Jesus fulfills the Law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2016
2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Christ wasn't "made sin" he was made to be the sin sacrifice. That's what Paul means and this same thing is used in the OT, "sin" being shorthand version of "sin offering".

Lev 4:29 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering.

H2403
????? ?????
chat?t?a^'a^h chat?t?a^'th
khat-taw-aw', khat-tawth'
From H2398; an offence (sometimes habitual sinfulness), and its penalty, occasion, sacrifice, or expiation; also (concretely) an offender: - punishment (of sin), purifying (-fication for sin), sin (-ner, offering).

Here "sin offering" is actually just one word that means sin, but it is meant to be understood as the offering for sin not sin itself and Paul being Jewish would know and use this.

The verse should be understood as "For he hath made him to be a sin offering for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

(TLV) He made the One who knew no sin to become a sin offering on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

(Williams) He made Him who personally knew nothing of sin to be a sin-offering for us, so that through union with Him we might come into right standing with God.

Barnes:

2 Corinthians 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us - The Greek here is, ‘for him who knew no sin, he hath made sin, or a sin-offering for us.’

Clarke:

2 Corinthians 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us - He made him who knew no sin, (who was innocent), a sin-offering for us.

Matthew Henry:

He was made sin; not a sinner, but sin, that is, a sin-offering, a sacrifice for sin.
Thank you for pointing that out, things can definitely get lost in translation. If someone does not seek to ensure they understand the meaning. They instead Take things at face value and not seeking the root. Whether Translation from Greek to English, from Hebrew to English, from flesh to flesh. Or from Spirit to flesh, to flesh. Or Spirit to flesh to Spirit. I agree, only if someone uses Spirit to Spirit translation do they seem to truly get the root of the meaning.

May 12, 2016
God doesn't transfer sin from one person to another. Nor does God punish the innocent in place of the guilty. Jesus bore mankinds sins because contradicting him, lying about him, not believing him, humiliating him, spitting on him, beating him and killing him for a crime he didn't commit IS SIN.

Jesus suffered for us,

Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 1Pet.2:21

How did Jesus suffer?

wrongfully 1Pet.2:19

when ye do well, and suffer for it, 1Pet.2:20

Jesus called sinners to repentance and they didn't like it,

the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me. Psa.69:9

He "bore" mankinds diseases by healing all who came to him,

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with hisword, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses. Mt.8:16-17

Jesus did a lot more than is recorded in the gospels. A constant barage of people coming to him for healing that probably went on for hours day after day, which may explain why he fell asleep in a boat while a storm was going on. Exhausted.
Very well might have been why :)

May 12, 2016
God doesn't transfer sin from one person to another. Nor does God punish the innocent in place of the guilty. Jesus bore mankinds sins because contradicting him, lying about him, not believing him, humiliating him, spitting on him, beating him and killing him for a crime he didn't commit IS SIN.

Jesus suffered for us,

Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 1Pet.2:21

How did Jesus suffer?

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with hisword, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses. Mt.8:16-17

Jesus did a lot more than is recorded in the gospels. A constant barage of people coming to him for healing that probably went on for hours day after day, which may explain why he fell asleep in a boat while a storm was going on. Exhausted.
Journeyman,

You stated: God doesn't transfer sin from one person to another. Nor does God punish the innocent in place of the guilty. Jesus bore mankinds sins because contradicting him, lying about him, not believing him, humiliating him, spitting on him, beating him and killing him for a crime he didn't commit IS SIN.

I want you to please read what you wrote, your words are contradicting to themselves and the word of God.

It is written Christ died for our sins. That he became Sin, He who knew no sin to become sin, if that isn’t transfer or attach then you deny the very reason Christ came to take away the sins of the world as the lamb of God.

Remember when he was in the cross Jesus cried out, My Father, My Father why have you forsaken me? I submit to all that this shows while the Son had sin upon him, God was not looking at His son, they were not sharing the same space and were separated. This is a bit of a crux depending on how you define the trinity. Remember though all the teaching Jesus said I only do what the Father told me, Irving if my own will. The Father concentrated and sent me into the world. Of that day no one know, not the Son or angles know, only the Father knows. There is a clear separation. I and the Father are one, you have seen me you have seen the Father. Yet earlier he had said no one has seen the Father but the Son. He is talking about knowing Him, because they are of one purpose and share the same Spirit and will. Just like I and the Father am one, so am I and the son. Jesus said, they will both come and live inside you and break bread when you when you believe repent and receive.

Is that what you are wanting to say? What you are saying is he died because people are bad and they didn’t believe him? They didn’t believer him because their hearts were hardened in order that scripture may be fulfilled. Yes they are, they did do that to him.

Understand this everyone, we all killed Christ. That’s right we all did that to him. Every time you think it’s just a little sin. You punched him. Everything you think I am covered by grace to sin away. You spit on him, he took your sin and the death we deserve. Our sin that was on him because he did not sin. Or there would have to be a sacrifice for the priest then the people. As written in Hebrews.

May 12, 2016

Jesus suffered for us,

How did Jesus suffer?

Journeyman,

You stated: God doesn't transfer sin from one person to another. Nor does God punish the innocent in place of the guilty. Jesus bore mankinds sins because contradicting him, lying about him, not believing him, humiliating him, spitting on him, beating him and killing him for a crime he didn't commit IS SIN.

I want you to please read what you wrote, your words are contradicting to themselves and the word of God.

It is written Christ died for our sins. That he became Sin, He who knew no sin to become sin, if that isn’t transfer or attach then you deny the very reason Christ came to take away the sins of the world as the lamb of God.

Remember when he was in the cross Jesus cried out, My Father, My Father why have you forsaken me? I submit to all that this shows while the Son had sin upon him, God was not looking at His son, they were not sharing the same space and were separated. This is a bit of a crux depending on how you define the trinity. Remember though all the teaching Jesus said I only do what the Father told me, Irving if my own will. The Father sent me into the world. Of that day no one know, not the Son or angles know, only the Father knows. There is a clear separation. I and the father are one, you have seen me have seen the Father. He is talking about knowing Him, because they are of one purpose and share the same Spirit and will. Just like I and the Father am one, so am I and the son. Jesus said, they will both come and live inside you and break bread when you believe.

Is that what you are wanting to say? What you are saying is he died because people are bad and they didn’t believe him? They didn’t believer him because their hearts were hardened in order that scripture may be fulfilled. Yes they are, they did do that to him.

Understand this everyone. we all did that to him. Every time you think it’s just a little sin. You punched him. Everything you think I am covered by grace to sin away. You spit on him, he took your sin and the death we deserve. Our sin that was in him because he did not sin. Or there would have to be a sacrifice for the priest then the people. As written in Hebrews.

May 12, 2016
Remember this, Christ laid down His life, no one took it from him. That is why in the garden when the centurions and Chief priest showed up to “capture him”. He wanted them to say His name so that he could just give them a gentle tap of reality. They fell backwards. Why? Because he spoke I-am he and by the power of just his words he made them stumble and fall backwards. He was showing who was in control and then went with them to lay down His life like a good Shepard, as Jesus taught.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Very well might have been why :)
Simply,

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. Jn.15:25

Our Lords sufferings don't show God judging sin. They show mankind judging God.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019

It is written Christ died for our sins.
According to the scriptures,

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures 1Cor.15:3

Have you noticed that when I showed you how Christ and the Apostles said he
suffered wrongully, you completely ignored this?

soberxp

May 3, 2018
And Jesus said unto them, unless your righteousness be better than the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
When Jesus performed miracles to heal people, a scribe or Pharisee said, these are sinners.
His [a scribe or Pharisee]words just remind me,Jesus could heal sinners.But Jesus didn't say that he could cure sinners. What Jesus said was that only patients need to see a doctor.
The scribes and Pharisees at that time must have known more than us.
Some people who don't believe in god may even say that it's collusion.That's a little bit.indeed.
So I'm curious about how much the scribes and Pharisees know about word of God.
I have a feeling that these scribes and Pharisees have hidden themselves.Maybe humility, maybe ignorance?I think it's the former.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
That he became Sin, He who knew no sin to become sin, if that isn’t transfer or attach then you deny the very reason Christ came to take away the sins of the world as the lamb of God.
It isn't "sin transference ". It's that Jesus appeared like any other man and Jews lnew that all men are sinners,

And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified. Psa.143:2

For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not. Ecc.7:20

But this doesn't apply to Jesus. He was only regarded as a sinner by those who didn't know him.

And according to the scriptures,

The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin. Deut.24:16

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. Eze.18:20

So there is no such thing as transferring sin from one person to another.

Jesus came into this world so that sinners would turn to God, who forgives the repentant.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Remember when he was in the cross Jesus cried out, My Father, My Father why have you forsaken me? I submit to all that this shows while the Son had sin upon him, God was not looking at His son, they were not sharing the same space and were separated. This is a bit of a crux depending on how you define the trinity.
Jesus quoted that Psalm because the religious leaders thought he was forsaken by God. They were mocking him. That Psalm contains the very words they were speaking against Christ. It's actually a Psalm which teaches that God never forsakes the righteous. Jesus was correcting their misconception. Read it.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Remember though all the teaching Jesus said I only do what the Father told me, Irving if my own will. The Father concentrated and sent me into the world. Of that day no one know, not the Son or angles know, only the Father knows. There is a clear separation. I and the Father are one, you have seen me you have seen the Father. Yet earlier he had said no one has seen the Father but the Son. He is talking about knowing Him, because they are of one purpose and share the same Spirit and will. Just like I and the Father am one, so am I and the son. Jesus said, they will both come and live inside you and break bread when you when you believe repent and receive.
The Son not knowing the day or hour of his return doesn't show separation. It shows purpose. Jesus knew the very second of his return, but as a servant he limited himself to that position as any other man. The same way he came not as Judge, but he is.

The breaking of bread and eating it is a confession that we are one with Christ whose body was broken. When a believers body is broken, then we'll know what it really means to drink the cup the Lord drank.