Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Passion for Christ” June 22

Can a person be saved and not be consumed with a passion for Christ? Can Jesus be just another “add-on,” an extra, a sideline relationship? Can a believer be forgiven of sin, freed from the power of darkness, translated into the kingdom of God’s dear Son and pay little or no attention to the one who orchestrated and carried out this marvelous deliverance? A person would have to be ungrateful, hard-hearted, and self-centered to maintain this spiritual attitude. It makes far more sense to assume that a person who had been forgiven much would love much. If Christ truly produces a life free from fear, anxiety, and unresolvable heartache, that the recipient of such blessings would live a Christ-centered life. It seems that they would also express a desire to share their experience with others. So why is it that a person who is totally Christ centered, on fire for God, constantly in the scripture, controlled by the Spirit, and attentive to prayer is considered a religious fanatic? Does it not seem right that something so life-changing as a living relationship with Jesus Christ should be the dominant theme of that person’s life. Does your heart burn with an ever-consuming passion for Christ? If not, why not?

1 Corinthians 8:3 - But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Galatians 2:2
And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Paul the Apostle went to Jerusalem fourteen years after his first visit because of the revelation of the cross he had received from the Lord, which he had been preaching among the Gentiles. He only brought the message specifically to those who were of reputation in Jerusalem because to risk being at odds with the other Apostles/Disciples of Christ would cause problems that may rip the newly born Church apart and could misrepresent God’s purpose and intention through both him and them.

Do not forget the context of this letter which was to the Galatians concerning their falling away from grace (Chapter 1:6-9, 5:1-4), and will continue momentarily with that context. This which we are reading presently in the letter is all a part of that focus. Look ahead in this chapter to verses 11-14. God is reaching through the Apostle Paul to the Church in Galatia, and at the time which this letter was written, it no longer mattered to Paul who might read it such as the other Apostles/Disciples, for some of it is actually about them. The revelation of the cross (Romans Chapters 6-8) is most vital to the Church, and without it many will lose their way, or at least never be able to bear fruit properly! Study for yourselves.

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

SHARE the gospel of Jesus Christ on Social media!
Youtube: curtishutchinson316
6/22/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (Jn. 1:1).

In this First Chapter of the Gospel of St. John, we are given a compendium of the entirety of the Word of God.

The first Verse tells us that Jesus, as the Living Word, is the same as the Written Word. This means that the entirety of the Bible, in some way, is the story of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, and unequivocally so. Then the Scripture says, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His Glory, the Glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father,) full of Grace and Truth” (Jn. 1:14).

We are told here that “the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,” which means that He came to this world for a specific purpose. To do what He had to do, God would have to become Man, hence the Incarnation. The Creator would become a creature. Unthinkable! But yet it happened.

The Scripture then said, “The next day John (John the Baptist) sees Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world” (Jn. 1:29).

Why did John refer to Christ as “the Lamb of God”? Why not “the Lion of the Tribe of Judah”?

The Holy Spirit had John to refer to Jesus as “the Lamb of God” for a specific purpose and reason. He would be what all the millions of lambs had represented since the dawn of time, the Perfect Sacrifice. That is the reason He came!

The destination of the Son of God was the Cross, ever the Cross!

Concerning this, the Prophet Isaiah said, “I gave My back to the smiters, and My cheeks to them who plucked off the hair: I hid not My face from shame and spitting.

“For the Lord GOD will help Me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set My face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed” (Isa. 50:6-7).

Calvary was ever before Him because His mission was to liberate the fallen sons of Adam’s lost race.

And that He did!”

— Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”)
Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Dealing With Burdens” June 23

Burdens are a fact of life. As much as we might wish that this was not so, it is so. Some burdens are exhausting but not suffocating. Some burdens are irritating but not overly strenuous. Other burdens are so heavy they become unbearable. They steal joy, confidence, hope, faith and the peace of the believer. Often coupled with the agony of grief comes the back breaking addition of demonic oppression. These two opponents combined are so debilitating that most human beings find the dilemma overwhelming. They are crushed beneath the cumbersome load of despair. But my friend, there is an answer to the burden you face. His name is Jesus. When you by faith look to Him, He is able to come alongside you and lift the load from your shoulders. He alone can settle your soul and set your spirit free. He has walked where you walk. He understands the feebleness of the human form and the inabilities that exist in His highest creation. Trust Him and He will draw near. Call on His name and He will answer. Wait for Him and in due season, He will deliver. He is the believer's burden bearer and a true balm for the wearied soul.

Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:3
But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

When we read verses 3-5 we will see the very reason Titus, who was a Gentile, refused to be circumcised. He knew that his Salvation was by faith in Christ alone, and that it was his heart that had been circumcised by the Lord Himself (Romans 2:29). He also had been taught by Paul that if we are trusting in circumcision, Christ would profit us nothing (Galatians 5:2), and if that is what men trust in, they have to do the entirety of the Law (Galatians 5:3), and in no way can they do that.

When men are using God’s Word without the reference of Christ and His Redemptive plan as our only object of faith, they are FOR SURE attempting to bring us into bondage (v. 4). The question for today’s Church is, how much longer will we continue to support this sort of ministry with our time, effort and finances? The actual command is not to give these ministries any place other than prayer so that the Truth of the Gospel might continue to go forth among the Churches of the Lord Jesus Christ (v. 5). Cling to the Lord Jesus Christ and His work at Calvary, and see every Scripture through that work, and you will surely find the very things Jesus died for you to have!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

6/23/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
THE SPIRIT OF LAWLESSNESS

In 2 Thess. 2:7 Paul gave insight into the most prevalent evil spirit that would be at work in the world in the last days. He wrote "For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way." The KJV uses the word "iniquity" but literally it is the word "lawlessness." Paul was referring to the spirit of antichrist that was already working in the Roman Empire of his day, but would increase the closer the time came for THE antichrist to be revealed. Paul referred to it as the "mystery of lawlessness." "Mystery" refers to something hidden, covered in order not to be seen. The spirit of lawlessness works behind the scenes, undercover from plain sight so as not to be exposed. "Lawlessness" literally means "no law, no restraints, no limitations." In secular society, it is the satanic spirit that works undercover in order to remove Godly restraint/laws in civil nations. Even more so, this lawlessness is against the laws of God, whether spiritual, moral, or natural laws. The spirit of lawlessness attacks what God declares as truly spiritual, moral, and natural in His Word. What is happening in the USA and the world today? The spirit of lawlessness is at work, and working very hard.

Unfortunately, God's people can distance themselves so much from the Source of discernment, Jesus Christ, the Word of God, that they can come under the influence of the spirit of lawlessness, and not even realize it. God's Word declares what true spirituality is, a relationship with God by faith in the crucified & risen Savior Jesus Christ. It is not a relationship based on our preferences, but what God has declared in His Word. True morality is found in the love expressed by Christ in giving His life on the cross. The ground at the cross is level, ALL are welcome and treated with love and mercy. True God-given natural laws are exemplified the most in the family by a man united with a woman in holy marriage bringing forth children in the love and fear of God.

The spirit of lawlessness will promote another Jesus, another spirit, and another gospel (2 Cor. 11:4). We need to be focused on Jesus Christ, His finished work on the cross, and His Word. At the same time, be & do what He has called us to be & do, salt and light of the Gospel in this world, so that we can discern what is of God and what is not. It will not be long before the church is raptured; i.e. "taken out of the way." Let us spread the Gospel until that time comes.

Cornell Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
High Times
————————————————-
Now is not the time to throw in the towel. It is not a time to become complacent and comfortable. It is most definitely not the time to sit back and spectate from a “I’m not in it” spot on the bench. Whether we want to or not, it is time to get on the battlefield for our Lord! The time is now to speak up and say what thus said the Lord! Despite the controversy or rejection, the only thing that is going to stand is God’s word.

If there has ever been a time for the children of God to speak and also reflect; who Jesus is and what He has done, it is now! It is clear that the last days are upon us! Ready or not, Jesus is coming soon for His bride! One that is saved, sanctified, and set apart waiting with her lamp trimmed and burning bright. Making a profession without the proper works is not enough. As believers, when we accept Christ in our hearts, it should reflect in our daily walk through our words, along with our deeds. There are many who are making a proclamation of faith with no works, or fruit. It is time to awake from our slumber and do the work of the Lord.

As the days are filled with more wickedness, it seems that the Church has been lulled to sleep by selfish personal agendas and motifs. Many have been pulled so far to the left and right that we have forgotten the plum line, which is Christ. If we take a moment and think about our joy and zealousness when we first came to Christ. How did we get so consumed with all the things of this world? What happened to the joy of just telling people about Jesus? When did Christianity become so political that our salvation rests upon how we vote or not? When did the truth change because of “who’s saying it,” instead of what Jesus said? There is not a name under heaven who has the authority to change truth. Wake up people of God! I pray that the Lord take us back to when we first believed. When we were consumed by His love, and full of joy unspeakable!

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Rom 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Pastor Mario Nash Sr.
Evangelist Torrance Nash Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Need for Peace” June 24

Peace is that special feeling of well being that comes when all is right with your world. What if you could experience that supernatural peace at anytime or in any place? What if that kind of phenomenal peace could sweep over your soul right in the midst of the horrific, the horrible, or the horrendous. The Bible believing Christian, the truly “born-again” individual, has access to this kind of supernatural peace. The peace that I speak of is not contingent upon circumstances. There is a peace that can override and overrule every attack of the enemy, every wayward emotion, and every sudden appearance of fear. This peace can only be supplied by the Lord Jesus Christ. His is a peace so powerful that it cannot be stymied or stopped. It comes to all who will simply place their lives and situations into His very capable and nail-scarred hands. When we truly turn our stressful circumstances in life to the Lord, He will reassure our heart with a covering of peace that passes all understanding. What are you waiting for? He is available to every believer at all times for every need. Turn that situation over to Him and let His presence bring sweet peace to your soul.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:4
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Paul is now giving the reason that Titus, who was a Greek Gentile, refused to be circumcised. Thank God for Titus, as he stood in the Grace of God and would not be moved by the FALSE brothers who came in to spy out their new found liberty which they had received in Christ. Those who teach Law/Works whether it’s done in ignorance or intentionally while ignoring the Truth with a heart of rebellion against the work of Christ at the cross, only do it in an attempt to bring others into the same oppressive bondage they themselves are in. Most of this takes place in ignorance through deception, but God doesn’t wink at it, and the bondages cannot be escaped without proper biblical faith in the cross.

When we give way to anything other than that which points us to Christ and His work at the cross, we are moving through the lust of our own flesh into an oppressive bondage. When the Sin Nature is dominating, and believe me, it is when we are trusting in anything other than the cross of Christ, we are being oppressed and can only minister an oppressive message for an already born again Church. Positive and factual words are not the same and do not hold the power that the Words of Truth contain. Positive, factual and what seems to be encouraging words without the Truth are bringing harm and holding an already oppressed church further into that oppression. Stick with the Grace that came to you when you first believed in Christ and His atoning work at Calvary, for we are surrounded by, and many more will come in the attempt to bring us into that old bondage of Law and Oppression again!

6/24/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Rejecting God’s Light” June 25

Light rejected is light withdrawn. When God opens the door of understanding and reveals truth, it is incumbent upon the one to whom truth was revealed to accept it. When one accepts truth they should begin the process of plumbing it's depth. There is always far more that God wants us to see than just an initial truth. The believer must not push away revelation, the study of the revelation, nor the application of the revelation. If at anytime the believer fails to follow through with his responsibility regarding the light given, then light begins to dim. What was meant to shine brightly into the life of the individual can quickly be changed into something obscure, dark, and hidden. God expects us to accept truth when it is given. He becomes angry when truth is ignored or rejected. So whenever God opens your heart and mind to something you have never seen before, be sure to attend to it wisely. Let what has been added to you produce the full benefit that God intends. Understand the truth that light rejected brings a negative response from the Lord. These are spiritual laws that God does not alter or change for anyone. When God reveals the truth, do not push it away. The price is too high!

Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:5
To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

This is the very reason for much criticism and behind the scenes backbiting toward those who no longer allow those who do not know the sanctifying power of the cross to preach in their pulpits, OR let me say it the way Paul did, “No we will not give place (Our pulpits) to them, “NO”, not even for an hour. Why? So that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. We are only concerned with the Truth of the Gospel, for therein lies the power the Church needs. Titus was in no way going to be circumcised, because to him it would be subjecting himself to those who were attempting to bring him into their own bondage of oppression, which is all that exists under Law.

Jesus Christ died for us, and we died with Him (Galatians 2:20), so that we could live free from the curse of the Law. Now through faith in the cross, we can watch the Righteousness of the Law being fulfilled in us as we walk “After the Spirit” (Romans 8:4), and not the flesh. Everything Jesus died to give those who will believe is free (1 Corinthians 2:12), as this is one of the main reasons we have received His Spirit. While we are trusting in what Christ has provided for us in His death at the cross, we will find the Spirit of God doing everything that needs to be done according to His will. This is called Grace, and there is no other avenue. If the Lord has given us this great Truth of the Cross of Christ, let us not go back and confuse the people of God with a mixture again, for the mixture is what got us into trouble to begin with! Remember, the cross PLUS anything is our statement to God that the cross wasn’t enough!

6/25/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
All God’s Word’s are In Righteousness (Proverbs 8:8). Join us this morning for our Romans Chapter 12 bible study and hear the Truth of God’s Word which reveals His Righteousness (Proverbs 12:17).

Romans 12 Pt. 3
Live - Pastor Curtis FB page and the Curtishutchinson316 Youtube channel. Everyday is a new day when your walking with the Lord!
8:30 AM

Pastor Curtis was live.

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “You Can Recover All” June 26

Have you ever suffered a devastating loss? Losses that are of a financial nature can be extremely troubling. The loss of a job causes one to lose a sense of security, especially when one lives paycheck to paycheck. At times we may suffer the loss of a home or a vehicle. We may even lose or have taken away things of an intangible nature; things such as prestige, a good reputation, or a platform of prominence. Perhaps some failure, some sin, has stolen away from you that which you deemed as precious? When King David suffered a great loss at Ziklag, the scripture says that he encouraged himself in the Lord. He began to seek the Lord about the recovery of what had been lost. 
The Lord instructed him to pursue after the enemy and that he would recover all. So if a devastating loss has occurred in your life, recall to mind the truth that God is able to restore everything that has been lost. As a matter of fact, He is even able to add to your life so that you have more in the end than you ever had at the beginning. Start right now to encourage yourself in the Lord. In Christ, you can recover all and more!

Joel 2:25 - And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:6
But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

These religious and FALSE brothers who privately WERE BROUGHT into the Jerusalem meetings while Paul, Barnabas and Titus were there, came only in an attempt to bring them back under the same oppressive bondage in which they were being chained spiritually due to their rejection of Christ. Obviously because Paul mentions that God accepts “no man’s person”, meaning their money status, community status, gifted status, NOR ANYTHING else, he was referring to the false brothers attempt to use their influence they thought they had. This is what all those today hate about those who have become determined to know nothing other than Christ and Him Crucified, “They can no longer control them”. Glory to God, now that will make a free man shout!!

Paul said that whatever they SEEMED to have, or to be, could not add anything to him, because God accepts nothing nor anyone outside of their acceptance and continued trust in Christ and His death at the cross (Acts 4:12). So many today get in pulpits and put on fleshly displays hoping to draw God’s people into their “Seeming to be Somewhat”, but Paul says his “Preaching was with demonstration and power of the Spirit”, which was the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 2:2-4). The power remains today to be in the preaching of the cross according to what God says, but men attempt to go around what God says, and of course their minds are corrupted from the simplicity that is “In Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:3). Stick with Christ and Him crucified, and you will find the power of God He has promised you!

6/26/2020

Pastor Curtis