Jesus died and rose again on the third day, in old testament.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Laodicea

Eh, I am afraid not. I gave you the literal words of the bible, you gave me false exegesis(opinion) to try and overturn them.

Your mind is closed because you follow your church. I follow the bible.

I repeat, I have the plain scriptures, you do not!
You gave a wrong interpretation and I showed that. Read again the Bible without set ideas, it is not saying Jesus went to hell and preached to spirits in hell.He preached to those in the prison house of sin. Jesus even spoke of people being spiritually dead.

Oct 21, 2015
You gave a wrong interpretation and I showed that. Read again the Bible without set ideas, it is not saying Jesus went to hell and preached to spirits in hell.He preached to those in the prison house of sin. Jesus even spoke of people being spiritually dead.
lol, I didn't have to give an interpretation, unlike you, I can just quote the literal word:

He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. [SUP]19[/SUP]After being made alive,[SUP][d][/SUP] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 1Peter3:19

For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit. 1Peter 4:6

Oct 21, 2015
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. [SUP]19 [/SUP]After being made alive,[SUP][d][/SUP] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—

Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. Acts2:31

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption Acts 2:31 KJV

L

Laodicea

lol, I didn't have to give an interpretation, unlike you, I can just quote the literal word:

He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. [SUP]19[/SUP]After being made alive,[SUP][d][/SUP] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 1Peter3:19

For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit. 1Peter 4:6
The Bible says Jesus preached for forty days after His resurrection. Also Jesus said let the dead bury the dead. He spoke of people being spiritually dead.

Looks like you enjoy arguing and debating. You must get a kick out of it.

Oct 21, 2015
The Bible says Jesus preached for forty days after His resurrection. Also Jesus said let the dead bury the dead. He spoke of people being spiritually dead.

Looks like you enjoy arguing and debating. You must get a kick out of it.
Sorry. The bible is clear. Jesus was put to death in the body, made alive in the spirit and went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits.

Peter tells us Christs body did not remain in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

You said:

''You gave a wrong interpretation and I showed that. Read again the Bible without set ideas, it is not saying Jesus went to hell and preached to spirits in hell.He preached to those in the prison house of sin. Jesus even spoke of people being spiritually dead.''

You need to stop just listening to your church and follow the bible

L

Laodicea

Sorry. The bible is clear. Jesus was put to death in the body, made alive in the spirit and went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits.

Peter tells us Christs body did not remain in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

You said:

''You gave a wrong interpretation and I showed that. Read again the Bible without set ideas, it is not saying Jesus went to hell and preached to spirits in hell.He preached to those in the prison house of sin. Jesus even spoke of people being spiritually dead.''

You need to stop just listening to your church and follow the bible
*Romans 8:11 KJV*
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Wow look at that the Bible speaks of the Spirit raising Jesus on the third day.

Oct 21, 2015
*Romans 8:11 KJV*
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Wow look at that the Bible speaks of the Spirit raising Jesus on the third day.
You really are desperate aren't you to follow your church rather than the spirit filled bible. You have been given conclusive proof you are wrong from scripture and still want to argue against it.
The spirit raised Christ back to life on Thi earth on the third day

It is just as you want to argue against following after the spirit rather than the written code.
And you tell me I follow after the church?

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Did you not read? Yes, Adam died less than one day old...a baby when he died, as are we also less than even 3 hours old.
Genesis 5:5King James Version (KJV)

5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.