Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
For the things that are written shall indeed be made manifest. There shall come deceivers among My people in increasing numbers, who shall speak forth the truth and shall gain the favor of the people. For the people shall examine the Scriptures and say, "What these men say is true." Then when they have gained the hearts of the people, then and THEN ONLY shall they bring out these wrong doctrines. Therefore, I say that you should not give your hearts to men, nor hold people's persons in admiration. For by these very persons shall Satan enter into My people. WATCH FOR SEDUCERS. Do you think a seducer will brandish a new heresy and flaunt it before the people? He will speak the words of righteousness and truth, and will appear as a minister of light, declaring the Word. The people's hearts shall be won. Then, when the hearts are won, they will bring out their doctrines, and the people shall be deceived. The people shall say, "Did he not speak thus and thus? And did we not examine it from the Word? Therefore he is a minister of righteousness.��This that he has now spoken we do not see in the Word, but it must be right, for the other things he spoke were true."��Be not deceived. For the deceiver will first work to gain the hearts of many, and then shall bring forth his insidious doctrines. You cannot discern those who are of Me and those who are not of Me when they start to preach. But seek Me constantly, and then when these doctrines are brought out you shall have a witness in your heart that these are not of Me. Fear not, for I have warned you. Many will be deceived. But if you walk in holiness and uprightness before the Lord, your eyes shall be open and the Lord will protect you. If you will constantly look unto the Lord you will know when the doctrine changes, and will not be brought into it. If your heart is right I will keep you; and if you will look constantly to Me I will uphold you.��The minister of righteousness shall be on this wise -- his life shall agree with the Word, and his lips shall give forth that which is wholly true, and it will be no mixture. When the mixture appears then you will know he is not a minister of righteousness. The deceivers speak first the truth and then error, to cover their own sins which they love. Therefore I exhort and command you to study the Scriptures relative to seducing spirits, for this is one of the great dangers of these last days.��I desire you to be firmly established in My Word and not in the personalities of men, that you will not be moved as so many shall be moved. I would keep you in the paths of righteousness.

con't
Take heed to yourselves and follow not the seducing spirits that are already manifesting themselves. Diligently inquire of Me when you hear something that you have not seen in the Word, and do not hold people's persons in admiration, for it is by this very method that Satan will hold many of My people.��I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly, that you may triumph where I triumphed. On the cross I triumphed over all the power of Satan; and I have called you to walk in the same path. It is when your life is on the cross that you shall know the victory I have experienced. As you are on the cross, and seated in Me, then you shall know the power of the resurrection. When I come in My glory, the principalities and powers in the heavenly places shall be utterly broken. Fear not, for I have given you power whereby you may tread down the powers of darkness, and come forth victorious through every trial. As you are on the cross then you are victorious. It was on the cross that I triumphed over all the powers of the enemy. My life shall flow through you as you enter into these precious truths. Look unto Me, and appropriate My life. As your eyes and desires are toward Me, and you know what it is to be crucified with Me, then you shall live, and your anointing shall increase. It was not in My life that I walked upon the earth, but it was in My life when I was upon the cross that I openly spoiled principalities and powers.��I am showing you truths that shall cause you to overcome, to have power over the wicked one, truth that will liberate you and those round about you. You shall know also the fellowship of My sufferings. There is no other way whereby you may partake of this heavenly glory and reign with Me. "If we suffer with Him we shall reign with Him." I desire to make those truths real within you. As you keep them before you, you will liberate many who are in bondage. You will have revelation of those who are in darkness and will have the keys to liberate the captives. Many seek to liberate, but they have not the keys. Upon the cross continually you will know the power of My resurrection that you may also partake of My glory. As you are willing to walk with Me and rejoice in your sufferings, you shall partake of My glory. Look unto Me for you have need of power to overcome the wicked one, and the bondages in other lives.��If you will indeed judge yourself you shall not be judged.

con't

Sep 3, 2016
Take heed to yourselves and follow not the seducing spirits that are already manifesting themselves. Diligently inquire of Me when you hear something that you have not seen in the Word, and do not hold people's persons in admiration, for it is by this very method that Satan will hold many of My people.��I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly, that you may triumph where I triumphed. On the cross I triumphed over all the power of Satan; and I have called you to walk in the same path. It is when your life is on the cross that you shall know the victory I have experienced. As you are on the cross, and seated in Me, then you shall know the power of the resurrection. When I come in My glory, the principalities and powers in the heavenly places shall be utterly broken. Fear not, for I have given you power whereby you may tread down the powers of darkness, and come forth victorious through every trial. As you are on the cross then you are victorious. It was on the cross that I triumphed over all the powers of the enemy. My life shall flow through you as you enter into these precious truths. Look unto Me, and appropriate My life. As your eyes and desires are toward Me, and you know what it is to be crucified with Me, then you shall live, and your anointing shall increase. It was not in My life that I walked upon the earth, but it was in My life when I was upon the cross that I openly spoiled principalities and powers.��I am showing you truths that shall cause you to overcome, to have power over the wicked one, truth that will liberate you and those round about you. You shall know also the fellowship of My sufferings. There is no other way whereby you may partake of this heavenly glory and reign with Me. "If we suffer with Him we shall reign with Him." I desire to make those truths real within you. As you keep them before you, you will liberate many who are in bondage. You will have revelation of those who are in darkness and will have the keys to liberate the captives. Many seek to liberate, but they have not the keys. Upon the cross continually you will know the power of My resurrection that you may also partake of My glory. As you are willing to walk with Me and rejoice in your sufferings, you shall partake of My glory. Look unto Me for you have need of power to overcome the wicked one, and the bondages in other lives.��If you will indeed judge yourself you shall not be judged.

con't
As you seek My face and desire to be cleansed by Me in all truth and sincerity of heart I will judge you in the secret place, and the things that are in the secret place of your heart shall not be made manifest to others. I will do it in the secret place and no man shall know it. And the shame that shall be seen on many faces shall not be seen on your face. Therefore in love and mercy I am instructing you. And therefore I have said that if a man judge himself he shall not be judged. It is not My good pleasure that the shame of My people be seen by all. How can I judge the world if I judge not first My own house? Hearken unto these things I am telling you. If you will not hearken unto Me thy shame shall be evident to all.��I would have you consider My life on earth -- the anointing upon Me was great and yet the temptations were great on every side; in one form and then in another, offering Me first the glory of the kingdoms of the earth and then reviling and persecuting Me. There will be great glory given to My people, and yet the temptations shall be intensified from every side. Think not that with the glory there shall be no temptations or persecutions. The glory of My church shall be great, and so shall be the temptations from the enemy to turn My people from My paths. I am warning you that when the glory shall be manifested, the temptations shall be great, until very few that start shall finish. First there shall be offered them great worldly possessions, and then great revilings and unbelief.��Consider your Lord, that as He walked so it shall be for you. There shall be need of great intensity of purpose. At times everyone shall rise up against you, simply to turn you from the course that I would put you in. It is written of Me that I set My face as a flint to go to the direction My Father had prescribed for Me. If you will finish the course the Lord has laid down for you, you will have to set your face as a flint. With great determination you must walk in the course laid down for you. Many of your loved ones and those who follow with you shall persuade you and try to turn you from the course. With many words that seem right in the natural will they speak to you.

con't

Sep 3, 2016
As you seek My face and desire to be cleansed by Me in all truth and sincerity of heart I will judge you in the secret place, and the things that are in the secret place of your heart shall not be made manifest to others. I will do it in the secret place and no man shall know it. And the shame that shall be seen on many faces shall not be seen on your face. Therefore in love and mercy I am instructing you. And therefore I have said that if a man judge himself he shall not be judged. It is not My good pleasure that the shame of My people be seen by all. How can I judge the world if I judge not first My own house? Hearken unto these things I am telling you. If you will not hearken unto Me thy shame shall be evident to all.��I would have you consider My life on earth -- the anointing upon Me was great and yet the temptations were great on every side; in one form and then in another, offering Me first the glory of the kingdoms of the earth and then reviling and persecuting Me. There will be great glory given to My people, and yet the temptations shall be intensified from every side. Think not that with the glory there shall be no temptations or persecutions. The glory of My church shall be great, and so shall be the temptations from the enemy to turn My people from My paths. I am warning you that when the glory shall be manifested, the temptations shall be great, until very few that start shall finish. First there shall be offered them great worldly possessions, and then great revilings and unbelief.��Consider your Lord, that as He walked so it shall be for you. There shall be need of great intensity of purpose. At times everyone shall rise up against you, simply to turn you from the course that I would put you in. It is written of Me that I set My face as a flint to go to the direction My Father had prescribed for Me. If you will finish the course the Lord has laid down for you, you will have to set your face as a flint. With great determination you must walk in the course laid down for you. Many of your loved ones and those who follow with you shall persuade you and try to turn you from the course. With many words that seem right in the natural will they speak to you.

con't
Did not Christ rebuke Peter who would turn Him from the course God had prescribed?��Understand these two things and meditate upon them solemnly -- the persecution and the darkness shall be as great as the glory in order to try to turn the elect and the anointed ones from the path the Lord has laid down for them. Many shall start but few shall be able to finish because of the greatness of grace that shall be needed to be able to endure unto the end. The temptations and the persecution of your Lord was continuous. He was tempted by Satan in many forms throughout His entire life and even to the cross when the ungodly cried out, "If thou be the Christ come down from the cross." Think not that there shall be a time of no persecution, for it shall be from the time of your anointing until the end. Difficulties, and great persecution to the end. The Lord must prepare you to be an overcomer in all things, that you may be able to finish the course. The persecution shall increase even as the anointing shall increase.��In paths of judgement and righteousness shall the Lord God lead His people and bring them into that place which He has chosen for them. For the Lord has chosen a place for His people, a place of righteousness and holiness where He shall encamp round about them. And all who will be led of the Lord shall be brought into this holy place. For the Lord delights to dwell in His people and to manifest Himself through His people. The holiness of the Lord shall be manifested through His people. Let the Lord lead you and He will lead you in difficult places. He led His people of old through a place where no man dwelt, where no man had passed through, in a place of great danger and in the shadow of death. The Lord will indeed again lead His people through such places, and yet He will bring them out into a place of great glory. Understand that the way toward the glory is fraught with great danger and many shall fall to the right or to the left, many shall camp on lesser ground. But the Lord has a place of holiness and no unclean thing shall dwell among His people.��Put your trust in Him and He will bring you into a place of holiness.

con't

Sep 3, 2016
Did not Christ rebuke Peter who would turn Him from the course God had prescribed?��Understand these two things and meditate upon them solemnly -- the persecution and the darkness shall be as great as the glory in order to try to turn the elect and the anointed ones from the path the Lord has laid down for them. Many shall start but few shall be able to finish because of the greatness of grace that shall be needed to be able to endure unto the end. The temptations and the persecution of your Lord was continuous. He was tempted by Satan in many forms throughout His entire life and even to the cross when the ungodly cried out, "If thou be the Christ come down from the cross." Think not that there shall be a time of no persecution, for it shall be from the time of your anointing until the end. Difficulties, and great persecution to the end. The Lord must prepare you to be an overcomer in all things, that you may be able to finish the course. The persecution shall increase even as the anointing shall increase.��In paths of judgement and righteousness shall the Lord God lead His people and bring them into that place which He has chosen for them. For the Lord has chosen a place for His people, a place of righteousness and holiness where He shall encamp round about them. And all who will be led of the Lord shall be brought into this holy place. For the Lord delights to dwell in His people and to manifest Himself through His people. The holiness of the Lord shall be manifested through His people. Let the Lord lead you and He will lead you in difficult places. He led His people of old through a place where no man dwelt, where no man had passed through, in a place of great danger and in the shadow of death. The Lord will indeed again lead His people through such places, and yet He will bring them out into a place of great glory. Understand that the way toward the glory is fraught with great danger and many shall fall to the right or to the left, many shall camp on lesser ground. But the Lord has a place of holiness and no unclean thing shall dwell among His people.��Put your trust in Him and He will bring you into a place of holiness.

con't
He desires to bring His people into great glory -- the like of which has never been seen for what the Lord will do for those who put their trust in Him. It is a place of darkness and great danger that separates His people into the place He would have them walk in. He will protect them from the voices that would turn them from His path. He will bring them through the dark places, and through the treacherous paths, out into the light of His glory. He will rejoice greatly over His beloved and cause you to be filled with joy unspeakable. He seeks to lead His people into a new place of grace and glory where He will indeed encamp among them. Put your trust in Him and He will surely bring you into this new place.��Fear not the days to come, but fear this only -- that you shall walk in a manner pleasing to the Lord. In this time I am ordering and setting up My church and it shall indeed be pure, without spot or wrinkle. I will do work in My beloved that has not been seen since the foundation of the world. I have shown you these things that you may seek the Lord diligently with all your heart, and that you may be a preserver of His people.��Run not to this one nor to that one, for the Lord has so ordained that salvation is in Him and in Him alone. You shall not turn to this shepherd or to that one, for there shall be a great scattering upon the earth. Therefore look unto Him for He will indeed make these things clear to you. You shall not look here nor there, for the wells that once had water shall be no more. But as you diligently seek Him He shall increase your strength and your faith, that He may be able to prepare you for this time that is coming.��The truths that I have revealed to you must become a part of you -- not just an experience, but a part of your very nature. Is it not written that I demand truth in the inward parts? It is the truth of the Lord expressed in your very being that shall hold you. Many shall experience the truth, but the truth must become a part of you, your very life. As men and women look upon you they will hear not only the voice but see the expression of the truth. Many shall be overcome because they are not constant in My ways, and because they have not permitted the truths to become part of them. I am showing you these things that you may be prepared, and having done all, to stand.

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Rom. 8:1).

How does the Believer “walk after the Spirit” and “not after the flesh”?

Most Believers have it in their mind that “walking after the Spirit” (Holy Spirit) is doing spiritual things. It isn’t! At least not in that manner.

At a prayer meeting some time ago, I asked those assembled what “walking after the Spirit” actually meant. The answers were typical.

One said that it was reading several Chapters of the Bible each day. Another said that is was praying so much each day. Another mentioned witnessing to souls. All of the answers were in that vein.

No! The doing of spiritual things is not what Paul was talking about when he mentioned “walking after the Spirit.”

So what does it mean?

First of all, the word “walk” refers to the manner in which we order our behavior regarding our life and living. To “walk after the Spirit” refers to the manner in which this is done.

How is it done?

The “Spirit,” of course, is the Holy Spirit. The Passage refers to the manner in which He operates. We find that in the next Verse, Romans 8:2. To be brief, the manner in which the Holy Spirit works concerns the parameters of the Finished Work of Christ. In other words, He works exclusively within the confines of the Cross of Christ. For a person to “walk after the Spirit,” that person must therefore exhibit Faith in Christ and the Cross, and do so exclusively. That’s what “walking after the Spirit” actually means.

Reading one’s Bible, prayer, witnessing, and all such like things are, of course, very helpful to the Child of God, and are things in which every true Believer will frequently engage. However, those things should be a result of walking after the Spirit instead of the cause. In fact, they cannot be the cause.

Conversely, if we “walk after the flesh,” this means that we are placing our faith in something other than the Cross of Christ. And it really doesn’t matter what the other thing might be. In fact, most of the those things other than the Cross in which Believers place their faith are generally good things, and that’s what deceives us. They are “good,” so we think the doing of them should merit us something with God or else should bring some type of victory.

Let it ever be understood:

The only way the Child of God truly can have victory and walk after the Spirit is to constantly exhibit Faith in Christ and what Christ did at the Cross. But problematically, most Believers are not content to do that; they rather want to do something else — and the something else always constitutes “walking after the flesh,” which always brings defeat.

When one truly begins to “walk after the Spirit,” doing so on a constant basis, which all can do, then the “more abundant life” promised by Christ, definitely given at conversion, will then be totally and completely enjoyed (Jn. 10:10).

— Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”)
Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “A Changed Life” September 6

The ministry of John the Baptist was a ministry that prepared the hearts of the people for the immediate coming of the Lord. Many were convicted and drawn to the truth of that which John preached. They would travel to the Jordan River, confess their sin, and be baptized as a sign of repentance. But John's message also demanded that repentance be followed by a changed life. It is one thing to go to God and ask for forgiveness. It is a whole other thing to learn how to be delivered from the problems that we are asking forgiveness for. Repentance is not deliverance! Only God's Grace can deliver us from the sin that lives within the human heart. Only consistent faith in the Cross can provide us with the Grace that we need in order to be changed. If we truly want to bring forth fruits meet for repentance, that is, to live a lifestyle that corresponds with our hatred for sin, then we must learn how to receive grace to overcome the sin we are repenting of. Congratulations on taking the first step which is repentance! Now move forward to deliverance and free yourself of all things that hold you captive through faith in Christ and Him Crucified.

Matthew 3:8 - Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Galatians 4:28
Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

The Apostle Paul continues to help the Galatians see FROM SCRIPTURE that as Isaac was the Child of promise, which took place by faith, that we are also the Children of promise by faith alone. Paul knew that each day of our lives we would choose which Ruler we will serve, and there are ONLY two. We either serve the Sin Nature/The Old Man, by trusting in anything other than the Cross of Christ, OR we serve the Obedience of Christ unto Righteousness/Serving God, which is trusting EXCLUSIVELY in His work on the Cross for ALL things from our faithful God (Romans 6).

Again, I remind us all that this letter was written to prevent the loss of Life through a wrong direction, for if it were impossible to never lose what one has received of the Lord, we wouldn’t need much of what is written in the New Testament. We have been lied to for many decades concerning an UNconditional Eternal Security, but the Truth is that if we are Justified by faith, then what are we if we have no faith (Romans 11:18-22). We can continue to believe the false and unscriptural traditions of those who have gone before us, but if we do, much of the Scriptures will not be understood by us, and we will, to say the least, have forfeited much in this life. God only honors what God does, as Jesus taught us that we can do NO thing without Him (John 15:5), which means everything has to be accomplished by His Spirit, THROUGH HIM, which refers to our faith is in His work at Calvary! We March On!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

SHARE the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Social media!
Youtube: curtishutchinson316
9/6/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus had made me free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:2).

Without a doubt, Romans 8:2 is one of the most important Scriptures in the entirety of the Bible. It sums up all that Paul has been teaching. It tells us how the Holy Spirit works in our lives, and there could be nothing more important than that. Tragically, most Christians just take the Holy Spirit for granted, not really knowing how He works, what He does, and the manner in which He does it. Even though the Holy Spirit will do all He possibly can to help the Believer, still, if we function outside of God’s Prescribed Order, which is Christ and the Cross, the help the Holy Spirit gives is greatly curtailed. This spells trouble. But let’s see how He works.

First of all, this of which we speak is “the law,” a law devised by the Godhead even before the foundation of the world (I Pet. 1:18-20). Being a “law,” actually “the law,” this means that the Holy Spirit is not going to work outside of the framework of this law. We should understand that.

It is the Holy Spirit Who works in the hearts and lives of Believers, Who Alone can make us what we ought to be. If we try outside of this “law” to develop His Fruit, or Christlikeness, Righteousness, Holiness, or Victory of any nature, we are doomed to failure. We need to remember that! He will not differ from this, nor vary from God’s Prescribed Order.

He is called “The Spirit of Life” because He is the Superintendent of all that Christ did at the Cross. In a sense, the Holy Spirit is a dispenser of this “Life” afforded by Christ. In other words, you are not going to get it any other way.

The word “Life,” as it is used here, refers to every single thing that Christ did at the Cross. In other words, everything that man lost in the Fall, and we mean everything, was addressed at the Cross, which is all wrapped up in the one word “Life.” Admittedly, we do not now have everything for which Jesus paid such a price, actually having only the firstfruits, with the balance coming at the Resurrection; still, what we actually do now have in Christ is enough to supply all that we presently need, whatever that might be. This is what “Life” in Romans 8:2 actually means.

While all of this “Life” comes from Christ as the Source, with the Cross as the Means, still, it is the Holy Spirit Who is the Superintendent of all that Christ has done — the Dispenser, as one might say. It comes from Christ by the means of the Cross and through the Spirit (Jn. 7:37-39).

The phrase, “In Christ Jesus,” describes this “Law” and the way the Spirit works. Paul uses this phrase, “in Christ Jesus,” or one of its derivatives, such as “in Him,” etc. over one hundred times in his fourteen Epistles. Without exception, it refers to what Christ did at the Cross, all on our behalf. Paul never uses it in any other fashion. It always refers to the Cross.

For us to be the beneficiary of all that Christ did, through which the Holy Spirit works, all that is demanded of us is that our Faith constantly rest in that Finished Work. This is imperative. When this is done, all that Jesus did will be ours, guaranteed by the Holy Spirit.

“The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus,” which we hopefully have explained, is the only “Law” which can give one victory over “the law of sin and death.” No matter the effort made, if we try to obtain that victory by any other manner, defeat is sure.

If the Believer faithfully follows this which the Holy Spirit gave to the Apostle Paul, which Paul then gave to us, victory then is guaranteed and “the sin nature will not have dominion over us” (Rom. 6:14). But if works of the flesh are prevalent in the Believer’s life, that means that he or she is not functioning in “the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus,” but rather in some law made up by themselves or other men.

In the Lord’s Way is “Life”! In the Lord’s Way alone is “Life”!

Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Too Busy” September 7

The one thing that never seems to slow down in this life is time. Therefore, what we do with the time we have should be of crucial concern to each of us. Every day we make choices to spend time doing things that we envision encompass our primary needs. We generally deal with situations that represent the utmost priority to our lives. Most people in the world race here and there; running to work, chasing after the kids, even working overtime to buy and pay for the things they want or need. As well, the believer, who desperately loves Jesus and genuinely loves people, can find themselves overtaken in a whirlwind of ministerial activity. We must understand the spiritual truth that the current condition of our heart is based upon the current care and attention we have given to it on any certain day. It is imperative that we learn to attend to our spiritual condition, and afterwards, from a full and healthy heart, minister to others. A failure to secure ourselves through properly centered faith, personal devotion to the scriptures, and spending time with God in prayer, will ultimately result in spiritual burnout and failure. Have you taken the time to attend to your heart by sitting at the feet of Jesus today?

Luke 10:41-42 - And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: (42) But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 4:29
But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

WOW!! The Lord through the Holy Spirit tells the Galatians that they were being persecuted by those God had rejected (Religious Rulers of Israel) because of their rejection of His Son, just as Isaac was persecuted by Ishmael (Genesis 21:8-9). Those who walk in the EXPERIENCE of being a Christian, NOT just being a Christian, will be criticized and persecuted. Not so much as by the world but mainly by those who are Christians but who are refusing to bear the fruit of Christ among men!

Jesus says that if we are ashamed of Him before men, He will be ashamed of us when He comes in His glory (Luke 9:26). We as the Children of God have been given by God to believe upon Christ, and to suffer on His behalf (Philippians 1:29). OUR OWN FLESH AND SPIRIT will never cease to be contrary to one another until Jesus comes for us (Galatians 5:17), and neither will our flesh or all those in the flesh, ever stop mocking until Jesus comes, but no worry, He is coming soon. It’s not just about what’s happening around us, but most importantly within us, for it is with the heart man believes day by day from faith to faith unto Righteousness.

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

9/7/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be Spiritually minded is life and peace (Rom. 8:6).

What does it mean to be “carnally minded”? What does it mean to be “spiritually minded”?

To be “carnally minded” is not watching too much television, or being too interested in sports, etc., as most Christians think. Actually, those things have absolutely nothing to do with what Paul is addressing here. Being “carnally minded” is placing one’s faith in something other than Christ and the Cross. That sums up what the Apostle is here saying.

There are two wills contrasted in Verses 5 through 8: the will of the carnal nature and the Will of God. The carnal will, being independent of God’s Will, is hostile to it and cannot be otherwise. All who are governed by the carnal will cannot, so long as they are thus governed, please God, let them be ever so religious, moral, cultivated, or noble. It is not that God takes no pleasure in noble actions, but that He cannot take pleasure in and accept worship and meritorious actions designed to purchase His favor which are prompted by the carnal mind. Hence, he rejected Cain’s worship and offerings.

All who are controlled by the carnal will set their affections upon gratifying it. The opposite is true in the case of those controlled by the Divine Will. The one control ends in death; the other, in life.

Cain offered a sacrifice which God can never accept, because it was the labor of his own hands. Regrettably, the far greater majority of modern Believers are attempting to do the same. That is what the Holy Spirit is referring to here by being “carnally minded.” Our Faith must be exclusively in Christ and the Cross, otherwise, it is that which is not of the Lord, no matter how noble or righteous it might, on the surface, seem to be.

Any way other than the Cross leads to failure, sin, disobedience, and spiritual death.

To be “spiritually minded” is to follow the pattern laid down by the Lord, which is “Christ and Him Crucified.” Being “spiritually minded” is what one must be to successfully “walk after the Spirit.”

Let us say it again:

It simply means placing one’s Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross, excluding all else, and not allowing anything to take the place of the Cross.

Modern Christians have some understanding of the Cross regarding Salvation, but almost none as it regards Sanctification. As a result, spiritual failure all too often characterizes most modern Believers, even those who try extra hard not to fail. It is because of a “carnal mind.” When one is “spiritually minded,” he has “life and peace,” which is the way it ought to be, and which is the way it can be.

Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Faith in Self” September 8

Faith in self is exposed when we are fearful of our enemies. It proves that we are looking to our own strength rather than to God’s. It becomes obvious that we are comparing what we are able to do against the onslaught of the difficulty that is heading our way. Many enemies in this life are certainly too large for us. We have no answer for poverty. We have no answer for sickness. We have no answer for death. The enemies that rise up against us are too mighty to be conquered by our abilities, our prowess, our strength, or our intelligence. So let us stop looking at the impossible and the improbable with eyes that remain focused upon ourselves. Instead, let us look to the hills from whence cometh our help. Look to the God of your salvation! If He was strong enough to save you, He is strong enough to keep you! Look to your past and consider if there was ever one time that God did not come through for you. You are still here! You are still alive! There is still hope. And there is still time for your God to work a miracle on your behalf. You have every reason to trust Him and no reason to trust in yourself.

Numbers 14:8-9 - If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey. (9) Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 4:30
Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

The Son (Ishmael) of the bond woman (Hagar) had to be cast out and away from the people of God. The Son (Ishmael) of Abraham which was born to the bond woman (Hagar) would not be heir, because that was a move of Abraham and Sarah’s (Abraham’s wife) flesh. The flesh is what we do and think we are getting somewhere with the Lord, while it is only our flesh. The flesh refers to our strengths, intellectual abilities, gifts and talents, or anything other than simple faith in God through trusting in Christ and His atoning Sacrifice.

Although God blessed Ishmael to become not only a nation (Genesis 21:13), but a great nation (v. 18), nevertheless, all those who are of that great nation are not of the promise and will perish being eternally lost unless they repent and accept Christ as Savior and Lord! The Lord says that He will have people from every nation (Revelation 7:9) gathered around His throne worshiping the Lamb, who is Christ Jesus The Lord! Let us accept the warning which God through Paul gave the Galatians, and examine ourselves to make sure that we are trusting in Christ and Him Crucified for MORE THAN just that which saved us at the beginning of our great Salvation, but that we are denying ourselves again today, taking up our cross so that we can follow our Great Shepherd to the finish line!

9/8/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “A Spiritual Battle” September 9

Spiritual warfare is a fact of life for the Christian. We do not have a choice as to whether or not we participate in this war. There are forces arrayed against us and if we choose to ignore this truth we do so at our own peril. We must learn to face these powers of opposition in the proper way. We need not fear, for God will furnish both the protection and the strength by which this warfare is carried out. He does so when our faith rests securely in the finished work of Christ. As we labor to enter into this rest, God sends supernatural provision. It is the same supply that guided David's selected stone squarely into the forehead of the giant. It Is the same strength that empowered the hand on Gideon’s sword and that of his faithful 300. It is the same grace that made mighty men out of David's ragtag company of dissenters. These all had to learn how to depend on the Lord’s strength and not their own. Learning this truth is the key needed to turn the tide in any spiritual battle. As you rely on Him, He will supply you with what you do not have in and of yourself.

Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries