Jesus AND the Bible came into time as a SEED - by G. John Rov

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 5, 2020
When was Book of Jasher written?
In the year AD 1613
^

How is this possible when David and Joshua quotes it?

Apr 5, 2020
I find it incredible that men of God makes mention to these Books listed not found in our Bible. These are all mentioned in positive views. If you click on most they have been lost (some claim the council burned many Books)(these must have been those).

Apr 5, 2020
the context and Harmony of all scriptures also known as the unity of Scriptures. The gnostic gospels were not, in fact, Paul addressed the error of them. After the "Apostles" have died Gnosticism tried yet again to interject their writings again as authoritative.

They attacked(gnostic gospels) the word of God and the foundational truth for example:
  1. the death of Jesus and HIS literal resurrection
  2. false narratives of Jesus having a wife
  3. The deity of Christ
The church fathers in much prayer and seeking God took what was already written and a measuring rod formed in truth to know what was inspired. They Built of Jesus and the Eyewitnesses, the Prophets and the law. they rest fall short to meet the standard that GOD set up not man.

Ultimately, I agree with your assessment. And I agree the 66 Books we have are more than enough because we really have not completely understood them all. I just like to think about everything. And when you have a Bible, and within that Bible you have men of God mentioning 20 other Books in a positive view, it makes you wonder why they are not included. But I did discover something. Many of those listed Books are in our Bible. They were either integrated in or given a new name. When you click on the listed Books, it takes you to wikipedia, which then explains if it ended up lost or was integrated into a Book of the Bible we currently have.

That is even more interesting to think that some Books on their own weren't accepted, but rather integrated into the staple 66 Books we have now. They weren't rejected after all, but ultimately were added elsewhere.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Ultimately, I agree with your assessment. And I agree the 66 Books we have are more than enough because we really have not completely understood them all. I just like to think about everything. And when you have a Bible, and within that Bible you have men of God mentioning 20 other Books in a positive view, it makes you wonder why they are not included. But I did discover something. Many of those listed Books are in our Bible. They were either integrated in or given a new name. When you click on the listed Books, it takes you to wikipedia, which then explains if it ended up lost or was integrated into a Book of the Bible we currently have.

That is even more interesting to think that some Books on their own weren't accepted, but rather integrated into the staple 66 Books we have now. They weren't rejected after all, but ultimately were added elsewhere.
Again please don't think I am saying you are wrong, I believe the reason for the 66 books, to be as they are, is because within them we have received from God; The plan of salvation, appropriate worship, and righteous living. none of those other I see meet that textual criticism .

Apr 5, 2020
Again please don't think I am saying you are wrong, I believe the reason for the 66 books, to be as they are, is because within them we have received from God; The plan of salvation, appropriate worship, and righteous living. none of those other I see meet that textual criticism .

I don't think anyone is claiming anyone is wrong. That is the beauty about history. It happens and later on is examined. I am just asking the "what if" questions. But if Books were eventually integrated in, that answers my own question. It just bothered me if we were missing something valuable. But if it was actually added, then I was concerned for nothing hahahaha

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
God says we will find Him when we search for Him with our whole hearts
Any scriptural basis to support that claim that a person can find God, or better yet,
where did you find God at?:unsure:

Just asking since I know it is written in Hebrews 11:6, " ....for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." However that doesn't infer that a person can or can't come to God but rather that those who say that they did come to God did not have any actual knowledge of his existence since they had to believe he existed. But of course, one doesn't seek after that which they don't believe exists but many people believe in things which are not true.

I know when I heard the passage in Hebrew 11:6, my first thought was that it was saying that those who come to God believe that they are God. But then again, maybe they were lead to God by somebody who by themself had came to God. However, that still didn't resolve my first thought since finding an invisible God who is not of this world would seem to be a monumental task for a mere mortal. [Col 1:15] [John 8:23]

But if God told you we could do it, then by God we can do it and if you did it then you should be able to articulate how you did it, so please share.

CS1

May 23, 2012
In reality, God meant for everything written to be available for ALL to view. It was man, Not God, who decided otherwise. And to be even more clearer, it was a PAGAN MAN who decided as such!
That is not true God did not mean for everything written to be seen, That is why Jesus said the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, not from it.

Apr 5, 2020
That is not true God did not mean for everything written to be seen, That is why Jesus said the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, not from it.

I talking about about materials that could in our Bible.

Constantine's mother was considered a goddess and she was a witch. Constantine even claims before converting to Christ, he followed Apollo. Ironically, Apollo was born of a virgin birth around the same calendar period of Christ and had many of the supposed same qualities as we find in Jesus. Kind of spooky how Constantine followed 2 Deities who come from same circumstances and born on same days (different years) and both known for having the power of God.

***we know Apollo is a Demon****
But Constantine still worshipped him as a god.
Interesting how the Demon Apollo supposedly had a similar background circumstances as Jesus.

No doubt Constantine died a Pagan!

CS1

May 23, 2012
I talking about about materials that could in our Bible.

Constantine's mother was considered a goddess and she was a witch. Constantine even claims before converting to Christ, he followed Apollo. Ironically, Apollo was born of a virgin birth around the same calendar period of Christ and had many of the supposed same qualities as we find in Jesus. Kind of spooky how Constantine followed 2 Deities who come from same circumstances and born on same days (different years) and both known for having the power of God.

***we know Apollo is a Demon****
But Constantine still worshipped him as a god.
Interesting how the Demon Apollo supposedly had a similar background circumstances as Jesus.

No doubt Constantine died a Pagan!
Constantine mother LOL really? And what does that have to do with the word of God?

The KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, and the ESV are all very much contextually the same. With minimal copiest discrepancies. IF you want to discredit the word of God, go ahead, but you will not be the first of the last.

Apr 5, 2020
Constantine mother LOL really? And what does that have to do with the word of God?

The KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, and the ESV are all very much contextually the same. With minimal copiest discrepancies. IF you want to discredit the word of God, go ahead, but you will not be the first of the last.

Well, before Constantine converted, he admits he used his mother as counsel. And she being a witch, and him following Apollo, makes for the perfect storm. And in reality, who is actually sincere, when the only reason one converts to Christ, is because the enemy was killing anyone not following Christ?

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
God isn't living?! The Lord God is truth. And He's alive.
In regards to your question "God isn't living?!", would I be in error if I get the impression your comment is one of an accusatory nature?

Truth is a attribute of the Holy Ghost, thus it is written in the scriptures I cited in my original post that the LORD is God of truth. Thus, it is written in John 16:13, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:..." Hence truth is derived from the virtue of knowledge which is a gift of the Holy Ghost according to His word.

Of course, it is written "if you be led of the Spirit, you are not subject to the law." [See Gal 5:18] However, "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." [Ps 119:165] After all, without the law the Holy Ghost would be a Spirit without truth.
IF you want to discredit the word of God, go ahead, but you will not be the first of the last.
How can the word of God be discredited when it is written that man can do nothing against the truth?

CS1

May 23, 2012
In regards to your question "God isn't living?!", would I be in error if I get the impression your comment is one of an accusatory nature?

Truth is a attribute of the Holy Ghost, thus it is written in the scriptures I cited in my original post that the LORD is God of truth. Thus, it is written in John 16:13, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:..." Hence truth is derived from the virtue of knowledge which is a gift of the Holy Ghost according to His word.

Of course, it is written "if you be led of the Spirit, you are not subject to the law." [See Gal 5:18] However, "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." [Ps 119:165] After all, without the law the Holy Ghost would be a Spirit without truth.

How can the word of God be discredited when it is written that man can do nothing against the truth?
wow, I want to be very clear about your response to "kaylagrl". It is not this person who needs me to respond for them, however, your comment is at least a minimum ignorant and unbiblical.

" After all, without the law, the Holy Ghost would be a Spirit without truth."

Now to say such a thing about the Holy Spirit is as close to insulting the Spirit of God without knowing one has done so.
The allegorizing of the Holy Spirit in the above underline you said is extreme error. The "Spirit of the Living God" " The Spirit of the Lord" IS God. The Holy Spirit is called the "Spirit of truth" not because the Law made it so, but because "Truth" is an Attribute of the Nature of God. Truth cannot be separated from HIM. Nor does the law validate HIS Supreme Truth. Let God be TRUE and every man a liar.

To speak about the Holy Spirit in such an ill-informed way is troubling. I will caution you to be very careful how you speak of the Holy Spirit in ignorance and without the understanding of God's word.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018

Does Jesus say He knows the truth, or that He is the truth?
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6).

CS1

May 23, 2012
Does Jesus say He knows the truth, or that He is the truth?
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6).
Jesu said as you showed in John14:6 " I am the Truth". The original reads in the Greek like this " I am the Only way The only truth , and the only Life" .

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Jesu said as you showed in John14:6 " I am the Truth". The original reads in the Greek like this " I am the Only way The only truth , and the only Life" .
Yes, its emphatic, stating that He is preeminent and only through His truth can reality be known.

K

kaylagrl

The question is to your comment " truth is not a living being". By which you mean? Your comment was unclear.