B
Believer08
Guest
Jesus is God, so what did He mean in John 17:3 and 20:17?
Bonus Question: How can He be God and the Son of God?
Bonus Question: How can He be God and the Son of God?
Sounds like modalism or maybe polytheism.The answers to these questions are quite simple...if you understand the dual nature of Christ.
Prior to his incarnation, Jesus was fully God.
During his incarnation, Jesus also became a man.
Why?
Because a man, Adam, had lost everything through his disobedience, and another man, Jesus, had to get it back by inheritance through his obedience.
During his incarnation, or when "the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), or in his humanity, Jesus was the Son of God (and he still is), and God was his Father (and he still is) for the reason which I just described.
While on earth, Jesus prayed:
Jhn 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Jesus had glory with the Father before the world was because he was fully God himself.
Now, after his incarnation, death, burial, resurrection, ascension, and glorification, he has been restored to that former glory, but now as one who is both God and man.
The man part is of utmost importance to us. In other words, we, as men or women, can only be made "joint-heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17) because of what Jesus has inherited as a man.
Anyhow, this is the correct answer to your questions.
Nope.Sounds like modalism or maybe polytheism.
Sounds like modalism or maybe polytheism.
No....
Watch the video above with St Patrick and the two little guys. It should explain things very well. It's humorous as well.They surely are very different if not opposites.
Maybe you can explain why you offer those two.... I have a mental block or somethin?
He meant that the Father is the only true God.Jesus is God, so what did He mean in John 17:3 and 20:17?
Bonus Question: How can He be God and the Son of God?
I see why I have you on ignore. Your arrogance is obnoxiously high.The answers to these questions are quite simple.
Jesus is God, so what did He mean in John 17:3 and 20:17?
Bonus Question: How can He be God and the Son of God?
Sounds like modalism or maybe polytheism.
I see why I have you on ignore. Your arrogance is obnoxiously high.
Frankly, I do not see what is so objectionable about the post.
Wouldn't it be better to respond to it point by point?