JESUS CHRIST'S ATONEMENT FOR SIN IS UNLIMITED; How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: AND FEW THERE ARE THAT FIND IT!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
Leviticus 17:11
Because the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you, that you may make atonement with it upon the altar for your souls, and the blood may be for an expiation of the soul.
Matthew 7:11-15
11 If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more will your Father who is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him? 12 All things therefore whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you also to them. For this is the law and the prophets. 13 Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there are who go in thereat. 14 How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it. 15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Leviticus 17:11 Because the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you, that you may make
atonement with it upon the altar for your souls, and the blood may be for an expiation of the soul.

Hebrews 9:22 Leviticus 17:11
:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Matthew 7:11-15 If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more will your Father who is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him? All things therefore whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you also to them. For this is the law and the prophets. Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there are who go in thereat. How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it. Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 7:13 plus Romans 8:13
:)

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
That's one of my favorite passages along with the rest of His sermon in chapter 6.

Have you figured out Who the gate is?
Some mistakenly believe that it's themselves, their good works, preaching in His Name, doing many Wonderful works.

Who is the gate Mer See?

Dec 29, 2023
How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: AND FEW THERE ARE THAT FIND IT!
The reason it's narrow is because it requires turn away from being friends with this world and instead abiding in Christ walking in holiness.

Most want to be friends with the world so few find the narrow way of holiness.

Feb 15, 2024
Victoria, Australia
The Good Shepherd and His Sheep

1Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.
7Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. a They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
11“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep
. John 10:1-13

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
That's one of my favorite passages along with the rest of His sermon in chapter 6.

Some mistakenly believe that it's themselves, their good works, preaching in His Name, doing many Wonderful works.

Who is the gate Mer See?
I believe the narrow gate is the narrow gate of truth.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The gate is narrow in that it has only one way in...through Jesus. He is the door. But it is certainly not narrow in capacity as a number which no man can number will pass through it.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021

Who is the gate Mer See?
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I would say the gate is the entrance to heaven which many people claim Christianity but not all of them have a Christlike attitude and they are on the wide path trying to enter in through the gate but believe they are on the right path.

The Lord knows them that are His that everyone that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Which not everyone will enter heaven because they were workers of iniquity.

Some people have a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, and are lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God for they love sin more than God.

But they believe they are alright and a Christian despite their sins that they hold unto denying the Spirit leading them because they want to enjoy sin.

Many people claiming Christianity on the path wanting to enter heaven but the majority of them are on the wide path for they will not act Christlike but want to enjoy sin but they believe they are right with God and will go to heaven.

OSAS and their not understanding what the Bible says has produced millions of these people that are hypocritical on the wide path, and you can see many in their lifestyle enjoying worldly things and believe they are alright.

As well as the Roman Catholic Church has produced millions of these people.

Millions of people on the wide path enjoying worldliness loving pleasures more than God.

Which they make excuses we are not perfect, we are only human, we cannot abstain from sin, but they sin on purpose and no one twisted their arm, so where is their excuse when they could of made the choice not to sin.

But there is no excuse for not acting Christlike for a Spirit led life will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, for they have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts, and show the ways of the Spirit and not the flesh.

But they deny the Spirit leading them to be Christlike and make up excuses which they believe are not excuses but reality but are not if you allow the Spirit to lead you.

Millions of people hold on to sin and believe they are right with God.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

If we sin wilfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth that God does not want us to sin which He commands all people everywhere to repent then there is no more sacrifice for sins which if we hold on to sin then the blood of Christ cannot wash it away for God will not take away a sin that we hold on to.

When a person sins repentance is no longer valid for they are not turning from sin until they stop doing the sin not wanting it anymore and God knows the heart.

There are few people that are on the narrow path acting Christlike.

When God calls a person He will work in their life to get them to the truth, and if they get to the door of truth they have to choose to go through that door for God's kingdom is true love, but they would of not got to the door of truth unless He intervened in their life.

And that door of truth is to be Christlike abstaining from sin by the Spirit which not all people go through the door of truth.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
There are many who try to apply their lifestyle, moral works of "obedience" to the many laws of God as their own narrow way of truth. They will even use the entire Bible, which is full of lots of work, to try to prove their self righteousness. However, that's Broadway. The entire Bible was not written for the purpose of achieving life. It is often misused improperly to teach that. That is done by evil trees bringing forth evil fruit. If they want to attempt to get to Heaven over the fence or some other way, then they are like robbers trying to break in at night.

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6

Jesus is that straight Way, not the dude who tries to straighten out his life in obedience to the law.
Jesus is the Truth. Our confidence cannot come from a PhD in theology or memorizing the entire Bible. Jesus is Who we should place our entire confidence in for Heaven.
Jesus is the Life. We can't get to the Father through sacraments. We can only go to meet Him through Jesus, Who provided a free gift of everlasting life.
That gift is offered to all who reject their own works to receive that life through Christ.

Isaiah says that ALL of our righteousness is as filthy rags.
We cannot approach God the Father with a pile of filthy rags, but we can through His only begotten Son.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:18

Does that make sense?
Do you have a question about any of what we covered?

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
[QUOTE="HealthAndHappiness, post: 5267513, member: 317081"

Does that make sense?
Do you have a question about any of what we covered?[/QUOTE]

We hopefully got you covered. :sneaky:

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hi MerSee,

Jesus said He is the gate in John 10.
Verse 7 - “So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.”
Verse 9 - “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.”

Of course it helps to read the context, so you might want to begin reading at verse 1.

It's interesting because during the time Jesus walked the earth, shepherds would make pens out of rock. And many times the gate was actually the shepherd of the sheep. I find this fascinating!

Many times Jesus taught using real life realities they would already know.

1711166830327.jpeg

Being that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, it would also be true that within that gate we'll find truth Because He is The Truth. 😊

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Truth is a Person. His name is above every other name, and the only Name given to men by which one may be saved.

His name is Jesus.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Christ is both the narrow gate and the door to the sheepfold.

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. so an abstract "truth" is not in view. It is a divine Person -- God manifest in the flesh. And it is only His blood that can wash away our sins and guilt, and reconcile us to God. He is the only Mediator between God and men. He is also the only eternal High Priest in Heaven. He is the only Savior of the world. and other foundation can no man lay than that which is laid which is Christ -- He is the Foundation as well as the Chief Corner Stone. He is the Good Shepherd, the Chief Shepherd, and the Great Shepherd.

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
Jesus Christ is the way, those who come to salvation find it in Christ, those who reject him never come to salvation. We were told that way is broad, many reject Christ and miss the narrow way.