Jesus first words of his ministry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 29, 2019
Matthew 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
But he answered and said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
These words let us know how important the Scriptures are. Jesus is "...the faithful witness..." Revelation 1:5

Dec 12, 2013
Matthew 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
But he answered and said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
These words let us know how important the Scriptures are. Jesus is "...the faithful witness..." Revelation 1:5
Don't you know I must be about my Father's business <---first recorded words at the age of 12

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
Now we know why Jesus is the Son of God, to have those words to say, a light unto our lives, and the truth. If we lived by every word of the Lord, believers would have all the confidence and hope, endurance, and determination, along with a hundred or more things, to build us up. All throughout the old and new Testaments, over 300 times it says do not fear, If we really took those words, in like bread for the body, or food for the body, the pharmacys could go out of business. REpeatedly telling, us, cast your cares upon the Lord, for he careth for you, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, in prayers, and petitions, bring your prayers, with thanksgiving, and the Peace of God will quard your heart and mind. Peace. Good thread, many need to know that his words, are the way, truth, and the light, to us, and the world's atmosphere is getting, darker, and colder.

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
The world is dying , I don't see any body standing on the st. corners where I live Trying to talk with people about Love, God's love. About Hope, about telling someone they will pray for them. No body's out there. This might be the only way to witness to some, if they get into the word, here on this site. There''s no one out there, reaching out to no one. All the boarded up business's could be opened or one, just a place where someone can go and reach out for help, in prayer. So much talk about tongues, but it's not what the bible says, Corinthians 13 says, thought I speak with all this, and do all that, and give you money, without love You are nothing, For Love is the greatest, weapon to fight the wounds people have, and are dying in. There's no one out there.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm ok but wasnt Jesus teaching with authority at aged 12 and astonishing everyone. Or was that just a preview before he was baptised.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
As I read the account in Luke, He was not preaching/teaching His purposed message of eternal salvation through belief in Him. Rather, He was discussing OT Scriptures with those in the Temple. Asking questions, and giving His thoughts as well.

There is very little about Christ during His early years......and, maybe, that is how God wanted it to be. I suspect much of those years were spent being a boy, growing and learning, and maturing, just as any other boy would do. That's just my thoughts though.

He did speak of Scriptural things, as well as the Law as a child, but they do not appear to have been intended to be included in His Ministry. The record in Matthew kinda speaks for itself in my opinion when Matthew wrote "from that day forth........."