Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Loaded with Benefits” December 27

When Jesus Christ died on Calvary, He opened the door to bestow many marvelous and wonderful benefits that those under the previous covenant did not have. These covenant provisions were so outstanding and grand that the author of Hebrews declared that the New Covenant believer has a better covenant with better promises. To be sure, God has never offered mankind a covenant that was not overly abundant and filled with blessing. But the Old Covenant promises cannot in any way begin to compare with what is available to the believer today. For one, every New Covenant believer becomes a new creation in Christ Jesus. Second, the Holy Spirit can now legally reside in every truly born-again believer. His presence guarantees that we may find victory over sin, as well as being set free from the penalty of sin. The New Covenant Christian has been set free from the righteous requirements of the law and has been given the righteousness of Christ based solely upon expressed faith in His person and work. Time and space do not allow me to continue naming each benefit. The believer should rest assured that, because of Calvary, it is God's intention to load believers with benefits each and every day!

Psalm 68:19 - Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Hebrews 4:14
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

If you are a student of God’s Word, you will notice how many times the words, “Seeing then” are used. It is only those who have eyes to see and ears to hear which will experience the Will of God through faith in His Words. The previous verses speak of the power of God’s Word and reminds us that NOTHING is hidden from Him/The Word. Here we see Jesus the Son of God brought into this reference as The Word of God, who is our Great High Priest. He has passed into the heavens, and when our hearts are believing in Him, we will be holding steady our profession of faith. Have you lost your profession of faith? You can find it once again as you look to the Cross, for there it was declared and offered to you!

Come back to the Cross, for only through faith in what Jesus accomplished there in His flesh (Romans 8:3, Hebrews 10:20) does anyone experience the New and Living Way as our Great High Priest which He has become to us. Faith ALWAYS works, for it is an action word, but it only works by Love (Galatians 5:6), and that Love which fuels Faith is the Love of The Son of God who Loved us and GAVE Himself for us on the Cross (Galatians 2:20). This is the reason Faith will not produce acceptable fruit outside of that EXCLUSIVE object, for God did not give us The Measure of Faith (Romans 12:3), to function outside of where it is fueled by The Holy Spirit!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

SHARE the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Social media!
Youtube: curtishutchinson316
12/27/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
MANY ARE PRAYING FOR THE FIRE OF GOD

Psalm 85:10
Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have KISSED each other.

The Greek root word for “kissed” is naw-sak' and means to kindle a fire

Come back to the Cross where Mercy and Truth met together and Righteousness and Peace KINDLES the fire of God in our hearts!

Curtis Hutchinson

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Importance of Faith” December 28

Faith is the most important commodity that belongs to the believer. Everything we receive from God we receive as a result of faith. We are saved by faith. We are set free from the powers of darkness by faith. We can extricate ourselves from the dominion of sin by faith. Faith must be in operation before a victory can enter the scene. Satan would try to oppress us and cause us to destroy faith by presenting negative situations, bombarding the mind with depressing scenarios, impacting and afflicting both soul and spirit by any means possible. Our minds must be stayed upon the promises of God as presented in His Word. Therefore, we are to address every scenario, every situation, every circumstance in light of what the Word of God says about ourselves and that particular situation. God’s Word promises that sin shall not have dominion over me. God has sent Jesus to give me a more abundant life, not one that brings me less. Christ will meet my every need according to His riches in glory. The importance of maintaining faith during the onslaught of adversity cannot be over emphasized! So lift up your head and look to the hills from whence cometh your help. Continue to believe, no matter what may arise!

Matthew 8:26 - And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

As a Child of God THROUGH faith in Christ and His work of Atonement at the Cross for us, Christ has now become our Great High Priest who CAN be touched with the very feeling of our infirmities. He knows the horrible feeling of being tempted, and He surely was tempted in every way that man could possibly be tempted, but He was without Sin. Thank God that our Savior overcame every temptation, and He did it all for you and for me!

Jesus had to be born of a virgin to be without a Sin Nature, yet He still had a choice as to whether He would trust His Heavenly Father or if He would fall prey to the things that tempted Him. He overcame all temptation and sin for all of us who all have been born into Sin. Jesus showed up and declared Himself to be our Way out of Sin and into the Kingdom of Heaven. He overcame for us and opened the door to us in His death at Calvary. It was all accomplished and finished for us on the Cross, and through faith in His work there, we find Him as our Great High Priest today very much aware of the feeling of our infirmities and offering to replace them with His victory and His Joy!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

12/28/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
THAT STILL SMALL VOICE

The days ahead will bring loud, boisterous and dark things, but that still small voice of our faithful Lord can become louder in our hearts and bring with it much power, comfort and strength!

1 Kings 19:11-12
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord ; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a STILL SMALL VOICE.

Curtis Hutchinson

Sep 3, 2016
Bartimaeus faced despair, blind and begging, but despite his physical and economic dilemma, he called Jesus! Even when people told him to be quiet, he called him louder! You may be in despair, but out of that despair, cry out to Jesus, he made Bartimaeus whole, he’ll do the same for you!

Evangelist Torrance Nash

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Too Much To Gain" December 29

Some days are harder to face than others. Some circumstances take more out of us than we realize. Life’s problems can seem overwhelming. There are days that we face that bring us uncomfortably close to despair. But to be honest with you, I have never been brought so far down the disappointment path that I desired to walk away from my Christian faith. I must admit there are times that I have collapsed in a heap upon the mercy and compassion of God. There are times that my faith has faced a terrifically terrible onslaught of insecurity. But always there was something on the inside of me pushing me forward, not allowing me to be stopped. The Holy Spirit within refused to be vanquished. He brought me a fresh view. Why, there is far more “land” to be conquered. There are many more souls to win. There are too many hurting hearts that need the power available through Jesus’ name. When I have found myself living a little lower than the bottom, the Spirit of God has lifted me up and revived my faith. I have felt the power of the fourth man in the fire, protecting me from the flames! I cannot quit now. There is still too much left to gain!

Deuteronomy 20:4 - For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
In Christ is the very substance of all that God hoped for among His people!

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

It is His faith by which we live today if our faith is in what He did for us on the Cross!

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I LIVE BY THE FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Let us “therefore” come boldly unto the throne of grace, because we have a Great High Priest who offers mercy and shows us grace in our time of need. Going to the throne of God without faith in the Cross of Jesus Christ, whether it is a lost person or a Child of God, is not possible, for it is only by the blood of Jesus that God gives boldness and confidence to approach Him (Hebrews 10:19). Mercy is not God overlooking our sins and many faults, but it is Him forgiving them and cleansing us from all unrighteousness as we come to Him through faith in the blood of Jesus to confess our sins (1 John 1:7-9).

Finding Grace is finding God’s will in our situation, for Grace is God intervening and carrying out His will and His work in and through our lives through our faith in His Son. Grace is not mystical nor is it magical, but rather it is God doing what we need Him to do according to His will, but He requires that we have faith in His Son and His Redemptive work on the Cross. Our approach to God and the opportunity to have His cleansing, tender and new mercies everyday, along with Grace for help in every situation, requires our identification by faith in the Cross of Christ. No, not just Jesus, but rather Jesus Christ and Him crucified. A Jesus without the Cross is the other Jesus’ Paul spoke about and they are a dime a dozen today (2 Corinthians 11:4). The Life is only found in the blood of Jesus and with it comes mercies and grace everyday!

12/29/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Beggars Can Choose” December 30

Did you know that you serve a God that is able to do anything? I think that at times we make this statement without actually realizing what it is we are saying. Do we really believe that our God can do anything? Or is it that we acknowledge God's ability to do anything but yet we are not quite ready to step out in faith and claim that truth for ourselves. Evidently, a blind man was able to see what those closest to Jesus failed to recognize. He recognized that Jesus was not just a man, but He was God on the earth walking among men. He had not been able to observe any of Christ's previous miracles, but he had heard about them. In his heart, he really believed that Jesus was the Christ and that Jesus could open his blinded eyes. He chose to believe! Trusting in no merit of his own, no standing in society, no education, no talent, no ability, he called on the God who he believed could do for him what he desired. He chose to believe! Help me Lord to believe that you can and you will meet my most desperate need. Beggars can be choosers! Just ask Bartimaeus!

Mark 10:51 - And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Hebrews 5:1
For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

God’s system of being pleased among men and His provision of the things that pertain to Him is through the Priesthood, which we see quite clearly in the Old Covenant exclusively in the nation of Israel. If anything is pertaining to God and experienced among men, it will be through this system of God being offered gifts and sacrifices for the sins of men. In the Old Covenant, Aaron and his lineage of sons were the only ones allowed to function in this capacity. There were GIFTS offered to God on behalf of the people such as burnt offerings, grain offerings, peace offerings, guilt offerings, and sacrifices for the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus is outside the lineage of Aaron (Levites) which was the Old Covenant mandate to be in the Priesthood, but the Priesthood has changed, and because of that change, the Law had to also be changed (Hebrews 7:12). Jesus as our Great High Priest (Of the tribe of Judah) did not bring animals to be sacrificed, but rather brought and gave Himself as the GIFT and the SACRIFICE to be offered to God for all men (Hebrews 2:9). The Old Law, which was the Letter of the Law has been abolished while the New Law is the Law of The Spirit of Life In Christ Jesus (Romans 8:2), which will make anyone and everyone free from Sin if they simply come to Him for the forgiveness of their sins, and daily Grace to serve Him in Holiness and Righteousness (Luke 1:74-75, Romans 6:17-22).

12/30/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
The only place of separation unto God and from this world is the Cross of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 6:14
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified/separated unto me, and I unto the world.

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
The Study of Righteousness - For with the heart man believes unto Righteousness...Romans 10:10

Psalms 33:4 and Proverbs 8:7-8 says, that every Word that God has ever spoken is in "Truth and in Righteousness." According to the gospel that Paul preached, "Righteousness is only awarded by God if our Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ Jesus and the Finished Work of the Lamb of God at Calvary Cross (Rom. 4:5). Therefore, no man or woman can see, hear, or understand if "Righteousness is not awarded and will be operating from a make believe and pretend salvation that Jesus says that they may have a name but they are dead (Rev. 3:1). Everything they have and everything in their life will become a hinderance to them because of the "Law of sin and death (Rom. 8:2)." Confusion - conflict and death.

“Imputed Righteousness” is Righteousness that we do not earn, and cannot earn, and neither can we merit such. It is freely given to the believing sinner upon confession of Faith in Christ. It is the only type of Righteousness that God will accept, because it’s based on the perfect Righteousness of Christ. It is obtained by evidencing Faith in Christ and His Perfect Sacrifice of Himself.

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21347176
Righteousness Pt. 1

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21351276
Righteousness Pt. 2

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21355377
Righteousness Pt. 3

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21359308
Righteousness Pt. 4

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21365465
Righteousness Pt. 5

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21372293
Righteousness Pt. 6

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21376499
Righteousness Pt. 7

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21384659
Righteousness Pt. 8

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21389076
Righteousness Pt. 9

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21394620
Righteousness Pt. 10

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21398485
Righteousness Pt. 11

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21406092
Righteousness Pt. 12

https://thecrosswaychurch.sermon.net/Cross_Time/CrossTime/21406117
Righteousness Pt. 13

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
The O/T Saints where saved by their Faith in God and by their Faith in that sacrifice they took to the high priest would forgive them of their sins. All whose faith was only in God and forsook the sacrifice went to hell.

New N/T Saints are doing the same as the O/T Saints. They say their faith is in Jesus (God), but have no faith in the atoning Sacrifice (the Lamb of God-Christ Crucified 1 Cor. 2:2). This is called Apostasy. Matthew 7:14, Matthew 7:21-23

Sep 3, 2016
As a Christian we should have the desire of exhibiting Christ as the primary goal of our everyday lives. A person’s actions stem from the attitudes of the heart. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. If the content of your conversation and message is mainly political, your hope is bent toward the performance and abilities of men. All those who are falling apart right now are those who spent all their time building their hope in man. Those who have been building their relationship, hope, and trust in Christ through the Gospel of the Cross still have something to Rejoice about and Glory in! Standing on the Rock!!

"For which I am an ambassador in bonds (tied to Christ): that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Eph.6:20

Wayne Voss