Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “A Fresh Start”

Fresh starts are something that God designed, not so a person could live in sin and embrace wrongdoing, but to supply the exceptional option of beginning again. If God denied us the opportunity to be forgiven, cleansed, and to rise above a failure, there would be no one in relationship with Him after a very short period of time. So having the opportunity to start fresh, to start anew, to begin again, to have the classic “do-over,” is what God has put into place for those who truly love Him. Those who don’t allow this marvelous magnificent move of mercy on God’s part towards others, are in essence, eliminating themselves. Why in the world would you deny someone else today the very same option that you will need, long for, and desire, tomorrow? God knew that our journey towards eternity would be a most difficult road. He knew that we would need to be encouraged along the way in our faith. So God grants us assurance, that through repentance, grace, and faith, we might always have another chance to correct what we once did incorrectly. "Dear Lord, Thank you for the ability to enter into a renewed lease on life in the land of the living, today!”

1 John 2:1 - My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Proverbs 24:31
And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.

Continued reference to the lazy man and the man void of understanding, and a picture of the result of this man spiritually. The earth was cursed with thorns and thistles because of the fall of man into sin in the Garden of Eden long ago, and the hedge of protection man had previously experienced had been broken down. Now because of sin, the world, the flesh, and the devil ruled over man, and man couldn’t do a thing about it. God had to rush into the Garden to find man and to give man the only answer that would bring him back into fellowship with Him, and protect him, which was a message that pointed to the great Redemptive work at Calvary’s cross (Genesis 3:15).

When there is no understanding which leads to spiritual laziness, the thorns and nettles will begin to cover our lives in ruin, and the wall of protection which is typified here as our faith in the blood of Christ will be broken down. Without faith in the sacrifice of Christ, and I didn’t say a faith that we had at some time in the past, but rather a right now faith in the work of Christ at Calvary, the wall is crumbling and the thorns and nettles of this cursed world is beginning to cover over our lives. The good news is that we can acknowledge the Truth once again, and God will give us repentance, delivering us from the snare of the enemy (2 Timothy 2:24-26).

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“who shall tell you words, whereby you and all your house shall be saved (Acts 11:14).

The conversion of the Gentile, Cornelius, and his household opened up the Gospel to the Gentile world, all according to the Grace of the Cross. However, on a personal basis, the story of Cornelius affords us a great look into the Gospel and its reception. The Scriptures say many wonderful things about Cornelius; but yet, despite those wonderful things, he was still unsaved. The Scripture says this about him:

1. He was “a devout man”: This means he was a moral man.

2. “He feared God with all his house”: Despite the fact of being a Gentile, he recognized there was a God, and feared Him greatly.

3. “He gave much alms to the people”: He was generous with his money, helping the poor, etc.

4. “He prayed to God always”: While wondrously commendable, still, Cornelius wasn’t saved.

5. “He had a Vision which definitely was from the Lord”: What a wonderful experience, but yet, still, he wasn’t saved.

6. In the Vision, he saw “an Angel of God”: This presented an experience of unprecedented proportions, but still he was unsaved.

7. The Angel told him that his “prayers and alms had come up for a memorial before God”: This means the Lord had noted everything that Cornelius had done and was doing, and was extremely favorable toward this Gentile. But yet, Cornelius was unsaved.

To be sure, most all the world, even a great segment of the modern Church, would automatically conclude this man to be saved. But despite all these wonderful things happening to him, and despite his efforts at morality, he still was unsaved.

Why didn’t those things save him?

Salvation only comes one way, and that is by and through the Message of the Lord Jesus Christ, and what He has done for us at the Cross, and our Faith in that Finished Work.

Peter said, “Neither is there Salvation in any other: for there is none other Name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).

To the inquiry of the Philippian jailer, Paul said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved, and your house” (Acts 16:31).

Peter, and those who were with him, came to the house of Cornelius and began to minister to those who were gathered; when he came to the place in his message where he said, “To Him (Jesus) give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name whosoever believes in Him shall receive remission of sins,” evidently Cornelius and those in the house instantly believed, because “the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the Word” (Acts 10:43-44).

All of this simply means that there is no way that one can be saved except by accepting Jesus Christ as one’s Saviour and Lord (Jn. 3:16). It must ever be understood that it is Jesus Christ Who died on the Cross, thereby paying the price for man’s sins, thereby satisfying the demands of a thrice-Holy God. No other did that, only Jesus; consequently, it is in Him that one must believe, or else one cannot be saved, whether they are Jew or Gentile (Jn. 3:16).

What we have just stated, the world does not like! As Cain, they desire to effect their own Salvation; then they demand that God accept it. He won’t! It is Christ, Christ Alone, Who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (Jn. 14:6).”

—Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day)”
Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Seeking Things Above”

When a true Christian begins to honestly evaluate all that God has provided for him in the marvelous experience of salvation, it should bring about a significant change in the direction of that life. We as believers have been united with Christ, crucified with Him, buried with Him, raised with Him, and are now enjoying the quickening power of the Holy Spirit as our life’s power source. Our natural response should be one of a heartfelt searching for the person and desires of God. After all, we have been forgiven all of our sin. We have been made new creations in Christ Jesus. We are no longer under a law that we can't keep, but rather, have been placed under God's Grace which teaches us and empowers us to live holy and righteous from a source completely outside of ourselves. Because of these truths, my mind and my entire inward man should constantly be straining to attain to and better understand the things regarding this God. He has already done so much for me. It just makes sense that if He would make all this available to me, even before I knew Him, how much more can He do in and for me, when I choose to forever and always set my heart upon Him?

Colossians 3:1 - If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Proverbs 24:32
Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.

Do we see and consider well that which God shows us? Do we look upon it to receive the instruction that we desperately need? Will we see and consider this very portion of scripture well? Will we look upon it until we have received the instruction God intends on us having? When we do, He will make the changes that we desperately need. Every Word in the Bible must be seen through the lens of Jesus Christ and His sacrificial work at Calvary or we will not be able to consider it correctly or to see it in its life giving and life changing context (Proverbs 8:8, Romans 1:16-17).

Look through the cross into God’s Word and you will then begin to live!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk (Acts 3:6).

This lame man of our Text had no doubt heard of Jesus. There is no way that he could not have heard of Jesus of Nazareth. Knowing that Christ could heal any disease, he longed for Jesus to pass his way; however, it never happened! Then he heard that Jesus had been crucified. With that, his hopes were dashed to the ground. He would never be healed!

One can imagine the sorrow and the heartache of not being one of the thousands who had been healed by Christ, and now Christ was gone!

When the lame man arose that day, it would be a day like any other: humiliation, shame, a burden on his loved ones, reduced to begging, that was his lot in life. Being lame from his mother’s womb, he had to be carried everywhere he went, as on all other days. As usual, they would lay him daily “at the gate of the Temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them who entered into the Temple” (Acts 3:2).

This day had begun like all others. Why should it be any different?

No doubt, he had been deposited there early that morning. Now the day is moving along. A few shekels are handed to him. It is drawing close to 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Little would he know when 3 o’clock would come and go. Beside that, what did it matter?

He did not realize it, but this particular time was going to become the greatest moment in his life! At 3 p.m., “Peter and John went up together into the Temple at the hour of prayer” (Acts 3:1). As Peter and John started to go through the Gate Beautiful, the lame man “asked an alms.” This was not unusual, because he asked alms of all who came through that Gate.

He never really looked up. His despondency caused him to cast his eyes downward. About all he ever saw was the feet of men and women.

As Peter and John drew abreast of him, mechanically he requested their help. But then he hears one of the men say something to him. Both men are looking at him, and they say, “Look on us.”

He then looks up, “expecting to receive something of them.” But Peter said to him, “Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk” (Acts 3:4-6).

The man heard two things:

First of all, they had no money. His hopes must have fallen when he heard that. But then he heard something else. He heard the Name “Jesus Christ of Nazareth.”

What did they mean by that? Why were they using is Name, when He had been crucified? But, upon hearing that Name, he was immediately quickened, because he linked that Name with healing.

Peter reaches out his hand, motioning for the lame man to join hands with him. When he did, Peter “lifted him up.” The moment he did, the Scripture says, “immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.” But he did not stop there; “leaping up he stood, and walked, and entered with them into the Temple, walking and leaping, and praising God” (Acts 3:7-8). No wonder!

Three o’clock in the afternoon would forever have a special place in this man’s heart. At that moment, he had met Jesus Christ, even though Jesus actually wasn’t there. Still, he knew he could not have been healed but that Jesus Christ, present or not, had effected it!

What must the people have thought who brought him to his place of alms-begging each day and who picked him up each night? When they came that night, they undoubtedly went to the same place where they had laid him down early that morning, but he was not there. They were surely puzzled. Where could he have gone? He couldn’t walk, so who would bother to take him?

Then they must have seen the commotion. What was going on?

They pushed their way through the crowd, and then they see him.

How could it be? He is not only walking, but he is “leaping and praising God.”

The man they brought that morning, who they no doubt had brought many mornings, would not be the same man who would go home with them that night.

How many, down through the centuries, were spiritually lame, despondent, and disconcerted, but then they met Jesus? And they also would never be the same again.

Let the following ever be understood:

This same Jesus is just as alive presently as He was then. He is still healing the spiritually lame!”

Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Rising Above Fear”

No one lives a completely fear free life. The Bible proclaims that fear is something that all men will experience. What we must learn to do as people of faith is to conquer fear whenever it dares to raise its ugly head. If fear is allowed to remain in our hearts and in our minds it can produce all manner of negative results. A person can become paralyzed by fear. At other times, a person might try to eliminate what they fear with a hasty and inappropriate response. Neither reaction is Biblical or correct. The proper counterattack to the experience of fear is to call upon God. As we continually express faith in the person of our God, who has promised to meet our every need, perfect peace that passes all understanding can arrive to eliminate the fear we are experiencing. So when fear makes its unwelcome way into our lives, address it by taking the perceived threat to your Heavenly Father and placing that need into His very capable hands. Then fight the good fight of faith and believe that your Heavenly Father is at work supplying you with all that is needed to overcome whatever situation threatens you. I am glad that I serve a God that can do anything but fail.

Psalm 56:3 - What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Proverbs 24:33
Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

Just as it only takes a little leaven to leaven the whole lump (Galatians 5:9), so it also only takes a little sleep, a little slumber, and a little folding of the hands to sleep, to allow things in our lives that will destroy us. We can look at this in the natural and we will realize that if we do not work with our hands we will not eat (2 Thessalonians 3:1), and suddenly it will be harvest and because we haven’t planted, nor watered, there will be nothing for us but poverty. We can also look at this spiritually which reveals to us that if we are void of understanding and become lazy and sleep right through this life we’ve been given as Christians to walk in the good works that have been ordained for us to walk in (Ephesians 2:10), the day of reckoning will be upon us before we know it. The only answer God has for us all is to maintain faith in the sacrifice of Christ so that He can keep us by His power through faith unto His salvation (1 Peter 1:5). Don’t give up, just keep believing and walking with Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“and saw Heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the Earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the Earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a Voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat (Acts 10:11-13).

This great Vision shown to Simon Peter was one of the greatest in human history. All of the different animals represented in the Vision, almost all of them unclean, as represented by the words, “all manner,” proclaims the fact that the Gospel of Jesus Christ, afforded by the Cross, was meant to go to all nations of the world. In other words, when Jesus died on the Cross, He died not only for the Jewish people, but actually for the entirety of mankind (Jn. 3:16).

There was to be “one fold,” and only one fold. Jesus said, “And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold (meaning the Gentiles): them (the other nations of the world, the Gentiles) also I must bring, and they shall hear My voice (the Church); and there shall be one fold, and one Shepherd” (that One Shepherd is the Lord Jesus Christ [Jn. 10:16]).

This great lesson was hard for Peter and the Twelve to learn. But Christ is “Lord of all” and the Gospel is for “whosoever will” (Acts 10:43).

Peter had proclaimed the election of the Gentiles to Salvation in Acts 2:21, 39, but he was, as we are, so dull and prejudiced that this Vision had to be given to him three times to make him realize the fact (Acts 10:16). As stated, the meaning of all this, as would be obvious, is significant beyond comprehension, because it pertains to the Salvation of the entirety of humanity, at least all who will believe, as afforded by the Cross. The great concept is: “Whosoever will . . .” (Rev. 22:17).

Cornelius and his household were the first to come in under the new order. But thank God this great Vision also included you and me! To know that you and I were in this Vision humbles us, or at least it certainly should!

“Come ye sinners, lost and hopeless,
“Jesus’ Blood can make you clean,
“For He saved the worst among you,
“When He saved a wretch like me!”
(Gen. 12:3).”

Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Preach the Gospel”

I wonder at times what might be done for the kingdom of God if Christians would focus their time and their energy solely on the presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ. How many hours do we spend commenting or reading on social media? How much effort do we put into our favorite social activities? How much time do we spend on leisure or sport? In this busy rush every where world in which we live, we have so many choices. We choose how to spend our money. We choose how to spend our time. We choose to promote this personal agenda or that personal program. I have to wonder what might be done for the cause of Christ if we gave ourselves wholeheartedly to the single task of presenting the Gospel? Sadly, I'm afraid that that just might be the last item on the agenda of many who claim Christ as their Savior. The great commission was the very last thing Jesus told the believers to attend to before ascending back to the Father. Shouldn't we be about the Master’s business? Are you doing everything you can to promote the marvelous knowledge of Jesus Christ to a lost world and a hurting church … today?

Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Proverbs 24:34
So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.

Poverty comes to those void of understanding and lazy, which refers spiritually to the Christian who refuses to fight to maintain their faith in the cross of Christ, but has been seduced and pulled into the schemes the enemy has brought into the church. These schemes are such as the Government of 12, the 21 day fast, the 40 days of Purpose, etc…, but these are all distractions to turn our eyes away from Jesus and His work at Calvary.

Poverty will come upon these as it awaits to destroy them like an armed bandit attacking an unarmed man, which is what Christians are when their faith is not in the cross of Christ (Exodus 32:25). I’ve been there and done that, but thank God for the illumination of His Word as He found me in my despair, my poverty and under attack, and He pulled me safely back within the hedge of the cross of Christ! Shouting glory hallelujah to the Lamb forever and ever!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“and when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people. And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison (Acts 12:4, 6).

James, the brother of John, had just been killed by the sword, and now Herod would do Peter the same way. So Peter is arrested.

The Romans divided the night into four watches; so sixteen soldiers were appointed to guard Peter — four soldiers for each watch — one at each gate and two chained to the prisoner. These four soldiers were relieved at the end of their respective watches. Peter’s release by the Angel must have taken place during the last watch, between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. Herod intended to execute Peter exactly as he had James.

Evidently, the night in question was immediately before Peter was to be executed the next morning (Acts 12:6). The Scripture says, “Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains.”

Could you sleep, knowing that your execution was scheduled for the next morning?

Peter was human like the rest of us, so how could he sleep so soundly on this occasion? The following answers the question.

Just before the Ascension, Jesus had told Peter that he would grow “old” (Jn. 21:18). At the time of his arrest, Peter was probably about 25 or 30 years old, at the most. At any rate, he was not “old.” He knew that Jesus had said that he would grow “old”; knowing that fact had not yet been fulfilled, he knew that the Lord would somehow deliver him from this situation. So he slept soundly!

I seriously doubt, however, that Peter realized that his deliverance would be as dramatic as it actually came to be.

Sometime that night, actually not long before daylight, “the Angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands” (Acts 12:7). Evidently, the guards were asleep, and felt and saw nothing.

The Angel took him out of the cell; the door opened, and a guard was standing there, who also saw nothing. When they came to the “iron gate,” which was the main gate to the prison, it also opened, even though a guard was standing there, who, again, saw nothing.

When daylight came, Peter was gone, and the soldiers had no explanation. How in the world could this man have escaped them, considering that he was chained to two soldiers? Murderous Herod condemned the soldiers to death, even though they were totally bereft of all knowledge of the situation.

From this, we learn just how true the Lord is to His Word.

The question, “Why didn’t the Lord deliver James as He delivered Peter?” also looms large. The Holy Spirit gave us no answer for this question. James, in fact, was the first of the original Twelve to die, not counting Judas, who committed suicide. We do know that the Lord easily could have delivered James. But for His Own Personal reasons, He chose not to do so.

This tells us that some Believers, through no fault of their own, are taken early in life; we must understand, however, that, in everything the Lord does, it is always for the good of all concerned.”

—Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”
Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Abiding”

The Christian is called to abide in Christ. There is no valid argument against the fact that “abiding” is the responsibility of every Christian. The problem Christians face is understanding what the term ”abide” truly means. It is impossible to accomplish the command to abide if we do not have the proper understanding of its meaning. Some people believe and teach that the term abiding indicates the doing of Christian activities. For them, the idea of praying, reading, church attendance, fasting, tithing, and other Biblical actions is understood as abiding. But abiding does not really deal with the work that a Christian accomplishes. Instead, abiding describes resting and trusting in the provision that has previouslyy been established. It has the indication of making one's self at home. Put your feet up! Put on your comfortable clothes. Enjoy the setting. Relish the relationship provided. Freely receive! Abide! Abiding does not indicate that someone needs to earn a position or condition by works. Abiding holds the idea of quietly receiving benefits that have already been secured because of a position granted. Therefore, abiding in Christ is as simple as making oneself at home within the confines and covenant protection of the finished work of Christ.

John 15:4 - Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Proverbs 25:1
These are also proverbs of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied out.

Proverbs are like parables that can be looked at, and through faith in the blood of Jesus, looked into that which will reveal a much deeper meaning concerning God’s Wisdom. The Proverbs of Solomon are considered to be God’s wisdom for His children, but never forget that all of the treasures of God’s wisdom are only found “In Christ” (Colossians 2:2-3).

Apparently the men who were under King Hezekiah, the King of Judah, were the men who were responsible for copying that which was written by Solomon, and they were copying onto new reading materials. The Word of God is the greatest asset we have on the planet as it reveals to us our great God and His wisdom for all matters!!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“now there were in the Church that was at Antioch certain Prophets and Teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon who was called Niger; and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the Tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Separate Me Barnabas and Saul (Paul) for the work whereunto I have called them (Acts 13:1-2).

Very few recognize the significance of the facts stated in the first four Verses of this Thirteenth Chapter of Acts. This occasion takes place several years, possibly as many as nine, after the conversion of Paul. Even though the Church began, in a sense, with the conversion of Cornelius and his household, all Gentiles, its systemized order began with the sending forth of Paul.

During these intervening years, i.e., from the time Paul was converted until now, the Lord had given him the meaning of the New Covenant, which was, in effect, the meaning of the Cross. Paul gave that to us in his fourteen Epistles. He was called by the Lord to be the Masterbuilder of the Church, which could not be until this great Revelation was given to him (Gal. 1:12).

The Holy Spirit, in this account of the missionary journey, refers to both Paul and Barnabas as Apostles (Acts 14:4, 14).

As it obvious, Paul and Barnabas were not of the original Twelve. The Holy Spirit names as Apostles over twenty individuals in the New Testament. “Apostle” is one of the fivefold Ministry callings, and is, in fact, apropos even unto this hour (Eph. 4:11).

Apostles are not elected by popular ballot, neither are they appointed by men. The Office of the Apostle is a Call of God. An Apostle is recognized by the significance of the Message which He proclaims. In other words, the Holy Spirit will place a special and powerful emphasis on a particular Message, which will always be exactly according to the Word of God. With Paul, one might say that he was the Apostle of Grace, or the Apostle of the Cross. That was his emphasis.

Others may have the same emphasis, even as did Barnabas, etc.

Under the Headship of Christ and the Leadership of the Holy Spirit, Apostles set the course for the Church. This is what the Holy Spirit intends. In the Old Testament times, there were no Apostles, because there was no Church. Prophets served in the capacity of leadership for Israel of old.

This great missionary journey, actually the first, was also the beginning of what we refer to as “Western Civilization.” Through Paul, the Gospel would go west, because the Holy Spirit knew that the reception would be greater in that direction. When you read the account of this first Missionary effort, as recorded in the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Chapters of Acts, you should also read your Salvation into these two Chapters, because the Gospel that Paul and Barnabas gave to the Gentile world ultimately came to you and me.

From this account, we learn that the Holy Spirit, a Person Who “speaks” and “sends,” was the Director of all proceedings. He was the Source of their Apostolate; He energized them.

Incidentally, the First Miracle recorded on this First Missionary journey was the making blind of one Elymas the Sorcerer, who withstood Paul and Barnabas, “seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith” (Acts 13:7-12). Remarkably, this was also the moment chosen by the Holy Spirit to introduce the change of Paul’s name from the Hebrew “Saul” to the Greek “Paul.” This tells us that all who reject the Message of Grace, as proclaimed by Paul, which is, in effect, the Message of the Cross, will become spiritually blind!”

—Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”
Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Purity of Christ”

There was one, born of a woman, born under the law, who traveled through the entirety of His life and never failed in any aspect of obedience to the holy law of God. This man never stumbled; not in action, not in spirit, not in thought, nor in deed. He traveled the common pathway of men and faced a far more strident opposition from spirits of darkness than any other man before Him or since. He was tempted in all points as we are but never one time gave in, gave out, groveled, or gestured an improper response to any created being. He was and is the perfect, pure, peaceful, and all powerful one. At the peak of His purity He chose to lay down his perfection on the altar of sacrifice and pay the price for man’s redemption through the spilling of His innocent, blameless, and undefiled blood. He willingly gave His life to pay the price for every man’s sin. He gave His purity for the impure. He offers His perfection to the imperfect masses of humanity. And now, whosoever will can have the stain of sin forever eliminated by simply, in faith, calling upon His name; the name of Jesus!

Hebrews 7:26 - For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries