James 4:7 To Fear The Devil Means To Not Trust God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Yes we need to surrender to God completely. That means we give our will to Him entirely
and accept God's will unequivocally . We need to read scripture for information but we
need to pray in meditation so that we can deliver ourselves in to His arms. We are His
children and He invites us to love Him without doubt. That means by prayer we can
form an intimate relationship with you. Wouldn't it be great to call Him our divine
Daddy, smiles. It can and will happen with effort. Thanks for the question.
What of those who will be left to face the times of tribulation sir, who were not born of HIS SPIRIT...
Further, during this time, will there be any left who will have the outpouring of the HOLY SPIRIT?

So how will these be able to resist the devil sir?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Yes we need to surrender to God completely. That means we give our will to Him entirely
and accept God's will unequivocally . We need to read scripture for information but we
need to pray in meditation so that we can deliver ourselves in to His arms. We are His
children and He invites us to love Him without doubt. That means by prayer we can
form an intimate relationship with you. Wouldn't it be great to call Him our divine
Actually sir...everyone born of HIS SPIRIT, this is what they do call HIM...ABBA...just as Galatians 4:6 states

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
We accepted GODŚ WILL sir...for just as CHRIST clearly told us THE WILL of THE FATHER (John 6)...we know THE WILL of THE FATHER, and we have accepted it...

I am talking about those who will face the times of tribulation...

Those who will hear THE GOSPEL preached, who will believe, but will suffer during this time...not at the hands of GOD, but at the free reign and wrath of satan

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Here is a TRUTH...blessed are those who die in the LORD from now on....yes, for their ¨Works¨ shall proceed them...

These had to face the wrath of satan sir...do you agree?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Here is another TRUTH...how long OH, Sovereign LORD, until you judge those who destroy the earth and avenge our deaths ...then each were given a white garment and told to wait until the numbers who would die in their same manner were complete. (paraphrase)

At whose hands did these suffer?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Everyone´s faith should be ON CHRIST...in seasons of sunshine...and more importantly, in seasons of rain and suffering...and not to sway from keeping their eyes set above and beyond to HIM who is faithful and true...IN ALL SEASONS.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Not by power, or by might, sayeth THE LORD....

The problem is ONLY THIS...some will go out and live by the sword., think to avenge what is NOT in their right to avenge....when it is NOT their work to do...

Their WORK is to REMAIN IN HIM...to BE STILL and know that HE is GOD.

That´s it.

The works that proceeded these during the time of tribulation was that they did not love their lives even to the death, but held to the TESTIMONY of JESUS....

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Everyone´s faith should be ON CHRIST...in seasons of sunshine...and more importantly, in seasons of rain and suffering...and not to sway from keeping their eyes set above and beyond to HIM who is faithful and true...IN ALL SEASONS.
I can only respond from my personal experience. In my late thirties, I was adrift in
the ocean of life and came to a stalemate in time. By what I believed to be coincidence
at the time who happened to be a Christian was listening about my complaint, moved
over and asked if I was interested in coming to a Bible study. Of course I was not since
I was not looking for Christ all. After some thought though, I felt well maybe I will give
it a try and so I did. Some may call it serendipity but I call it God opening His heart to
me. and after a year or so of Bible study, I knew that I could never ever go back to where
I once was. I am in my seventies now and I am certain that I have eternal live because
of Christ. In short, I don't know everything and neither does anyone else and it doesn't
matter as long as you love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.
So all you need to know that you should tell others is just that. Love the Lord your
heart and love your neighbor as yourself and leave the rest to God. A person comes to
God by faith rather than information.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
I can only respond from my personal experience. In my late thirties, I was adrift in
the ocean of life and came to a stalemate in time. By what I believed to be coincidence
at the time who happened to be a Christian was listening about my complaint, moved
over and asked if I was interested in coming to a Bible study. Of course I was not since
I was not looking for Christ all. After some thought though, I felt well maybe I will give
it a try and so I did. Some may call it serendipity but I call it God opening His heart to
me. and after a year or so of Bible study, I knew that I could never ever go back to where
I once was. I am in my seventies now and I am certain that I have eternal live because
of Christ. In short, I don't know everything and neither does anyone else and it doesn't
matter as long as you love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.
So all you need to know that you should tell others is just that. Love the Lord your
heart and love your neighbor as yourself and leave the rest to God. A person comes to
God by faith rather than information.
I agree....thank you for sharing this with me and the testimony that GOD opened your heart too...to THE TRUTH of the GOSPEL...

May GOD bless you and may you be at peace ALWAYS...

There is also a lot I have been taught sir...but I also know this...what I began in was sufficient...and that is what I keep ever before me... (1 John 2)

ONE FOUNDATION...CHRIST...and faith directed in and on HIM...and nothing should ever come between our feet and THAT FOUNDATION...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
if you wish to live in the flesh , meaning that you read about God but don't personally know God just like the Pharisees die, you are welcome to do so.
This is a very inappropriate and accusatory response to what was posted from Scripture. Indeed, the more a Christian is committed to doing the will of God, the MORE SEVERE will be the Satanic attacks. And Job is a good example of the extremity of those attacks.

But that is why God has provided the whole armor of God, so that believers can withstand the devil. However, those who are walking in the flesh will not be troubled by Satan. They are already playing by his rules.

Mar 23, 2016
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

The devil has no power over us when we live in the Spirit of God.
I believe it is important to also keep verse 6 in mind when reading these verses:

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

To be humble is to be dependent on God rather dependent on ourselves. And as we submit to God and remain steadfast in faith, we are able to resist the devil. Eventually the devil will flee from us.

And drawing near to God (vs 8) is key to our being dependent on God and submitting to God

Relic said:
It is only when we are in the flesh that he can attack.
I'm not so sure about this. satan is always on the prowl seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8).

I do agree that satan has no power over us ... but I do not agree that satan only attacks "when we are in the flesh". However, when we are "in the flesh", I do believe we are more dependent upon ourselves and our own devices, which fail miserably.

God reminds us to turn to Him when we find we have strayed and come back to Him and the shelter of His strong and loving arms.

Relic said:
It is necessary to surrender our will and give it completely to God.
Yes ... I love this section in 1 Peter 5:

1 Peter 5:

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

As we go through our times of affliction, Gos works within us to perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle us. And God deserves all glory and dominion for ever and ever!!!

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
The word of God is true..yet it was not written to sinners that we need to always be on guard "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.". Thats to believers.

We talk big, great and of FAITH.. but its like.. man I would gladly run into a burning fire and save anyone.. haha .. when standing next to that fire..and you feel the HEAT.. guess how many run away. So like the word of God.. we talk big.. God never does.. does not have to.

NOT to give any glory to.. but Satan is not human.. and ALL humans standing together.. are no match for this fallen angel. This ONE.. not the other 1/3 also. He is full of wisdom.. with our Christ alone.. we know nothing.. Everything God gave him when he was created.. he still has.And even Gab in the bible about him and Satan "Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Do you know why he dared not bring against him a reviling accusation? We talk so foolishly. Christ already won... praise GOD. How about this.. can GOD go against a sinners will? Can God control a sinner? Nor can Satan. NO ONE controls us. NO ONE can go against our will. Just play some silly BOARD game.. no power in it what so ever.. yet.. you just open a door.. YOU gave it permission. The enemy does try.. but we then do nothing.. where .. anyway..

I LOVE His word and I don't read it enough... I so agree the devil because of Christ has no power over us.. the Church.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
if you wish to live in the flesh , meaning that you read about God but don't personally know God just
like the Pharisees die, you are welcome to do so. And in doing so teaching others to do so. God
crushed evil by chopping the head off the serpent in the Garden of Eden and a second time when
Jesus crushed evil on the cross. So when you are living in the flesh as you are you will constantly
be susceptible to fearing the devil . Being in the flesh is not trusting God so forever you will
believe devil can overpower God. I live in the Spirit because I have surrendered myself completely
to God and He Is in me and I am in Him. This is written in 2Corintians that when we have surrendered
to God, we are a new creation. Nothing can snatch me away, God has promised me. anytime you want
to invoke the devil and send him to me...please go ahead and do it because I will crush him again and
again. Those who continue living in the flesh will continue to be faithless by believing the devil
can overcome God.
All you said on this is correct, according to what I know the Bible says on the subject1

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
I agree with all you said, and can see it agrees with the Bible!

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
thank you for your comment....God bless