Marc, I don't know anything about Hebrew. Could it possibly be translated as "Father of eternity?"
There is nothing to signal the genitive case. everlasting is a simple adjective.
Marc, I don't know anything about Hebrew. Could it possibly be translated as "Father of eternity?"
Thanks. I was just curious.There is nothing to signal the genitive case. everlasting is a simple adjective.
Are you OK with Nicene Creed, Athanasian Creed regarding Trinity?
Are you kidding? I was raised Catholic, we recited that creed every Mass. It's one of the few things I retained when I gave up Catholicism. The Belief in Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Three Persons One God.
Is that what you mean?
Septuagint has "Father of the age to come".
Because I said Jesus was God The Father incarnate? Perhaps I chose my words poorly and should have left out "The Father"Yeah, thanks. Its some kind of misunderstanding only, then.
The Hebrew literally reads אֲבִיעַ֥ד "My perpetual father" אֲבִי means My Father. עַ֥ד means perpetual. In Hebrew adjectives follow nouns often attached as we see here. "Father of the age to come" is not a translation; it is a paraphrase and a poor one at that.
Because I said Jesus was God The Father incarnate? Perhaps I chose my words poorly and should have left out "The Father"
And just said Jesus was (or is) God incarnate?
If Septuagint was a translation of the masoretic text, it would truly be a poor paraphrase.
Dead Sea Scrolls proved that Septuagint is a precise translation of another textual line. So I suppose that Is 9:6 was different in that line.
I think that its the same as in Vulgate.
The Hebrew literally reads אֲבִיעַ֥ד "My perpetual father" אֲבִי means My Father. עַ֥ד means perpetual. In Hebrew adjectives follow nouns often attached as we see here. "Father of the age to come" is not a translation; it is a paraphrase and a poor one at that.
Thank you! I was not aware of another textual line.
The Septuagint is usually very close to the Masoretic text.
No, that would mean you have two Gods.
If you have an orange on the left side of the table, and an orange on the right side of the table, and they are not the same orange and yet both are oranges, guess what you have? Two oranges.
Why does this logic all of a sudden differ when we talk about God?
If they are not the same person and yet both are God would this not mean that God is a unity?
If Septuagint was a translation of the masoretic text, it would truly be a poor paraphrase.
Dead Sea Scrolls proved that Septuagint is a precise translation of another textual line. So I suppose that Is 9:6 was different in that line.
I think that its the same as in Vulgate.
The language of John 1 does not agree. The Greek is clear. They are presented as two separate persons.
I love the Hebrew letters, I hope God downloads the ability to read right to left when we get our glorified bodies.
Looking it up in my Orthodox Jewish Bible it reads Avi Ad (Possessor of Eternity)


So in John 10:30, Jesus doesn't say he and the Father are one in Greek? He says they are two? (I don't read Greek)
Your lack of understanding it seems to be the problem rather than the KJV. It's quite straightforward. It's glorious! The fullness of God is in the man Jesus to which the Holy Spirit testifies. Jesus is God the Father incarnate. John 10:30