Jesus In The Hearts Of His People

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I heard a message once about how Christ is clearly seen in the hearts of people we read about in the Bible.
The one I heard was about how Joseph's brothers hated him and sold him into slavery. After years of mistreatment, Joseph rises to high position and later forgives his brothers and cares for their families.

Joseph says, "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." Gen.50:20

How encouraging to know that at our lowest points in life, God has a great plan!
If anyone would like to share an example of Christ likeness in the life of a believer either from the Bible or from today, that would be great.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
One that comes to mind is Job.
Job was very religious man and wealthy its listed how many cattle he had and how many children etc there was nobody wealthier and seemingly blessed in the land than he was. Well when calamity befell him he lost all his children, possessions and even his health Job still praised God and wouldnt accuse Him of anything but he does have bout of self pity and complain why me. I didnt do anything wrong. IVe been good and followed all the rituals to the last letter. JObs friends try to comfort him but end up making him feel worse!

However Job is patient and wants an audience with God. God grants this and as a result Job draws closer to Him and repents by realising he's solely dependant on Him. HE even prays for his friends. When God sees how humble Job is (not relying or boasting on his own good works) God restores everything back.

What does this mean for us...have patience, trust God and pray for our friends...even if they give us a hard time when we are low. We can never be holier than God is or do what only God can do. If we humble ourselves and pray God will heal us.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Thanks for sharing that Lanolin! What an all-star example of Christ in the life of a believer. Nice behind the scenes peek at what's going on in the heavenlies too.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Daniel, Hanani'ah, Mish'a-el, and Azari'ah are also great examples of Jesus in our hearts. Living in a society where praying, or refusing to worship an image would be a death sentence. That sounds familiar. :)

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I'm sorry KnowMe. I looked at the link you provided, but I don't know how that fits with this thread.

K

KnowMe

I'm sorry KnowMe. I looked at the link you provided, but I don't know how that fits with this thread.
It’s ok,

I know and that is what counts in my book.

K

KnowMe

Thank you for creating the thread

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
It’s ok,
I know and that is what counts in my book.
I'm glad you've found encouragement in your link. It left me with the picture of someone who is deeply discouraged, or using sarcasm as a witnessing tool.

K

KnowMe

I'm glad you've found encouragement in your link. It left me with the picture of someone who is deeply discouraged, or using sarcasm as a witnessing tool.
true that may seem from the outside, but did you notice how much he desires to help others, indeed there are many Christians who help others but how many are busting out of their seams in wanting to help others? it doesn’t take much sometimes just being a good listener to others is God inspired and He is working in their lives. many people just want to be heard and for someone to take interest.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
true that may seem from the outside, but did you notice how much he desires to help others,
No I didn't. I got the impression of someone who's blaming God for why can't use his God given talents. I don't get it. Is that supposed to be a joke?

K

KnowMe

No I didn't. I got the impression of someone who's blaming God for why can't use his God given talents. I don't get it. Is that supposed to be a joke?
No it wasn’t joke, it’s all good bro.