It's not the problems..it's the answers!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Senior Member
Mar 20, 2015
6,307
1,093
113
One of my largest revelations was when God gave me His eye-sight.

I no longer see my quest as winning isolated battles for Righteousness sake. I see my calling as simply living my life, in Christ.

A life that starts over every day, with a daily reloading of grace, and a demeanor that comes from knowing I have already won the day, regardless of the, yet, unknown battle.

And Amazingly enough, even to me, I begin acting differently.....And to the world--even oddly so. P.T.L.

I laugh in how much different I am from even months ago. God is in the Renovation business. He takes wounded sinners who are weak and instead of just obliterating the weak spots, He patiently camps out there. He personally strengthens us in the areas we need, becoming, what we lack.

And regardless of our Maturity in Christ, the daily question is the same....for each day we have a choice....We can continue to do things in our own strength, peter out and falter, or we can recognize as it says in 2 Chronicles 20:15 ..that the battle is the Lord's.

The battle is His--but the victory is ours.

And, as I let God fight my battles, I find myself always on the winning side, regardless of the circumstances. As I believe that, and put my feet to those beliefs, my stress levels vanquish, and that Magical thing happens--people see Christ in me!

Apart from Him I can do nothing, but, in him, all things are possible!
 
Very nice blog post...I wish I could see more of Christ in me but for the past few years I have felt like his Warrior Priest Queen...I have even been accused of being a warrior gal by unbelievers.

But if that's what the Lord needs....A Warrior Priest Queen like Boudica then that is what I will give him.
 
Hey cloud Good to see you getting comfortable around here. Thank you for your comment. So, I saw your statement as a question yet asked...so let me ask it.. in the past few years has it been difficult to keep up with the label..."Warrior Priest Queen?". And why do you think non- christians call you a warrior gal? Is that a good thing or a burden? I have yet to understand what that is to you in relationship to that title is all. I'm a dizzy Dan male what can I say?

I can see that title being a good thing or a burden, I sense a need in there somewhere, but I have no idea what that need may be yet. Fill me in, I love caring. And praying for others and even giving honor where honor is due. But I would be guessing on what encouragement applies here yet....smile. God bless I hope you return to talk...God bless you and thank you again.
 
Well this is complicated. I am a bit of a prophet and if you study the gift of prophecy in young girls you will find they have a very strong sense of right and wrong and they can come across as judgmental but then God used them to deliver his judgments to Israel and that is a big job. Being used by the Lord to turn groups of people and nations and not letting people cow you with a fear of man.

So I like being a Warrior Priest Queen and no prayers are really necessary. I used to catch flack for it all the time when I did Apologetics but then prophets always catch flack....prophets are naturally endowed for frontline action.

But I am working on polishing my gift of exhortation and if you want to pray for me to get better at that then that would be helpful.
 
I realized I had the prophetic gift about 7 years ago. I had scriptural answers so quick and my instincts were so good and I could turn the angles on the ideas around so much that I knew the Spirit was assisting me.

I can preach off the top of my head without notes almost any time I want to. I suffer from a fear of public speaking like Moses did but I am almost over that. My fear of public speaking and weakness at computers probably is why God could use me in Apologetics. Apologetics is the field of Christianity that publicly defends the Gospel from the philosophical attacks of unbelievers and I used to get swarmed and tag teamed by atheists and I think I won most of those battles though in their pride they will deny it.

My mother was a prophet, too. She suffered from depression but one day God started to,push her out of bed to write poetry. This went on for several days until she got up on her own to write them. She was also very big on peacemaking.

Prophets aren't really so much about predicting the future. A lot of times they give a word of knowledge or wisdom. Derek Prince has a good book explaining the Gifts of the Spirit. I took a test about a year ago on spiritual gifts and I had all of them but I scored highest on exhortation, prophecy and teaching.

All believers have gifts. It wouldn't surprise me if all believers have all the gifts they just don't develop them all the way.

I can't speak for male prophets since I don't have the male ministry gifts book. I just know it is almost impossible for me to tell a lie and I've always maintained a high regard for God and refuse to,put anyone ahead of Him.

Prophets historically have been attacked yet they were the recognized representatives or mouthpieces for God like preachers are today. The Spirit is upon a preacher and the Spirit is upon a prophet that is how he can prophesy by staying in a prophetic stream of consciousness.

Exhortation is the gift of being positive and practical so I can look for the solutions to spiritual problems or human dilemmas like Esther in the bible.

I didn't burden you with praying for me because I feel comfortable with things. I have been used to this state of being for a while now but you can always improve your talents.
 
Last edited:
You are an intercessor slave which is the gift of mercy and if you asked me which gift to have above all others I think I'd pick the gift of mercy.

But, of course, all the gifts are good and serve a function in the Body of Christ.
 
Last edited:
The closer I get to God the more I realize how from time to time I am tempted to have the idea that God is leading me toward a particular end or a desired goal, but He is not. The question of whether or not I arrive at a particular goal is of little importance, and reaching it becomes only an episode along the way. What I see as only the process of reaching a particular end, God sees as the goal itself.

God"s purpose is to enable me to see that He can walk on the storms of my life right now! If I have a further goal in mind, I am not paying enough attention to my present time. However, if I realize that moment-by-moment obedience is the goal, then each moment, as it comes, is precious.
 
Someday, when I Die will someone lay this 'post' on my Epitaph? Thank You!
 
Yeah your right brother. Sometimes God does reveal to us the vision ... but when it doesn't happen quickly and God starts to show us deeper within our hearts through the process of living with Him ... That the vision isn't the goal, the calling isn't the goal, the title isn't the goal ... Being with Him, in Him ... satisfied in nothing but Him ... even if everything is taken from us ... even if our ability it prophesy ceased ... what would matter? HIM ... because it's in Him that we are completely satisfied. Sometimes we are too focused on those other things to see the issues, pain, and healing required within our own selves. This is what happened to me, and when you operate in the prophetic and you pick up on other peoples burdens, hurts strongholds ... then we start to see the worst in others and it diminishes our ability to trust ... so Jesus in His wisdom steps in and uses the good and bad to have His way in us. The reality is no matter how far along we are in Him, we still need His grace and we also need the help of others we can trust. So we can experience the love of Jesus as He demonstrates it through our relationships. Sometimes God want us to slow down from the calling, to hear what He's saying to us. The prophetic is something He can activate, or the believer can. Sometimes the lord wants us to rest to hear His voice for us. The ultimate goal is not His calling but Him, trusting Him and growing through the process of living in His love.
 
That doesn't mean what He has shown you isn't the vision of God. It just means write it down and hold it in your heart. If it's from Him it will resurface and you will feel that emotion ... as He touches your heart with the finger of His destiny! God bless U bro :)
 
I believe God has written certain things on your heart, that are etched in stone and they will continue to resurface, because they are His will and calling upon you. You will deeply experience these at times but at other times you will question and lose hope because life is tough. But the reality is these things are set in stone, and un changeable - even when we take the long way round because they are His will and destiny for you. Trust His timing, trust His process because he will unlock the doors without us having to stand waiting for them to open. We will hear and see them open ... It's His will for us not to miss His opportunities. And if it doesn't make sense, if its confusion and a mess ... stand back and wait for His leading ... For we know His voice ... and if it's right step forward boldly. Sometimes when we have waited for what seems to be years we think we have become stuck. We are not stuck, God is not stuck we are just in the process. We don't have to stand and watch for the door to open, we can continue with our life and trust Him for our future. He has given us things to soften the pain of waiting, till the time is perfect. :D! Given us people to put our arm round and vice versa. He is there beside us the lamb. Even when we feel lost, and struggle within. It is Him who puts the beauty of a pastoral or caring heart. The reality care and burden for others. And I sense you will put your hand around many to comfort them. To let them know you stand with them, that someone cares ... in gentleness and kindness.
 
I am so thankful for the mighty God we serve! We cannot exhort Him enough for all that He is. He cares enough to be personal with us and guide us each step of the way, to not lose patience as we sometimes get impatient with waiting on Him or take things into our own hands, He is ever so gentle to guide us back to where we should be. That is a wondrous thing indeed.

I praise you, God, for all that you are! Thank you for guiding us and for being worthy of our praise and trust. Amen!
 
chancer;bt17568 said:
Yeah your right brother. Sometimes God does reveal to us the vision ... but when it doesn't happen quickly and God starts to show us deeper within our hearts through the process of living with Him ... That the vision isn't the goal, the calling isn't the goal, the title isn't the goal ... Being with Him, in Him ... satisfied in nothing but Him ... even if everything is taken from us ... even if our ability it prophesy ceased ... what would matter? HIM ... because it's in Him that we are completely satisfied. Sometimes we are too focused on those other things to see the issues, pain, and healing required within our own selves. This is what happened to me, and when you operate in the prophetic and you pick up on other peoples burdens, hurts strongholds ... then we start to see the worst in others and it diminishes our ability to trust ... so Jesus in His wisdom steps in and uses the good and bad to have His way in us. The reality is no matter how far along we are in Him, we still need His grace and we also need the help of others we can trust. So we can experience the love of Jesus as He demonstrates it through our relationships. Sometimes God want us to slow down from the calling, to hear what He's saying to us. The prophetic is something He can activate, or the believer can. Sometimes the lord wants us to rest to hear His voice for us. The ultimate goal is not His calling but Him, trusting Him and growing through the process of living in His love.

I agree 100%, but must not stop at His love simply for us! It is also His desire to show His glory thru us!. God could have used anything on the earth to do His will, but He chose nothing to accomplish His ministry here on earth save 1 thing; US! Thru, our loyalty to His Word, which is Jesus' example of truth lived out and Gods truths shown from above, which breathes and is alive, His spirit, known as the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost, and God Himself as Jesus becomes the mediator to our ability to see God and interact with our Heavenly Father.....and now ultimately our fellow man. God always has our fellowman in mind when He enlightens us to Himself as well, they go hand in hand.

We are His Ambassadors to a dying world, the salt of the earth. God has fully equipped, and made whole His messengers so as to let His glory be seen in our weakened bodies and lives, not by way of illustrating His strength despite our weaknesses but by illustrating His strength to change us wholly in our weaknesses. as, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 illustrates.
 
Last edited:
I also agree 100 percent, but He calls us to work out of what He works in us. Sometimes people strive to find their identity and security in the title and call and gift, instead of being satisfied as a son/daughter. When we get the relationship right, then the other happens from a place of wanting to give back from adoration, than striving to feel we have to accomplish a feeling of standing with the Lord. Then we never give the Lord the time to heal us, and believe we are perfect. Not from a doctrinal/theological stance ... but when anything questions our identity and faith we are actually defending our faith instead of the faith. I don't have to defend my faith because i'm simply loved and forgiven. We become annoyed/frustrated in our approach because what people say is coming against our identity, but our identity is in Him ... tangibly, deeply, profoundly...



Right but I don't need to feel I stand with the Lord I know from Promises, thru faith I stand for the Lord..and if I begin not to I also know thru continual renewal and transformation in my discipline to stay in Christ thru His Word and prayer and prayer in all things... I will be immediately calibrated again to His will via the Holy Spirit..as I live in Him and seek Him with all my life's efforts.

The problem is for me, in this, is there is no problem at all in expecting the purposes of God to be as much apart of us as His mercy, and that there is a reality to the fact thru service we feel a cost to it personally..and yet, also factually, there is no less mercy in that either. There is a for lack of a better term: a Holy grind, He has called us to. Not a Salvation thru works, but a works by way of empowerment to His purposes. But we say, "Ok, I can take this much grind , and maybe even this much, but God the narrow purity you expect I am distraught over,no one can live up to that level of purity.. surely your Mercy would not include this in the package!" But Gods mercy is also in the grind... Pick up you cross daily and follow me grind, is something we, as normal Christians, do feel as part of this weakened vessels human experience..

That God makes my sufferings a credit to His testimony to man, not by way of value in my service, but in my loyalty to offering my responses to Him.. The problem becomes when we want to white- wash the reality of the identity of Christ in us not to include the fullness of that chapter of who He is, not by way of self-honoring prideful titles, which I would agree with, but by way of the simple acknowledgement of the normal life in Christ as a Christian on this earth to be spent for His name sake..

Obedience is not cotton candy, those are the facts, yet, as it grinds us we want to down play its importance to not feel the grind so much.When we do that we stop living by the facts of life. We stop living thru faith and start seeing our reasoning as more of value to us. The facts are-- Gods mercy is still in it as well, because He has called us to be it. And as a revelation we need to settle in ourselves with that fact.

Simply put we are not simply loved and forgiven. We are first loved and forgiven, and then called to bring others to Himself thru service He has ordained and empowered us to be. And yet when He calls us to do so , we do not have the clause to back away from His calling, in His timing and specific ways of delivery. Anything short of that is not the full book of the Gospel.. Legalism and prideful positioning is adding to the book and we cannot do that, but neither are we to pluck out of Scripture only the things that make our day feel better, we assess from lack of faith what only we can bear.. but subtracting from His Word any part of His inclusions or will in it is also stepping away from faithfulness to Him.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
chancer;bt17570 said:
I believe God has written certain things on your heart, that are etched in stone and they will continue to resurface, because they are His will and calling upon you. You will deeply experience these at times but at other times you will question and lose hope because life is tough. But the reality is these things are set in stone, and un changeable - even when we take the long way round because they are His will and destiny for you. Trust His timing, trust His process because he will unlock the doors without us having to stand waiting for them to open. We will hear and see them open ... It's His will for us not to miss His opportunities. And if it doesn't make sense, if its confusion and a mess ... stand back and wait for His leading ... For we know His voice ... and if it's right step forward boldly. Sometimes when we have waited for what seems to be years we think we have become stuck. We are not stuck, God is not stuck we are just in the process. We don't have to stand and watch for the door to open, we can continue with our life and trust Him for our future. He has given us things to soften the pain of waiting, till the time is perfect. :D! Given us people to put our arm round and vice versa. He is there beside us the lamb. Even when we feel lost, and struggle within. It is Him who puts the beauty of a pastoral or caring heart. The reality care and burden for others. And I sense you will put your hand around many to comfort them. To let them know you stand with them, that someone cares ... in gentleness and kindness.

I will always have the temptation here on earth! To be tempted to lose hope! To be tempted to struggle with looking across instead of looking at the cross. Circumstances that human reasoning will render deplorable in my ability to succeed, yet, I need not go thru stages of doubt resulting in sin- ever, if I but stay in the simplicity of your original focus mentioned- Jesus Christ.. God is that powerful! Struggle need not be sinful struggle, but only the cost of service and the result of this limited and weak vessel the Holy Spirit is currently housed in. It is true we tend to stumble, and of coarse God affords forgiveness as we turn from the stumbling. But Gods purposes are no less a goal that He has ordained to be our role, than that of our Salvation unto Himself either! He is that deep a lover of mankind, to offer such a level of supernatural support in us, by way of the Cross of Christ.
 
Last edited:
chancer;bt17569 said:
That doesn't mean what He has shown you isn't the vision of God. It just means write it down and hold it in your heart. If it's from Him it will resurface and you will feel that emotion ... as He touches your heart with the finger of His destiny! God bless U bro :)

I believe if I remain in Him andHis Word remains in me, I can ask anything of Him and He will give it. What that implies is that His will will be mine, unless it isn't by way of a better plan He has that I simply can't discern yet. But that simply means I stay true to my humility in Him. He answers my prayers always! But it's sometimes "yes", sometimes "no", and sometimes "He'll let me know".. but He will always be about the request I have in answering it. But the point is in real time He does this. I don't hold it in my heart, I let it out immediately, to obey immediately, to take the no immediately and accept it but never stop the requests yet of my heart....it is a flowing ongoing forward moving relationship, fully confident in my position and role in it all. But thru humility in it, I also accept the fact the no's are something He knows better than me, at the moment. That's fine...I just need to believe it is for my best, and keep asking...asking ....asking...Laying it all on the mantle in the light of day! As our communication continues to give way to understanding.

Emotions are a huge exaggerator, and misdirected means to an end, and even the conscience is unreliable if it is not placed in the authority of God. We do enjoy the blessings of emotions God gives but they are not a good guide to rightness. The conscience only works on the premise to do the highest moral creed you've placed in ourselves based on our wills allowances.. And God is only one option you can place there. When God is there it speaks well of Him, but it must first be placed accordingly, otherwise it too is a poor guide. God lives in the here and now of my life along with the hilltop experiences of investment in teaching and correcting and training and rebuking...but He works as I walk to open the doors and equip me to speak in His spirit. I base my loyalty to His Word of promises and direction, by way of the holy Spirits interactions. not the surface outside sources apart from Himself.

I believe we are on the exact same page, highlighting different aspects, I wanted to state things I saw in the words used is all. God bless you Chancer, it is always a blessing to hear from you! I just hope these words show the simple but sincere holiness wrought out in me over the last months and years to bear witness of His heart to us in it.
 
Last edited:
chancer;bt17568 said:
Yeah your right brother. Sometimes God does reveal to us the vision ... but when it doesn't happen quickly and God starts to show us deeper within our hearts through the process of living with Him ... That the vision isn't the goal, the calling isn't the goal, the title isn't the goal ... Being with Him, in Him ... satisfied in nothing but Him ... even if everything is taken from us ... even if our ability it prophesy ceased ... what would matter? HIM ... because it's in Him that we are completely satisfied. Sometimes we are too focused on those other things to see the issues, pain, and healing required within our own selves. This is what happened to me, and when you operate in the prophetic and you pick up on other peoples burdens, hurts strongholds ... then we start to see the worst in others and it diminishes our ability to trust ... so Jesus in His wisdom steps in and uses the good and bad to have His way in us. The reality is no matter how far along we are in Him, we still need His grace and we also need the help of others we can trust. So we can experience the love of Jesus as He demonstrates it through our relationships. Sometimes God want us to slow down from the calling, to hear what He's saying to us. The prophetic is something He can activate, or the believer can. Sometimes the lord wants us to rest to hear His voice for us. The ultimate goal is not His calling but Him, trusting Him and growing through the process of living in His love.

You're right it's a two way street, to get rid of our ways of rot, and positions of lesser right, we must have Him wrought us out. This is after regeneration. But we turn in our new creation and start walking toward Him in obedience at whatever level of maturity we stand with at the moment; seeking Him and asking of Him in involved Ambassadorship. The tricky part is our ability to have revelation in His plan and to wait in His timing of delivery of His purposes, for we cannot know beforehand His purposes in every detail. Principally, Characteristically -- yes! But we must get used to the biofeedback method of prayer and waiting on His call to honor His will in it. To simplify our walk with Him to a child-like faith of sitting in things already accomplished in Him as to whom we are. On one end He is calling us to immediacy in responding to Him, (which you have shown may take longer than He wishes but He is faithfully loving and patient with us thru those times of molding us like clay) on the other hand we are to wait; peacefully awaiting His directions. And He is so thorough that we are constantly learning a new take on His narrow level of purity He wants to deposit in us in our own personal disposition of Himself; our new creation.

The Biofeedback of it is..( Or Relational aspect of it is), if it's not His vision at that moment then the answer for the moment is simply "no." And if we don't get it right we simply go back to the Asking, seeking with all our strength, and knocking phase of our relationship with Our Lord Jesus Christ. A Christian ways (intentional habits) in the Word and Prayer are vital, critical forks in the road of success vs. failure....

If the life of a Christian is to be pleasing to God it must be properly adjusted to Him in all things. We tend to make shifts to one corner or the other, but God insists we have to be aligned with His balanced approach to it all. Too often we place the emphasis in our own lives upon the application of this principle to some single detail of our behavior or of our work for Him. Often we fail therefore to appreciate either the extent of the adjustment called for or, even, the point from which it should begin. But God measures everything, from start to finish, by the perfections of his Son. The reality of the life of a believer always presents these three aspects- To God, to man, and to satanic powers. To be useful in God's hand a man must be properly adjusted in respect to all three. His position, His life, and His warfare. And this is subject to His calling, His timing, Our reaction time, and our ways intentionally placed at His feet. Man falls short if he underestimates God's requirements of any one of those relationships, and labels one less important than the next. For each is a sphere in which God would express "the glory of His grace."


 
Last edited:
AMEN!..also.agreed thank you! :). Its a pleasure becoming Christ-like with ya.
 
Last edited: