its SAD to SEE that alot of Christian YOUTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mark_seven

its sad to see that some of Christian youth nowadays are more interested in Church activities than studying God's words they becoming activity oriented.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I think this is human nature, for people of any age.
It's always easier to "do stuff" than to spend time alone with God, in study or prayer.

But as societies get worse, then these things are probably also getting worse.

hon2294

Feb 7, 2013
hello mark_seven! welcome and enjoy :)

M

maesha

There are still YOUTH that are interested in both Church activities and studying God's word. But yeah you are right nowadays some youth are more interested in church activities than studying God's word, but church activities? When we do it we still have our devotion before we starts we never forget to study the scripture in all things we do.

hon2294

Feb 7, 2013
both are essential for growth :)

M

maesha

indeed..................... :)

F

felicecan

its sad to see that some of Christian youth nowadays are more interested in Church activities than studying God's words they becoming activity oriented.
....and sometimes forget that prayer is the backbone of any church ministry. :(

N

nevvman

By studing God's word, i assume you meen bible. Let me tell ya my story.
I was very curious person, and i could say it's curse and blessing to me.
Many years i wanna find out the truth. Who am i? Why i live, why a such corrupted world.
And even when i find and accept that Jesus is truth, i still don't wanna believe it. I guess you must understand why, people around us. So many opinions. I understand that there is sin, and wage of sin is death. Many years christians told me, that human can't live pure life. And many my attempts approve this theory. Becouse i try to be good, but sin just overtake me more and more. One day, i watching youtube, testimony about christian in hell, and he return from hell by lord's grace. He say "people stop sin". I believe him, becouse i know everything what he told. Than God show me scripture, where it says: "God is Spirit". Dear brothers and sisters while you live this life in flesh, you will always fall in sin. Only when i realize, that Jesus words: born in spirit, means completly rejection of flesh. I start believing. When you reject self, and surrender to Christ. It's mean living in spirit, as living in faith or, as living in Jesus. I even have funny joke, have you ever think why God create man with stinky shit? :) Let me tell ya, God have fun even in this case. All what comes out of flesh is mostly bad. Feeding self is flesh nature. But christian should live by spirit nature. Anyway, when i put all things together i realize, how many "christians", still live un flesh nature. I left my church, becouse they think it's allright, to love self more, than God. Jesus says, my brothers and sisters are those who do Father's will. I really hope you get my message, while i didn't believe i wasn't intresting in reading of bible. Now i believe, and only now my spirit starts living. I'm hungry for every word. It's living water for my spirit. While kids and many "christians" live for flesh, they feed flesh. Thanks God, that He gave me curiosity. If you wanna know God's will sacrifice self to Him. He will open your eyes. I can tell you all minds from flesh also is against Spirit. Born in spirit means complete rejection of your own flesh. Flesh must die, to let spirit rise. Always search for God's will at 1st, trust Him. That's step in faith. Many churches talks about beautiful life in Jesus christ, but they don't hear voice of God. Becouse these churches live in flesh, and have frendship with world. I know this becouse Holy spirit expose me many things. I must say, when you enter in church, pray for every soul, becouse they sleep in lies. It's not kids fault, that adults play holy church. God bless your Jesus church. And forgive me if i told something wrong. It's my pray and hope word as well to seekers of Father's will.

FIRE_of_ELIJAH

Feb 5, 2013
Ganun talaga yan boy. Naalala ko tuloy kabataan ko hahaha. Nang tanggapin ko si Kristo, sobrang hot ko sa Panginoon, kahit na kung sino sinasabihan ko tungkol sa Gospel para sa kanilang kaligtasan. Bawat uras ay musika ng pagpapala sa Panginoon, pero habang tumatagal ay nanlalamig rin ako, dumating pa nga sa puntong nagbackslide ako, pero babalik at babalik rin, hindi ko matiis na mawala ako sa piling ng Panginoon ng tuluyan. Boy, wala talagang perpekto dito sa mundo. Ang importante ay Hindi mo makalimutan ang Panginoon sa Panahon ng iyong kabataan.

Kung puyde lang huwag mo akong tularan. Kung kaya mong gawin, maging ON FIRE ka palagi sa Panginoon kahit bata kapa. makakaya mo yan thru always pray, fast , daily devotion , pagamit ka palagi sa kanya. Ang daming temptations dyan lalo na ngayon, isusuot mo lang si kristo, what i mean is always filled with the WORD. huwag kang magbackslid.
ok God bless

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Ganun talaga yan boy. Naalala ko tuloy kabataan ko hahaha. Nang tanggapin ko si Kristo, sobrang hot ko sa Panginoon, kahit na kung sino sinasabihan ko tungkol sa Gospel para sa kanilang kaligtasan. Bawat uras ay musika ng pagpapala sa Panginoon, pero habang tumatagal ay nanlalamig rin ako, dumating pa nga sa puntong nagbackslide ako, pero babalik at babalik rin, hindi ko matiis na mawala ako sa piling ng Panginoon ng tuluyan. Boy, wala talagang perpekto dito sa mundo. Ang importante ay Hindi mo makalimutan ang Panginoon sa Panahon ng iyong kabataan.

Kung puyde lang huwag mo akong tularan. Kung kaya mong gawin, maging ON FIRE ka palagi sa Panginoon kahit bata kapa. makakaya mo yan thru always pray, fast , daily devotion , pagamit ka palagi sa kanya. Ang daming temptations dyan lalo na ngayon, isusuot mo lang si kristo, what i mean is always filled with the WORD. huwag kang magbackslid.
ok God bless
I have no idea what Fire_of_Elijah just said, but he's a good guy, so I probably agree with him.

: )

M

mark_seven

one of the cause of this problem is lack of Wisdom, the Bible said that fear of God is the beginning Wisdom
take a look at this way alot of youth go to church be cause thy just want to enjoy activities not to listen to the Word of God, so if you analyzed it their motive is wrong, and if they dont get what they want they will just Go away.

that is lack of Wisdom :(

Wisdom is when you fear God, in that case Do they realy fear God ?? is that the right way Honor God,???? the Creator of heaven and earth, the most High...

the truth is they just want to pleas their self not God :( the mind set is Wrong :(

i think all will agree if i say that this is a huge problem of may Christians nowadays.
and it needs a SOLUTION!

and the solution is GOD, His Words

James 1:5-6
[SUP]5 [/SUP]If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

G

Greatle

true indeed! whew...

hon2294

Feb 7, 2013
i have this classmate who told me that she has just known the Lord and was once invited in their church.
She said she likes to go because of the people, the activities and the fun.
She likes the worship.
she confessed that she is not still growing spiritually and not so much devoted in reading the Word. but it doesnt mean that she does not want to grow. maybe it just takes time, encouragement and guidance for her to really grow. Church activities develop character and encourages other young people to come to know the Lord.

the youth today just really need people to guide them, ive seen that my classmates are really seeking the Lord too. they just need someone to introduce them the bible.

nothing is impossible with God so let us continue praying for the young people, that we may continue to hunger for the Word of God and be filled with wisdom and to know our priorities. :)

God bless u!

W

Will85

It happen to me when I was young. I was very active in church activities but had no foundation with the word. When it was time for me to go out by myself away from my church I eventually backslide for several years. Until I started walking back with him did I see the importance of reading the word. Having a good foundation with the word is so important with our walk with Christ.