Jesus did not come for the righteous but sinners

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ariel82
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Guest
Thank you for the passage. It's why I have made a personal choice to not talk to unbelievers anymore. It's not my gift. That's why I'm frustrated with this forum and have requested my account be closed. Too many people demonstrating to me by their defense of willful sin that they are not genuine believers. Whether they really are or not is not my call. What I'm doing is not considering them to be believers until I see some honest contrition. That doesn't mean I hate them. It means I don't trust them as I would a believer.

Do you apply the same standard to yourself?

When you sin, do you willfully deny it?

Most people do until God points out their sin.

Did David know it was a sin to commit adultery with Babsheeba? Did he willfully sin when he sent her husband to die on the front lines or before that called him home to sleep with her so that the child HE fathered could have been mistaken as his and not David's?


Yet David is called a man after God's own heart.

Not because he did not willfully sin but because he repented when God showed him proof of his sin. He accepted punishment even though he tried and presuade God with fasting NOTTO KILL the child..,His heart was humble and able to admit that he was wrong and in need of God's grace and forgiveness.

You say you don't judge and in the next breathe you judge. Perhaps you should pray and ask God if your assessment of people on this forum is correct, or if you are just anger they don't agree with your beliefs?

Everyone has weaknesses and temptations but if we pray God shows us a way to overcome. If we fail to overcome, God shows us how to repent and still move forward.

We are not defined by what we do or not do but what God has done in our hearts and in our lives.

God has given us a new heart that seeks Him and His ways. That doesn't mean we will be perfect and never sin though we will seek not too.
.I means that when we sin or fall short of the glory of God,but hearts will be troubled and we will pray and ask God to reveal our transgression so we might try and avoid repeating it again.

No one "defends willful sin" but most will defend GODS GRACE AND FORGIVENESS FOR SINNERS.

For we all need a savior. Thank God He sent Jesus.
 
Reading this, what PHart said really angered me in so many ways. There is nothing that God hates more than a prideful heart, and Lord forgive me, but I sense that in him. Jesus dined with sinners, and whores, and the maimed and the lost and unbelievers, for he came not only for the 99, but the one who was lost. Jesus knew we as men and women of a sinful nature could never be perfect and live a perfect walk of life as He would. He went through the same struggles and temptations that we go through every single day. He understands, and that's why His grace and mercy is so abundant for us, not to mention the patience the Lord has for us. If people choose not to talk to unbelievers, then they are quenching the Holy Spirits call to witness to the lost, and "To him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." So I don't know what god that PHart is serving, but I along with so many others serve Jesus Christ, and He is the propitiation for our sins, and His grace is sufficient. Thank you Lord for all the blessings you bestow upon us through your son Christ Jesus!
 
MichaelOwen;bt23287 said:
Reading this, what PHart said really angered me in so many ways. There is nothing that God hates more than a prideful heart, and Lord forgive me, but I sense that in him. Jesus dined with sinners, and whores, and the maimed and the lost and unbelievers, for he came not only for the 99, but the one who was lost. Jesus knew we as men and women of a sinful nature could never be perfect and live a perfect walk of life as He would. He went through the same struggles and temptations that we go through every single day. He understands, and that's why His grace and mercy is so abundant for us, not to mention the patience the Lord has for us. If people choose not to talk to unbelievers, then they are quenching the Holy Spirits call to witness to the lost, and "To him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." So I don't know what god that PHart is serving, but I along with so many others serve Jesus Christ, and He is the propitiation for our sins, and His grace is sufficient. Thank you Lord for all the blessings you bestow upon us through your son Christ Jesus!


There is nothing which raises my ire more than boastful and prideful testimonies and those people to act as though they never sin. To me that is the height of pride. I am in agreement with your post above and feel such a sadness in any Christian who decides they shouldn't speak to nor share the Good News to an unbeliever. To me that is a sin of omission. Jesus told us to spread the Gospel and only because the Gospel was spread to me was I able to come to the knowledge and salvation I now have.