Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
SELF doesn’t like the message of the Cross
SELF refuses to admit that the Cross is a 24/7 reality
SELF refuses to bring EVERY THOUGHT captive to the obedience of Christ at the Cross
SELF screams with rage to have his own way and uses the Scriptures to justify his own way
SELF realizes that the way of the Cross will ruin him
SELF will always be exalted where faith is not in the Cross
SELF will always avoid the determination to focus, trust in and to preach the Cross
SELF will not only avoid those who are determined to know nothing other, but will speak negatively of them while building themSELVES

Only at the Cross can SELF be denied and put away!

The denial of SELF only takes place where the Cross of Christ is the focus of our faith, and there we lose sight of ourselves and find that new sight of Christ!

Luke 9:23-24
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Galatians 4:31
So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

We as Christians are not the children of the bond woman, but of the free, which refers to the promise of Eternal and Abundant Life that comes through Abraham and Isaac, finding its fulfillment in Jesus Christ, the Son of God at Calvary! The Christian is not under Law, but under Grace, but the very reason for this letter is because the Galatians had begun to believe the lies which would lead them away from EXCLUSIVE FAITH IN CHRIST AND HIS CROSS. This is as much, and even more so a problem today as God’s Word’s of Truth are being held in every context imaginable other than the one context in which they were spoken and can be applied, which is Righteousness (Proverbs 8:8, 12:17, Romans 1:16-17). If our faith is NOT in the Cross of Christ, and I speak not of our initial salvation, but for what the Lord is attempting to do TODAY, we will be living as though we are back under the Law.

We have been delivered from the Law, so that we can be married to the One who was raised from the dead, having atoned for our sins, so that we can bear fruit (Romans 7:4). Again, the reminder here is to the Galatians and to all of God’s people who have ears to hear today. When we are trusting in ANYTHING other than Christ and His work at Calvary, we are holding God’s Word outside of His Righteous context, and all that can be produced is ungodliness and unrighteousness in His eyes (Romans 1:18). The Lord has attempted to call His people out of many distractions, and for the most part, they have chosen to keep going the way they are going, but they will remain fallen from Grace until they come back to the Cross! May we be found in these last days serving Him in the ONLY avenue through which He can be served (Romans 6:16-22).

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

SHARE the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Social media!
Youtube: curtishutchinson316
9/9/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Simple Faith” September 10

The moment the believing sinner accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit baptizes that individual into the person of Christ. This is a position that is granted to every believer, bar none. Paul would write in Colossians that we are complete or made whole as a result of being in Him. In Christ, what wonderful words! What a wonderful truth! I am complete in Him! My sins have been forgiven. I am a part of God's family. All of this is obtained through simple childlike faith. Simple faith does not stop there. It is also the key to living the Christian life. Paul teaches the church that as we have received Christ so should we live out our daily lives. So simple faith, which is similar to the faith of a small child, is the faith one needs to continue growing in Christ. I can rest assured that God's grace will continue to produce spiritual growth and depth, all by means of simple faith. All He asks of me is that my faith remains constant in who Christ is and what He has done. Simple faith will place you in Christ and simple faith will keep you in Christ. We are complete in Him!

Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Standing fast, refers to not being moved away from the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free. This refers to the Galatians being encouraged to not move away from THE FAITH which has brought them into the liberty of Christ through faith in the Cross. They were being warned just as we are today not to go back and be entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Outside of faith in the Cross, there is only bondage, and the most deceptive bondage of all is that of Religious Pride which believes that more than what Christ did at Calvary is needed for us to endure each day and have the Grace of God for all things.

We choose each day as the Children of God whom we will serve, but ONLY as we yield to one of the two Rulers. One is the Sin Nature, which revives and causes us to walk in death (Unfruitful place), if we are trusting in ANYTHING other than the Cross of Christ, or we can continue to fight the good fight of faith, which is trusting in the work of Christ at the Cross, which affords us the experience of serving obedience unto Righteousness (Romans 6:16). These are the ONLY two avenues in which all of humanity is found before God daily. Christ made us free through what He did at the Cross and if our faith is there and there alone, we will find the Grace of God for each step of the Way. Faith in the Cross is not saying the word, “Cross”, but from the heart trusting in and identifying with that work daily (Luke 9:23, Romans 6:6, Galatians 2:20). How do I know I am trusting in the Cross? He gives me grace, and that grace enables me to deny myself to take up my Cross and to follow Him, and I’m found standing in THAT LIBERTY!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

9/10/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Freed From Sin’s Dominion” September 11

I am a new creation in Christ Jesus! Of this there is no doubt. However, the lingering effects of the fall remain in my innermost being. It is this ugliness that the Lord is working to remove from my person day by day. The removal of that which is ungodly or sinful from the heart of the believer is referred to as progressive sanctification. The Bible teaches us that our union with Christ brings us freedom from the dominion of the sin nature. However, even though this freedom is a reality, we must learn to apply it to the areas of our life yet unchanged. We do not apply Christ’s victory in our lives through a process of works. Our victory over sin is achieved by faith. Faith must be placed in the appropriate object which is Christ and His finished work on Calvary. Proper faith brings the grace of God, the work of the Holy Spirit. He is in the world today to superintend the benefits that Christ won for us through death. I thank God that His Grace is sufficient to free me from both the penalty of sin and the power of sin. Today, sin shall not have dominion over me for I am not under law but under grace.

Romans 6:14 - For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 5:2
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Paul says to the Galatians that if you choose not to stand fast in the liberty Christ afforded you at the Cross, but insist on believing you must help God along in your Sanctification, Christ will be of no profit to you. Remember, he had just explained the situation with Abraham and the two women who birthed son’s to him, and the entire point of reminding them of this was because Abraham thought he could help God bring the promise along. All the Lord asks of us is to have faith, and that faith must never be moved from Christ and His atoning work at Calvary. When it is, we will only be going through the motions and faking what is really missing in our lives.

Today, it is no longer circumcision, but every imaginable thing that is offered to the Church in which we jump on every band wagon (Wind of Doctrine) that blows through town. Every new book that comes out and every new program or event, finding ourselves running from conference to conference, while avoiding the ONLY avenue that would allow us to be going FROM FAITH TO FAITH (Romans 1:16-17). The Purpose Driven, The Government of 12, The Walk of Emmaus, Celebrate Recovery, AA, etc, which all are only a fleshly attempt to help God do what He has already promised, worked and FINISHED at the Cross in His Son Jesus Christ. Oh, surrender today again to Christ and His Way at Calvary, and you will find the power of the Holy Spirit delivering you from those things that seem to be taking more and more of your life away!

9/11/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Seek Him First” September 12

As a Christian we have a right to expect God’s blessings, but we have a higher purpose which is to pursue righteousness. To focus primarily upon the temporal blessings of this life will rob one of the more important everlasting virtues that God wants to sow and grow in the heart. Much of the body of Christ is being taught to pursue earthly goods, positions, or power. Are not all these things which the world pursues? Is not the heart and mind of those who do not serve Jesus focused on temporal blessing? I believe that God blesses His people and meets their every need. I believe that He has a desire to elevate the individual in every aspect of life. But the primary purpose of redemption is to be conformed into the image of the God who saved us. When we pursue being changed into the image of Christ, we open ourselves up to blessings that will not hinder God’s primary purpose. Covetousness (where we replace the love of God with the love of things) will choke the goodly seed planted by the Spirit. Be careful to seek Him first and let Him add to your life the truths that will provide true contentment and Godly fulfillment.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

When we choose to go backwards in an attempt to serve God through faith in WHAT WE DO (our works) instead of what He did in His Son at the Cross, then we will be in bondage to, and find an impossible obligation to do the whole Law, and will find ourselves being worked to death with nothing but inner LACK. These Galatians were being told that unless they were circumcised they were not really saved (Acts 15:1). Today, while it is for the most part, not circumcision, it is many other things. These other things will always use Scripture, for the devil knows he must take that which is right and pervert it, but he will only do so in the context of the Letter of the Law instead of the Spirit of the Letter (Romans 2:29, 7:6).

When we choose to follow all the fads which have crept into the church and are nothing more than doctrines of devils (1 Timothy 4:1) under the disguise of helping God’s people, they have only crippled and paralyzed us for centuries. This phrase, “Debtor to do the whole Law” is manifest in the life that just keeps looking for the SO-CALLED “New thing” to save, deliver, or mature them, all the while God has provided everything through Christ and His Cross that will ever be needed by His people. If we do not know or understand this, we will be found working ourselves to death, as we are only going through the motions and faking it (1 Corinthians 9:26), or falling out of the race because it becomes too hard. The way of the Transgressor is hard, because it is the way in which we carry all of our burdens, but the Way of Life is the Way of the Cross where our faith is in the One who took all of our burdens away!

9/12/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Where Could I Go?” September 13

There will be times in every life when we will find the need to escape the harrowing experiences of life. We will all search for a place that can protect us from the daily dilemmas that devastate the heart and do damage to the soul. Some may search out a place of solitude, a place of quiet, a place of silence, where they attempt to sort out their thoughts, emotions, and conclusions. Others may look to a place of activity or diversion in order to drown out the battering ram of incoming pain and lack of clarity. But I have found that true peace of the heart cannot be sustained by running away from trouble. Neither does activity of a different kind calm the constant cares of my soul. But when I retreat into the presence of the Lord, I find true solace, wise counsel, committed companionship, and peace of mind. In His presence, I secure the answer to my need. It comes rolling quietly atop the waves of my storm, causing my tortured spirit to become settled and assured. When I am disturbed, shaken, or unsure, I run once again to His perfecting presence, where I find grace to help in time of need.

Psalm 16:11 - Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

We as the Church and the Body of The Lord Jesus Christ have been crippled and paralyzed for centuries as we have been ignorant of how the Cross of Christ relates to our everyday living for God. Being ignorant of something brings enough pain and suffering as it is, but to WILLFULLY IGNORE the Truth puts us in an entirely different situation and MUCH WORSE. Already in verse 2, the Apostle Paul has reminded The Christians there in Galatia that if they begin trusting in circumcision or really anything other than Christ and His work at Calvary (Chapter 3:1-3), that Christ will not be able to profit them. Here he adds to that reality with the words, “Christ will become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are attempting to justify yourselves through Law, which is anything we do, you are FALLEN FROM GRACE.”

Falling from Grace is equivalent to removing ourselves from the working of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 1:6), who is also The Spirit of Grace (Hebrews 10:29), and this takes place when we replace the Cross of Christ as the object of our faith with anything we do, and that is ANYTHING. Grace is what God does in, for, to, and through us which we cannot do ourselves, cannot earn, and surely do not deserve. We were saved by Grace (Ephesians 2:5, 😎, we are taught by Grace (Titus 2:11-12), and we labor only by Grace (1 Corinthians 15:10). Grace is not some mystical or magical endowment God bestows upon us, but rather it is what God is allowed to do in, too, for, and through us based on our faith EXCLUSIVELY in Christ’s work at the Cross (Psalm 33:4, Romans 8:2).

9/13/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Sin of Covetousness” September 14

The blessings of the Lord are both spiritual and physical. I believe that God desires to give good things to His people. However, there is an overemphasis today in the body of Christ on the physical and tangible blessings of the Lord. To hear some people preach, you would think that the total sum of why Jesus died was to make human beings rich in goods. Very little is being spoken in regard to the need the believer has for overcoming power to defeat present sin. The faulty picture is painted that indicates that everyone with true faith should be rich financially. This is not Biblical Christianity! This is covetousness covered over with scripture. In this life the believer is not to be driven by the desire to possess finances and temporal assets. We are to be in pursuit of spiritual victory over every weight and sin that does so easily beset us. We are to long for souls to be added to the Kingdom of God. When these are our primary pursuits, we open ourselves to the complete blessings of God. While some will never be rich in goods, all can be rich in true biblical faith. Covetousness is to be identified and eliminated from the believer’s heart by the help and grace of God.

1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

We, EXCLUSIVELY through the Holy Spirit, can wait for the hope of Righteousness BY FAITH. This shows us that without the Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Grace (Hebrews 10:29), there can be no hope or experience of Righteousness without Faith. The measure of Faith which we ALL received upon being born again (Romans 12:3) only works while it is placed in Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross, for that is the avenue through which we obtained that Faith (2 Peter 1:1). Don’t forget Paul has just told the Galatians that Christ will be of NO PROFIT to them, nor will He be of ANY EFFECT to them outside of this process. It is NOT the Cross AND other things, because from our heart that is a message to the Lord saying, “The Cross was not enough.”

The Lord told the Apostle Paul that God’s Grace is more than enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) for him because His Grace is His perfecting, overcoming, and sustaining strength in our weakness! Grace is not mystical or magical, but rather it is what God is allowed to do in, for, to and through man when He finds faith in that sacrificial work of Christ. And yes, Paul is here referring to the VERY EXPERIENCE TODAY of the fruits of Righteousness that are EXCLUSIVELY by faith and through the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:2). Never forget that God only honors and rewards what He is able to do in, to, for, and through us, and His only avenue of operation is through our faith in the Cross!

9/14/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Guidance by the Word” September 15

The guiding power of God’s Word is a constant that I have learned to depend upon. When questions arise, when doubt or confusion abounds, a return to the stability of God’s Word always brings comfort and direction. When the truth in God’s Word is coupled with the illuminating power of the Holy Spirit, we will see what we need to see, we will hear what we need to hear. His Word is a reliable guide through every issue of life. Truly His Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I am desperate to be led by Him and not by my own mind, not by my emotions, and not by my will. His Word provides me with the encouragement I require, the rebuke sorely needed, and the leading that I am desperate to find. The word that I need is not always found immediately, but it never fails to appear when I continually seek guidance from the Bible. So day after day I have returned to this source of instruction, reproof, and divine guidance. When I find myself reeling, confused, and desperate for direction, I simply cry out, " Oh Lord, lead me once again by Your Word! And He always does!

Psalm 119:15-16 - I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. (16) I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries