwardness)

As much as he has decent reasoning skills typically he doesnt in other areas like this

(he makes no sense)
You're forgetting that I've treated you as my sister for 10 years, haven't I...and with "all purity" (I Timothy 5:2), I hope?

Anyhow, with the way that you've been carrying on of late, I'm tempted to say, "Oh, BROTHER!"

lol.

Seriously, I've got to eat something and then get to bed.

Good night.

P.S.

See what happens when I call somebody "brother" (probably the first time that I've done so on a forum in 10 years, btw)? Yep, the sibling rivalries begin...

lol.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
You're forgetting that I've treated you as my sister for 10 years, haven't I...and with "all purity" (I Timothy 5:2), I hope?

Anyhow, with the way that you've been carrying on of late, I'm tempted to say, "Oh, BROTHER!"

lol.

Seriously, I've got to eat something and then get to bed.

Good night.

P.S.

See what happens when I call somebody "brother" (probably the first time that I've done so on a forum in 10 years, btw)? Yep, the sibling rivalries begin...

lol.
You just go eat and be off to bed.

Besides, I am actually tiring of this discussion (not to mention your own weasling around it) not just in this post but over and again throughout the years. Surely I kid with you (to a point) as you well know it, but I see you doing something like that as if you enjoy getting a rise out of me in the same (and then make fun at my response)

But it was like you were saying, "looky at that, see now what I can do? (very innocently so) but you so know what you did there. Then you make it out like its me carrying on about some nonsensical sibling rivalry. Since when has anything of the sort ever been brought up prior? Not even once, ever. What I was doing here was just trying to draw your attention to your own backwardness.

You at least admitted that you (for ten years) would not adress another brother as brother before

Your not partial in that, same goes for me too as it took me awhile to get off the floor when I heard it lol

Well, your making progress your just "slower then" others in this area

(That ought to provoke a response lol)

And yes to (I Timothy 5:2)

If Jesus isnt ashamed to call those sanctified by the Holy Spirit brethren why would you feel otherwise? Unless you had your doubts. Which is fine I have those myself and I am sure I have likely called (at some point in time) someone "brother" or "sister" who might not have been, thats not a sin. So I might not understand all the extra precaution unless ofcourse it has more to do with ones lack of ability in expressing oneself more affectionately towards another.

If one cannot feel the latter, then it just comes down to the use of words (only) anyway. Then its like, who really cares either way if it just boils down to that right?

I feel much better about it now.

Goodnight and God bless you in Christ Jesus the Lord

J

JesusistheChrist

Hey, I've got to get ready for work, but with me it's simply a matter of this (you touched upon it):

I honestly don't believe that everyone on forums such as this one truly is my "brother" or "sister" so I simply avoid using such terminology with anybody so that I don't have to publicly make such a distinction. In Ricky's case, my heart simply went out to him in that I truly identified with what he's been going through and I made an exception...and look what it's gotten me.

Anyhow, it's really that simple (I'm not that complicated of a person).

The beliefs and views (and consequential actions) of some people on forums such as this one pain and sadden me (and you know this better than anybody else here could possibly know this with all of the private discussions which we've had over the years on this very topic) in that I'm very concerned for certain people and I'd rather not even be joking around about this particular topic. Hopefully, we can just put it to rest.

Thanks.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Well at least you can feel for someone, thats a good sign, you have a great day friend

J

JesusistheChrist

Well at least you can feel for someone, thats a good sign, you have a great day friend
I feel for EVERYONE and, again, you should know this better than anybody else in that, ironically, I've spoken to and confided in you more than I've spoken to or confided in any of my four literal/natural sisters for the last 10 years.

Apparently that isn't enough and I'm "backwards".

What can I say?

I do need to get ready for work, so I have to go.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Go to work, there is no issue with me even if I feel you are backwards, Im allowed to feel you are just as you are allowed to feel whatever it is you do.

Its not a big deal anymore, have a good day

F

Fubario

My prayer is that whatever happens you hold on to the hope of the cross and Christ because these circumstances may not get better, God willing you might get your way but who knows, it might be a short or long season of pain. Cheers brother I hope we can support you in any way possible, whether prayer, advice, or God willing resources. Take care

J

JesusistheChrist

My prayer is that whatever happens you hold on to the hope of the cross and Christ because these circumstances may not get better, God willing you might get your way but who knows, it might be a short or long season of pain. Cheers brother I hope we can support you in any way possible, whether prayer, advice, or God willing resources. Take care
Hi, Fubario and thanks for your prayer.

Just to clarify, I'm not looking to "get my way", but rather to learn what it is that God wants me to do so that I might walk in His ways.

Anyhow, whatever happens to me, Jesus is Lord. Of this, I'm certain.

J

JesusistheChrist

Hello, everybody.

I thought that I would just give a quick update which I've been somewhat reluctant to do up until now because I've basically been escaping different situations by the skin of my teeth for the last couple of weeks or so.

For starters, the Lord did move upon somebody's heart a little while back to help me and mine financially and that took care of an immediate need in relation to one's month rent which we owed. For that, I am eternally grateful. Beyond that, I've been looking for a new job throughout this ordeal which would give me more financial stability and I hadn't yet found one as of last Friday, but I basically quit my job last Friday anyway. IOW, my business had gotten so bad and all of the prayers that I had made myself before God for years led me to conclude that that was the time to call it quits and I notified all of the hospitals that I normally work at that I wouldn't be working with them anymore and, amazingly, I felt great peace from God about the same. Here's what happened next:

The very next day, I got a phone call from my main competitor who also worked at many of the same hospitals that I worked at and he told me that he had slipped on the ice on the steps of a restaurant and done damage to a disk in his back and also damaged his knee and that the doctors were telling him that he needed surgery to repair the damages. He also told me that he has no intention of getting any surgery done and he is basically hobbling around with a cane now and he called me and asked me to come and work for him and I actually began working with him this past Tuesday. He's not only paying me a salary, but he's also allowing me to sell some of my own merchandise while I work with him and he is paying all of the fees at the hospitals (they get a percentage of sales each day) and also paying for my gas...and he's even been buying me breakfast and/or lunch. To make a long story short, I'm currently making at least twice as much money as I was for at least the last year and this guy almost wants to adopt me. IOW, he's more than pleased with my work ethnic (I strive to do everything heartily as unto the Lord) and his own sales actually doubled during the week that I worked with him. He basically wants me to work with him full time and that's what I'm going to do for the time being as I continue to seek the Lord in prayer.

On top of this, it seems as if my wife got that whole "Obamacare" nonsense straightened out because they were threatening to take our entire income tax return from us and we're actually scheduled to get our tax return back this coming Monday. The monies from that return will help us tremendously to pay off some other pressing, outstanding bills, so we might just get out of this mess yet.

Anyhow, I thank all of you who prayed from the bottom of my heart.

J

JesusistheChrist

Ummm, I meant "work ETHIC" and not "work ETHNIC".

lol.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I think we know what you meant. And isn't it amazing how when we're at the bottom, it gives God the greatest opportunity to do something big!

That's a wonderful update. God bless you!

J

JesusistheChrist

I think we know what you meant. And isn't it amazing how when we're at the bottom, it gives God the greatest opportunity to do something big!

That's a wonderful update. God bless you!
Thanks, but I just had a thought...

Seeing how you people prayed for me and seeing how God has sustained me and prolonged my ability to post here on this forum, that makes you all accomplices to what I post...lol.

Yeah, I'm spreading the blame...

imagesCAEVWS51.jpg