I've been scammed, now what?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Have you made a decision what you are going to do yet WomanLovesTX?

Let us know,

Quest

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Have you made a decision what you are going to do yet WomanLovesTX?

Let us know,

Quest
Thanks for asking. Still lots of issues to work through. I can't stop him from his next victims. I probably will not get any payments. On a good note, I do have a little work starting and hoping it will be the answers of my prayers.

T

that_one_guy

well yeah but either way, losing God's money, is somehow a little worse than losing your own. Get it back for God.
wow, god doesn't need anything we have to offer, it's quite the opposite really....

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Thanks for asking. Still lots of issues to work through. I can't stop him from his next victims. I probably will not get any payments. On a good note, I do have a little work starting and hoping it will be the answers of my prayers.
pray for him, not anything specifically, but just lift him up to the lord, allowing the lord to decide what he wants to do with this man.

in his grace,
vic

Jan 8, 2009
okay, that is what you believe. and so you believe that the intent of jesus teaching in matt chapter 5 is to not give your cloak if it is not legal?

interesting.

i don't buy it.
Just reading what it says. "sue thee at the law"

No Jesus is not saying that we should let anyone just take our possessions as they like. That is being an accessory to theft.

Jan 8, 2009
I can't stop him from his next victims.
Yes you can. If this is genuine scam and you're not just taking us for a ride, contact the authorities. Only a phone call away.

I thought being a Christian was about defending the rights of the innocent and the poor and the abused and standing up for what is right and justice in this world. Apparently not. All I see is excuses about why this scammer should be left alone to scam his next victim. Sometimes we dont need to ask God what to do, when the answer is obvious.

Last edited:

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Just reading what it says. "sue thee at the law"

No Jesus is not saying that we should let anyone just take our possessions as they like. That is being an accessory to theft.

you have heard it said, AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH. but i say to you, do not resist him who is evil;

if we resist those who are evil, then we run the danger of partaking in their deeds.

we can take 5 words from the scripture and make it say anything.

if womanlovestexas wants to alert the authorities about this person, (and please understand that i in no way condone his actions,) that is her choice. i do not believe that this action would help her to grow in christ. not to say that it will hurt her, (but it could.)

Jan 8, 2009
Absolute nonsense. You need to learn what Jesus is actually saying here. He's not saying sit by and watch people steal our possessions or murder our families. This is about trivial matters before the courts and legal systems. She is not taking revenge in a tooth for a tooth way. She will be using the God-apointed authorities that God has given us, to see that justice is done, not just for her own sake, but the sake of others who have been or will be scammed by this person.

Reporting this fellow to the authorities , if he is a genuine scammer and there is proof, could help prevent him taking advantage of o ther people.

She seems to think that this fellow will re-offend with others. If so, she has a Christian duty to do something about it before these other people can be scammed too.

Otherwise this level of complacency is the precise reason why our countries are sinking into moral depravity if Christians do not act upon what they know is the right thing to do.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
There seems to be a common reply and that is do whatever I can to stop him. I spoke with an attorney and I was told the best I can do is take him before the local precinct justice of the peace ($60) and have him served to appear on set date ($100). I can go down that right, but I am choosing for now to hold off and see how he responds to the Default on Promissory Note. After 15 days from the time he received letter by certified mail I can do the above things. Just don't really see it as the best option. I plan to keep in touch with him (with my eyes wide open) and keep pleading for payments. I emailed him and asked him to sale his formal dining room furniture that is just collecting dust at the factory warehouse and use that money to pay me at least something.

As for as the young girls go, I spoke with vice and he said they have two officers working on just this kind of situation. What more can I do than that? Nothing that I am aware of.

The law is not going to "go after him" because there are certain kinds of scam and fraud that take precedent, ie consumers defrauded/scammed. Yes, he is a con and a very good one, knowing just how to stay below the radar. Just because I was naive and trusting and willing to "help" in his "crisis" and then realized he was stringing me along and never kept his promises to repay me, it was too late for me. Yes, I am mad! Yes, I have to ask myself "How did an intelligent woman get so stupid?" Then I googled...sociopath, cons, scams, Emotional Rape and read the description of him and me.

I got burnt by a pro and hopefully I'll never be so trusting again. I feel tainted. I always felt naivety was actually a blessing. Being blind to all the evil around us. God's word says "Flee from evil." I did that step first. Secondly I spoke with vice. Thirdly I sent Default letter certified. Now I feel better about myself and not beating myself up so hard and the future is showing a glimmer of light.

I laughed today. I feel healing. I guess at this point I can only say there is not always justice, some of the sharks get away and prey on their next victim. Short of making a fool or nuisance, there is little I can do. (Stupid things like stalk or go to the factory are not options.) I am resolved I can't warn his next victims. The authorities are not going to pursue him. And I'll probably never recover my money.

Seriously, if anyone knows of a specific law man to get in touch with, please contact me. Otherwise, I am resolved that there will be no justice in this life.

Thanks for all of your comments, scriptures, and prayers. If you are a prayer warrior, petition Richard and Janet by name. We are two souls, one ****ed in this life, and perhaps the other ****ed in the next life. Richard stands behind loving God and the Bible, but he even states on his myspace that "the Bible reads you and not you reading it." That is twisted!

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Oh yeah. One more comment that attorney advised. Take him to civil court and try him there just like OJ got. I don't think I am strong enough to do this.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Oh yeah. One more comment that attorney advised. Take him to civil court and try him there just like OJ got. I don't think I am strong enough to do this.
One of these days WomanLovesTx, you will pick up the newspaper and this fellow will be on the front page: "Con Artist Arrested." Then you will tell all your friends about the article and you will feel a sense of relief and almost of fame, because you were part of his story.

It may sound weird, but a con-artist that once stole my wallet with all of my money in it, he made the front page of the newspaper a few years later. They had a huge story on him, all the different ways he conned people. I was quite thrilled by it, because I got to tell everyone about that fellow and show people the article. I felt liberated, and felt almost like I was part of an exciting novel or an historical event of great significance.

Quest

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
UPDATE 7/15/10 - PRAISE GOD! TIME DOES HEAL. THE MAN WHO SCAMMED ME I CONFRONTED AND HE HIT ME. I MADE THE CHARGE WITH PICTURES OF THE ASSAULT. THIS MAY SOUND STRANGE, I WAS ACTUALLY GLAD HE HIT ME AND THAT HE WOULD BE PUNISHED (A MISDEMEANOR C). SO I'LL NEVER GET MY LOANS REPAID FROM HIM OR ANY OF THE OTHER MONIES I INVESTED WITH HIM, BUT I AM OK ABOUT THAT NOW. THIS WEEK I FOUND MYSELF FORGIVING HIM AND MUCH OF THE STRESS AND PHYSICAL PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING....HAVE DISAPPEARED. A WHOLE LOT OF THINGS HAVE HAPPENED IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS THAT WERE GIFTS TO ME FROM GOD. MY FINANCIAL SITUATION PUT ME IN DESPERATION FOR ADVERTISING FOR A ROOMMATE. I DIDN'T GET JUST ONE, I RECEIVED TWO. BOTH STUDENTS AT LACKLAND AFB AND DLI. THE YOUNG MAN IS FROM TURKEY AND SLEEPS ON THE COUCH. THE YOUNG WOMAN IS FROM S. KOREA AND WE SPLIT THE USE OF MY BED. IT MIGHT SEEM CROWDED TO SOME, BUT I LIKE THE FEEL OF COZY AND WE FUNCTION LIKE A FAMILY. THROUGH SUN, MY KOREAN LADY, SHE LED ME TO THE CHURCH I HAD BEEN PRAYING FOR. IT WAS THE MISSIONARIES THAT WERE PICKING UP THE DLI STUDENTS AT THE BASE AND BRINGING THEM TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY MORNINGS. GOD KNEW MY HEART'S DESIRE TO HAVE THAT SPECIAL CHURCH AND FELLOWSHIP I NEEDED AND WANTED. I LOVE THE SHARING OF CULTURE AND TASTING EACH OTHERS COOKING. I HELP THEM WITH ENGLISH AND WITH THEIR SPECIAL HOMEWORK PROJECTS. IN RETURN, THEY PAID ME A LITTLE TO HELP ME MAKE ENDS MEET AND WE SHARE THE COST OF GROCERIES. NOW, I REALLY CAN FORGIVE RICHARD BECAUSE THROUGH GOD BRINGING ME THESE NEW FRIENDS, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DWELL ON THE ROTTEN CROOK, SCAMMER. WHEN I DECIDED LAST WEEK NOT TO TAKE HIM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT, I JUST FELT IMMEDIATE RELIEF. IT IS BEHIND ME. STILL WAITING ON THE COURTS TO SUBPOENA HIM FOR THE ASSAULT CHARGES...SO HIS DAY IN COURT IS COMING.

ANYWAY, JUST WANTED TO SHARE THE GOOD NEWS.

A

AgeofKnowledge

To begin with, it's very sweet that you are so concerned with obeying the scriptures WomanLovesTX.

To conclude, take this son of satan to court and get your money back.
^ Almost squirted Dr. Pepper out my nose from laughing reading this right here.

C

Carols

I got scammed by a person from New Zealand and I am in the US also the person went all out to pretend to be a friend and helpful etc.. etc... so I trusted it cost me a lot of money I could ill afford and its hard if impossible to chase a scammer out of the country. It hurts more than the anger over the money because the person used trust and for me to say anything people don't care anyway and it makes me look bad online but it hurts a lot all I can say is pray for the person and let God handle it it is in his hands thats all I can do. And this person is 44 and will continue to do this to others I have no question but I am asking for everyone here to help me forgive and let go and to pray for this fellow as well his name is Terry thats all anyone needs to know God knows who he is. And WomanlovesTX I will pray for you as well and that God will use what happened to bring this 70 year old who scammed you to Christ. Thats all that matters is that we trust God and know he will make the crooked road straight. I raise both Terry and your friend up that God will touch their hearts. Amen For us we need to understand that there is a true battle going on out there and a spiritual battle as strong or stronger than any war we have seen many of us will get wounded but God can heal and I say this as I have had tears flow tonight from the pain of this so I do under stand what you have gone through.