Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
When all the dust settled, David stood victorious over the slain giant Goliath. If we’ll believe God through all the noise and see past how big the trial is, we too will be victorious because our heavenly David(Jesus) already won the victory for us!

Evangelist Torrance Nash Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Living Water” June 27

Jesus promised that those who came to Him in faith would receive “living water.” The water that He spoke of was the promise of the Holy Spirit. How awesome to know that the Holy Spirit lives in our hearts. He is always there, day or night, in troubled times or in times of great joy. He is there to lead the believer into all truth. He is there to convict us when we get off track. He is there to reveal the truth of God’s Word. He is there to aid the believer in worship. Jesus died on Calvary to make this “living water” available. By bearing my sin penalty on Calvary, Jesus paved the way for the Spirit to live inside of me. Oh how grateful I am for this “living water.” It transcends religion, rules, rituals, and regimens and brings on righteous relationship. It rises to drown out every doubt and fear. This living water creates a love in my soul for the things of God, the Word of God, and the person of God. What a magnificent wonder that Emmanuel - “God with us,” is alive and well in me. My friend; I encourage you to take a drink of this water, for after doing so you will never thirst again!

John 7:37-38 - In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. (38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Galatians 2:7
But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Paul had been accepted by the Apostles in his calling by God unto the Gentiles (Uncircumcision) just as Peter was to the Jews (Circumcision). There is no different Gospel, but only one, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what He provided through His death for ALL at the cross (Hebrews 2:9). When his ministry was perceived to be of God, the men (Judaizers) who had been BROUGHT IN were shocked to say the least. Never forget that this letter was to the Churches in Galatia concerning events that had taken place previously with the intention of waking them up to what the Judaizers were attempting to do TO THEM also.

It is the same today as many, and to be frank, most all preachers, are using God’s Word without pointing to what Jesus accomplished at the cross. Yes it is wrong, because ALL God’s Words are “In Righteousness” (Proverbs 8:8), and His Righteousness is only revealed “In the Gospel from faith to faith” (Romans 1:16-17). God’s Righteousness only comes UNTO and UPON (Romans 3:22) those who BELIEVE in the very work of Righteousness carried out at the cross by Christ (Isaiah 32:17). No matter which doctrine/teaching we find in the Word of God, the Truth, power and experience of that doctrine/teaching is only experienced when seen and believed with the heart unto Righteousness (Romans 10:10). Knowledge is increasing in these last days and I hope you are not missing out on it!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

SHARE the gospel of Jesus Christ on Social media!
Youtube: curtishutchinson316
6/27/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Lonely Road” June 28

The Christian experience is the most wonderful experience afforded to a human being. But as Christians, we must also prepare ourselves for difficult times. The Bible tells us that every one of us must endure the trial of our faith. To think that these times will never occur is not a reasonable expectation. To believe that every day will bring forth a heinous trial is not faith. Our hearts must be prepared for a balance of experiences. We must each walk this pathway in solitude; for it is our faith alone that is truly on trial. Satan is not after your body, your money, your house, your job, or your health. He has designs on your faith. For if he can destroy your faith, he can gain your soul. So weary Christian, know that the road may be long and difficult. At times it may seem impossible to traverse. But it is in these desolate times where one often truly obtains intimate fellowship with Jesus Christ. He too walked many a lonely road and He knows our limitations. He is the only one we can thoroughly lean on. And while the circumstance faced is certainly unlovely, our fellowship with Christ during these times on the lonely road is most glorious. March on!

Psalm 16:11 - Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:8
(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, THE SAME was mighty in me toward the Gentiles)

Paul reminds his readers in the Churches of Galatia and those today who have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying that Peter’s Apostleship to the circumcision (Jews) worked effectively and that THE SAME Spirit with THE SAME Gospel was mighty in Paul toward the uncircumcision (Gentiles). It was THE SAME God, Christ, Holy Spirit and Gospel that would be used in, on and through both men, for the ministry is ALWAYS the ministry of Reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18) unto Righteousness and Holiness.
The Bible is God’s Word (Psalm 119:105) and Jesus Christ, The Son of God, is the Living Word of God (John 1:1-2,14). We live by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4), yet there is no Life without Christ (John 14:6), therefore every Word of God must be seen through and in the context of the One who said the Scriptures are about Him (Luke 24:44-46, John 5:39, Psalm 40:7, Hebrews 10:7). When we return to the search for our faithful Lord in the Scriptures, we will find His Righteousness which He shows us when we allow Him to bring us to the Light (Psalm 37:6, Psalm 97:11, Proverbs 12:7, Micah 7:9).

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

6/28/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Rely On the Lord” June 29

Who can you trust? Who in your life have you found that you can rely on? Who has proven themselves faithful, consistent, and ever present in your time of need? How many people have you found that you can depend upon in a time of desperation? How many people make themselves available to you during a difficult or troubling time? To be honest, most people are uncomfortable around trouble that does not involve or affect them. But I have to testify that in the decades in which I have known and served the Lord Jesus Christ, there has never been a circumstance in which He has failed to supply all that I required. Every bill has been paid. Every financial need has been met. Every sickness that attached itself to my physical frame has been overcome. Every sorrow has been eased and every difficult issue has been resolved. Of highest import, every failure, every sin, every act of stupidity, neither exasperated Him or ever chased Him away. I have found a sure Savior, a righteous redeemer, and a constant companion. He has not helped me because of my goodness, my faithfulness, or my consistency. All these attributes belong solely to Him. So to Jesus, my precious friend, to you alone will I pledge my trust.

Psalm 9:10 - And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord , hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Oh how wonderful it is when Christians recognize the call of God upon each other’s lives and are in agreement with them concerning their calling. Paul says that it is God’s Grace which was recognized by James, Cephas (Peter) and John, which were those who seemed to be the pillars/leaders among the early Church. GOD’S GRACE IS ALWAYS WHAT GOD IS DOING, and those who are walking by Grace through Faith will be able to see when others ARE, OR ARE NOT walking upright according to the Truth of the Gospel (Galatians 2:14).

Here we see there is still a distinction between those who were Jews, and those who were outside of the Jewish nation which were called “Heathen.” Nevertheless, the Way of Salvation remains the same for all, but ministers obviously have different callings, directions and giftings by the same Spirit and always by the Grace of God. Grace is ALWAYS a work of the Spirit, for God’s Word refers to The Holy Spirit as “The Spirit of Grace” (Hebrews 10:29). Therefore once again we reiterate that GOD’S GRACE IS ALWAYS WHAT GOD IS DOING, and that His Grace is only found in the Truth (Colossians 1:6), and of course must be, because ALL of God’s Works are done (Grace) in Truth (Psalm 33:4).

6/29/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Anticipating Christ’s Return” June 30

Anticipation is excitement that is tinged with a touch of suspense. Someone filled with expectation of an event that is about to occur is both excited and perhaps a little nervous. Anticipation was present in the days right before my children or grandchildren were born. We knew it was going to happen but we just did not know when. The signs were all around us that the new arrival was about to make their big debut. We knew what to expect but we didn’t know exactly what was coming. When loved ones are separated for a time, the event of being joined together again is preceded by the anticipation of the reunion. As believers, we ought to live in anticipation of the Lord’s return. Are you living with a true anticipation that Jesus could return at any moment? Are you ever just a little “giddy” at the thought that today just might be the day you meet Jesus face to face. If we lived our lives believing that Jesus was soon to return, what things about our lives might we change? If you somehow knew He would be here this time next week, how would you live out that last week? He is coming back you know. It just might be today!

Acts 1:10-11 - And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:10
Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
The agreement and direction between Paul and the leaders in Jerusalem was that he and his ministry would remember the poor, which Paul said he was already planning to do. There were many poor among the Believers in that day because when they accepted Christ, they were cast out of their homes, fired from their jobs and rejected by all other than those who were Christians. Similarly today, some of the same things happen today when Christians really begin to Live the Christian Life, and have more going on than a couple of church meetings a week. When anyone moves in closer and closer to Jesus, the ones who refuse to will always have a problem with them. A deceptive and evil heart will tell us we are close to the Lord while we are actually FAR from Him (Matthew 15:8).

To deny self, take up one’s cross DAILY, and follow Christ, which by the way is the requirement to be able to follow Jesus (Luke 9:23, 14:27), is taking place in the Christian’s life, much resistance and criticism is experienced from those who also claim to be Christian but are still trapped in the world by the fear of man (What men think). The cross is the power and the place of separation among all humanity. The devil isn’t worried about folk going to church unless they are going to worship God, and to be equipped for the work of the ministry through hearing the PREACHING OF THE CROSS! Some of you reading this are about to have changes take place in your life that you never expected, and you will either fall away from the Lord or you will run to Him with new desires to hear His Words taught in its proper context.

6/30/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “God’s Continued Presence” July 1

The assurance that the believer has regarding the promise of God’s continual presence in our lives remains validated by two primary witnesses. First is the witness of scripture. There could never be a more solid foundation upon which a promise lies than that of scripture. God watches over His Word to ever perform it. This is synonymous with His character and His person. He is not a man that He will lie. What He ...says in His Word He will accomplish. Therefore, when God says He will not leave us or forsake us, He means exactly that! At times we may feel that He has forgotten us, but if you will wait for the conclusion of the current matter, you will find that He is always true to His Promise. Second is the witness of personal experience. At what point in time has God ever failed you? He always works all things together for our good. When I thought that everything I had hoped for was all over, God was just getting started. God loves us so much that on certain occasions He will appear to be late. But it is always for our good. His Word and the facts that surround His working in your life testify to just how faithful God is!

Hebrews 13:5 - Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 2:11
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
This verse doesn’t just change topics completely, but rather brings the same Peter that had agreed with Paul’s calling to the heathen (Gentiles), into another meeting which had taken place in Antioch. This time Peter was found enjoying himself in the liberty he had In Christ with his Gentile Brother’s there in Antioch, but when some from James’ church showed up, he was moved by fear, and legalism quickly rushed into his heart, and he found himself trapped and to be blamed as a hypocrite.

Paul had to stand against Peter, even to his face because he was to blame. This speaks not only of his actions as though he was back under the Law, but others also followed him into this sin of hypocrisy, which is also the sin of respecting persons in this case. He was to be blamed. Always remember that although Peter remained Righteous in God’s eyes, his actions were no longer Righteous in God’s eyes. The Christian being justified and Righteous In Christ is one thing, while our daily lives (Sanctification), the experience of that Righteousness is something other. Both are of utmost importance to the Lord and should be to us also!

7/1/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Walk Worthy!

As born again believers it is vital that we have sound doctrine, but equally as important, our walk with God should exemplify that doctrine! To be clear, there must be a demonstration of Jesus! Yes, we should have and understand proper biblical theology, but as well there must be practical application of what we believe and preach!

In the book of Ephesians Paul lays out clearly Christian doctrine, tell us of our wonderful position in Christ, and the awesome privileges we have in Christ! He tells us that we were dead in sin, but that through Christ’s finished work at Calvary we have been quickened, and that because of sin we were alienated from God, but through the blood of Christ we can draw nigh to him! What’s interesting in Paul’s letters is that he opens up with doctrine/theology, and he closes his letters with practical application! Ephesians is no different in that he tells us in chapters 1-3 that we have been made holy, and in chapters 4-6 that we must live holy! In chapter 4 we are told to walk worthy of the vocation, meaning that our lifestyles should measure up to the lofty position we have in Christ. It’s one thing to profess salvation, but we are called to do more than make mere profession, but we must live holy lives. Our text tells us not to just talk worthy, but to walk worthy, which means that our goal as Christians should be Christ-likeness in every aspect of our lives! The beauty of this all is that we have help, the person and work of the Holy Spirit to work within our lives to produce fruit!

Let’s be the church, live like the church, love the Lord God, love our fellow man, which is only possible if we evidence faith in the person and work of Christ! My encouragement to all of us is to go beyond words, and in our thoughts and actions live lives that are pleasing to our Heavenly Father!

Ephesians 4:1
I therefore the prisoner of the Lord beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation wherewith you are called.

Pastor Torrance Nash
Evangelist Torrance Nash Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “God Can!” July 2

Every day we face a choice to believe as to whether God will meet our needs or not. He has promised in His Word that He will supply our every need. God does not look to man to earn the blessings needed to overcome the obstacles of the day. God does not require a routine, a discipline, or a ritual that once accomplished guarantees His participation in our problem. God is ready to share His blessing, His influence, and His power ...with all those who will believe that God can and God will. We are called upon to enter into the good fight of faith. We are very quick to place our faith in what we do but God desires that we place our faith in what Christ has already done. Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary opened the door of provision so that God might meet every need of the believer. With our faith resting securely upon Christ's finished work, we can be assured that God can and God will meet our need. Man will usually ask, "can God?" instead of making the affirmation, "God can!" Which statement of the two is in your heart and mouth today? I chose to believe that thanks to Calvary, God can and God will!

Mark 11:22 - And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries