It's not an insult...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
I'd say if you tell someone who has recieved the holy ghost that they need to recieve the holy ghost then that would be an insult.
And yes, it happens.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I'd say if you tell someone who has recieved the holy ghost that they need to recieve the holy ghost then that would be an insult.
And yes, it happens.
yes it does but that is ignorance speaking The Holy Spirit come into every saved person washed in the blood of Jesus. The Coming upon a believer is also work of the Holy Spirit that has nothing to do with salvation but empowerment to be a witness AS Jesus said in Acts 1:8 The Lord Jesus last instructions are still important to the church receive power to be a witness.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
This is because we receive the Holy Spirit when we are born again and become a new creature in Jesus Christ. We forgive you of your insults that were due to lack of knowledge on your part. It is a growing process for all of us.(y)
Hi Oyster

The new birth is called the Spirit of Christ coming within one which no man can be saved without. The very reason why we are told to “ask Jesus into our hearts”.

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Father, the same anointing for service that Jesus received at His baptism. Jesus depended wholly on Father....He only did what He saw, and spoke what He heard when ministering. This should be our same way and one cannot do this without Holy Spirits giftings.

Both are necessary, can be separate experiences or unified in one.

Pentecost unlocked? both to men.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well it can happen if you dont know the person well.
Its like giving someone a birthday or christmas gift that they already have. Its not meant to be an insult but just an honest mistake, you can say, if youve already received, then its the thought that counts and tell the giver to pass it on to someone else!

Why would I be insulted or offended if God wanted to give me MORE or second helpings I dont know. lol

notuptome

May 17, 2013
YOU USE the word of God to attack those that disagree with you. You are correct, it does not matter if one is moderator. However, the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today, Yet you do the very thing you say other are doing. You used 1 Corinthians chapter 13:8-13 to prove that Tongues have stopped. Yet it doesn't say that at all. YOU have created a "Heresy" that you say other have. That makes you false. Only if you could show us where in the Bible it states " Tongues are not for today". You can't but because other have received from God something you have not or you have suffered from those who claim to have a gift and foolishly used it or offended you, you see that as all. You are wrong. Yet you have claimed Never to have been corrected in the word of God which makes you Prideful. You are a troll. You look at any post on this topic you like a troll does interject your false narrative to in some Joan of Ark way of thinking "I'm doing the word of God". Wrong again. You are a troll.
What a lovely tapestry of truth and falsehood. I do not use the word of God to attack anyone. The word of God reveals heresy. You teach heresy and Gods word will rebuke you as it rebukes all who teach falsehood.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today just not the three that ended in 1 Cor 13:8. Praying in tongues was never a gift of the Holy Spirit. Those who teach praying in tongues offend God by teaching heresy.

It is absurd to suggest that I am jealous of those who claim to speak in tongues. It is a false gift even so I have all in Christ. You must love the word of God more than all these other things. It is the obligation of all Christians to love Gods word and eschew evil.

Let your speech be seasoned with grace. Accusing others of pride and envy is not demonstrating the presence of the Holy Spirit in what you write.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Hi Oyster

The new birth is called the Spirit of Christ coming within one which no man can be saved without. The very reason why we are told to “ask Jesus into our hearts”.

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Father, the same anointing for service that Jesus received at His baptism. Jesus depended wholly on Father....He only did what He saw, and spoke what He heard when ministering. This should be our same way and one cannot do this without Holy Spirits giftings.

Both are necessary, can be separate experiences or unified in one.

Pentecost unlocked? both to men.
Are you teaching that there is more than one Spirit of God? Spirit of Christ and Spirit of the Father?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

L

lenna

this needs to be consulted as this is what the thread is about. this is the op

personally, but of course everyone can do as they wish, I would not even respond to certain people here who can be found on every single thread that mentions tongues, doing what they do best....trying to start an argument with individuals, rather than discussing the actual op

I would not even respond to them. they have been doing this literally for years. reminds me of something coming in to sabotage and destroy. not a godly pursuit

KelbyofGod, post: 4400798, member: 262307"]This message is for ALL,

Satan tries really hard to make it sound like an insult rather than an exhortation when someone is advised that they still need to receive the Holy Ghost. ESPECIALLY if that person has faith.

It can be clearly stated that Peter, James and John were even made APOSTLES before they received the Holy Ghost! John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
  • Are we INSULTING them by saying they still needed to receive the Holy Ghost? Absolutely not.
  • Are we claiming they don't have faith in God? No, it's quite easy to see that they believed and trusted God and Jesus.
  • Are we saying the promise of the Holy Ghost isn't for them? Again, Absolutely not.
  • We are just saying that people need to seek until they find, knock until it is opened, ask until they receive...and not give up along the way. We are encouraging them to CONTINUE until they receive all that God has PROMISED them...(including a place in heaven).
  • We see people all over who have heard of Jesus or have a bible or have learned how to pray and recieve things (which means they have FAITH) and yet haven't even heard that they need to receive the Holy Ghost. Paul ran into a group like that in Acts 19. The bible calls them disciples. Paul acknowledged their belief. Yet they hadn't been told that they needed the Holy Ghost. They were thankfully able to receive this without taking offense...internalized the additional truth...were baptized to get it right...and eventually (not immediately) ACTUALLY RECEIVED the Holy Ghost, which didn't ACTUALLY HAPPEN until Paul laid his hands on them. That is a beautiful account because they could have taken offense instead (as Satan works hard to make happen today).
To say that someone still needs to receive the Holy Ghost isn't an insult. It's a statement that we understand that God has more for them and we're believing that they are worthy to receive it... if they TARRY until they are endued with power "For ye shall receive POWER after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you". and "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in POWER".

Too many have much doctrine and words....but no power... and they fulfil the scripture regarding those who are "having a form of godliness, but denying the power".

If you know you have faith, and you know you believe in Jesus, and you know you love God, but also know you don't really have much power, and especially if you know that you've never "spake with new tongues as the spirit gave them utterance"...you probably need to seek God until he baptizes you with the same Holy Ghost that he gave on the day of Pentecost and promised "unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call".

As I've said to others I now say to ALL... I wish you well on your journey.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
dont be afraid of tongues.
You can praise God in a language you never learned, thats all that it is.

I dont know why some people are so afraid of it?! You would think they never came across someone speaking another langauage they didnt understand in their life.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Perhaps what sounds like music to Gods ears, the praise of Him in all the tongues He created, hurts those who ears dont wanna listen. To them, its like cats meowing or birds chirping, but they dont understand it and would rather listen to heavy rock music that sounds like droning lawnmowers.

maybe. Who knows!

CS1

May 23, 2012
What a lovely tapestry of truth and falsehood. I do not use the word of God to attack anyone. The word of God reveals heresy. You teach heresy and Gods word will rebuke you as it rebukes all who teach falsehood.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today just not the three that ended in 1 Cor 13:8. Praying in tongues was never a gift of the Holy Spirit. Those who teach praying in tongues offend God by teaching heresy.

It is absurd to suggest that I am jealous of those who claim to speak in tongues. It is a false gift even so I have all in Christ. You must love the word of God more than all these other things. It is the obligation of all Christians to love Gods word and eschew evil.

Let your speech be seasoned with grace. Accusing others of pride and envy is not demonstrating the presence of the Holy Spirit in what you write.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Wrong! I did not say you were Jealous that is a lie you like to tell often. And 1Cor 13:8 says no such thing you have added that to fit your false narrative of cessationism. You should practice what you preach in reference to " Speech seasoned with salt". I have not accused others I am saying you are prideful and a troll :). There is no envy I have in you at all LOL. Just rip out Chapters 12 and 14 of 1 Corinthians'. You are opportunistic when threads of the Holy Spirit and the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are mentioned. You have attacked many and suggested they are even of the devil. And the proof is in many past threads where you and I have had this very discussion. I call you on it every time. You are a troll.