Jesus is not coming back. He already did in 70 A.D.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
For the record, the Admin team of this site holds that full preterism is heresy
According to the Bible, Jesus' second coming was in 70 A.D. Here is a few Scriptures in support of this:

Matt 16: 27-28, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Matt 24: 30-31, "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. " This is the Olivet Discourse and in verse 34 it says "ALL these things will come upon this generation" Not some things but ALL these signs will come upon this generation.

Matt 10: 23, "17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I have many more Scriptures I can provide if anyone is interested in discussing this. God bless.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
According to the Bible, Jesus' second coming was in 70 A.D. Here is a few Scriptures in support of this:

Matt 16: 27-28, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Matt 24: 30-31, "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. " This is the Olivet Discourse and in verse 34 it says "ALL these things will come upon this generation" Not some things but ALL these signs will come upon this generation.

Matt 10: 23, "17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I have many more Scriptures I can provide if anyone is interested in discussing this. God bless.
Are you Y-shua is not communing back or He has already died be before He died and came back????//So when is He coming back according to all 66 Books of the Bible? Or is your position based on these Scriptures instead of ALL SCRIPTURE HE IS NOT COMMINGBACK!?! NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE!!!!

Jan 12, 2019
Are you Y-shua is not communing back or He has already died be before He died and came back????//So when is He coming back according to all 66 Books of the Bible? Or is your position based on these Scriptures instead of ALL SCRIPTURE HE IS NOT COMMINGBACK!?! NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE!!!!
I apologize for the confusion and if it doesn't make sense to you. What I am saying is that Jesus promised to come back in His generation and He did in 70 A.D. He kept His promise. The kingdom of God was established when He returned with it in 70 A.D.

In Acts 1 Jesus ascends in a cloud from the apostles. Daniel 7 picks up the story:

Dan 7: 13-14, "
“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed. "

Look at what Jesus says in the Olivet Discourse in Luke 21: 31-32 says, "So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place."

Jesus kept His promise and came back and established the kingdom with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. He doesn't need to come back anymore. If you have any questions please let me know.

K

KnowMe

Interesting indeed, just wondering would it be fair to say, it was a day of the Lord?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Well...there two interpertations...This generation could also mean the entire israelite generation. Not 'this generation, bunch of people living at the time'.

Another thing is when Jesus said they will not taste of death, six days later Jesus showed his glory to James and Peter on the mount when he was transfigured.

Another thing is 2 Timothy 16-18

Note. Who concerning the truth have erred, saying the resurrection is past already, and overthrow the faith of some

Jesus comes at the last trump, the dead will rise first...(have the dead risen? Are we all together? Has the heavenly Jeruslaem descended? Are we in our glorified bodies? ...nope, nope, nope and nope)

70 ad was destruction of the temple yes, but Jesus was warning that would happen. He didnt make it happen, the romans did it. Did the angels then gather the elect?

Im am not saying you are wrong but, you make out like theres two comings, one for israel, another for the church...because the church are awaiting Jesus second coming or just will die in the Lord from then on. Cos judgement day hasnt already been or are you saying judgement day has already been and gone for Jerusalem, heavens now open etc. if so, then whats the deal with Jerusalem then. Why isnt Jesus there ruling if he came back to rule on earth forever more. Why arent we seeing him face to face.

Or was it just a quick appearance. Sorry you dont make much sense. Another thing is ...he said he wouldnt come till after the man of sin showed up, sititng in the temple to show he is God, the wicked revealed well if that happened at ad 70 who was it?

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
I apologize for the confusion and if it doesn't make sense to you. What I am saying is that Jesus promised to come back in His generation and He did in 70 A.D. He kept His promise. The kingdom of God was established when He returned with it in 70 A.D.

In Acts 1 Jesus ascends in a cloud from the apostles. Daniel 7 picks up the story:

Dan 7: 13-14, "
“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed. "

Look at what Jesus says in the Olivet Discourse in Luke 21: 31-32 says, "So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place."

Jesus kept His promise and came back and established the kingdom with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. He doesn't need to come back anymore. If you have any questions please let me know.
You are leaving so much out. Your cherry picking verses to fit an Idea.....
Daniel 7 explains the prophecy of the first beast of the sea in Revelation. There is 2000 yrs of prophecy in Daniel or 1260 yrs between 538 ad -1798 ad you cant just throw all that out.

Your verse about " before this generation passes away " Is the generation when Israel became a state again in 1948 so it is 1948 generation that has to pass......
There isnt any historical record of his return.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
God came in judgement a number of times in Biblical history He came against Israel using the Assyrians and again against Judah
using the Babylonians' He also came against Egypt Edom and other nations that attacked Israel' In some cases the language used to describe these events is the same as that in Revelation He comes in clouds and the Sun Moon and stars fall from Heaven. This is a
Poetic way of describing Gods Judgement in these cases.

In AD70 Christ came in Judgement against Israel and predicted the event in Matthew. That was the end of the OT age. He used Rome to carry it out. In Matthew 24 Jesus said THIS GENERATION will not pass away before all these things happen. He was talking to his
Disciples there and then. If not he would have said THAT GENERATION. There are other texts to back this. Warning his Disciples to
run to the hills when the Abomination of Desolation is seen would be pointless if he was talking about 2000 plus years ahead. Again
this is a term well understood by first century Jews. It was anything that pollutes the Temple and City which are Holy.

I believe that there will be an actual final judgement when the dead are resurrected and the living are raptured. This will be followed by a new heaven and earth. Meanwhile the Kingdom that Christ brought at his first coming continues to grow and anyone who believes in him are part of that kingdom NOW not at some time in the future.

Jan 12, 2019
Interesting indeed, just wondering would it be fair to say, it was a day of the Lord?
It was THE "Day of the Lord". Joel Chapter 2 talks about it and Peter quotes it in Acts 2:

Acts 2: 17-21, "
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.’

Jesus uses the same apocalyptic language (that I put in bold) in Matthew 24: 29 in reference to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. It is never literal in the Bible. That is why so many Christians think there is a "burning up" of the universe at Christ's alleged future coming. They get this from passages like 2 Peter 3. They don't understand the symbolic language in Scripture and take it literally.

Other good examples are Isaiah 13: 9-10 which talks about the destruction of Babylon. Isaiah 34: 4,5 which talks about the destruction of Edom and Ezekiel 32: 7-9 which talk about the destruction of Pharoah and Egypt.

It is not the end of the physical universe but the end of the universe/world for those people. The language is poetic.

K

KnowMe

It was THE "Day of the Lord". Joel Chapter 2 talks about it and Peter quotes it in Acts 2:

And they shall prophesy.
And the moon into blood,
Shall be saved.’

Jesus uses the same apocalyptic language (that I put in bold) in Matthew 24: 29 in reference to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. It is never literal in the Bible. That is why so many Christians think there is a "burning up" of the universe at Christ's alleged future coming. They get this from passages like 2 Peter 3. They don't understand the symbolic language in Scripture and take it literally.

Other good examples are Isaiah 13: 9-10 which talks about the destruction of Babylon. Isaiah 34: 4,5 which talks about the destruction of Edom and Ezekiel 32: 7-9 which talk about the destruction of Pharoah and Egypt.

It is not the end of the physical universe but the end of the universe/world for those people. The language is poetic.
So what was the purpose of what John the apostle wrote the book Revelations was not that book after AD 70?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Nope. Book of Revelation was written after 70ad.

Jan 12, 2019
Well...there two interpertations...This generation could also mean the entire israelite generation. Not 'this generation, bunch of people living at the time'.
The Greek word is "Genea" for generation. It is used 43 times in the New Testament. It never means a race of people. There is a different Greek word for that. Jesus uses the word generation, or the phrase "this generation", 25 times in the New Testament. He uses it 3 times in the 3 accounts of the Olivet Discourse so we won't count those since we are debating their meaning. The other 22 times Jesus uses the word for generation it always means His contemporaries. There are no exceptions.

Another thing is when Jesus said they will not taste of death, six days later Jesus showed his glory to James and Peter on the mount when he was transfigured.
I have heard people who believe in a future coming of Christ say this about Matthew 16: 27-28. But notice what Jesus says in those verses:

Matt 16: 27-28, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. "

Jesus did not reward everyone according to his works at the Mount of Transfiguration or Pentecost. This can only apply to A.D. 70.

Another thing is 2 Timothy 16-18 Note. Who concerning the truth have erred, saying the resurrection is past already, and overthrow the faith of some
That's because the resurrection hadn't happened at that point. It didn't happen until 70 A.D. How would Hymaneus fool anybody if they had the understanding of the "rapture" that the church has today? That bodies fly up out of the ground? That wouldn't have fooled anybody. They knew it was a spiritual resurrection. You weren't going to see it with your eyes.

Jesus comes at the last trump, the dead will rise first...(have the dead risen? Are we all together? Has the heavenly Jeruslaem descended? Are we in our glorified bodies? ...nope, nope, nope and nope)
The resurrection took place in 70 A.D. Daniel was given a 70 weeks prophecy at the end of Daniel 9. Daniel 10,11,12 give some of the details of that prophecy. The resurrection takes place at the end of the 70 weeks because that was all the time that was given for Daniel and his people. That was 70 A.D. Daniel 12: 2 tells you about the resurrection that happened in the 1st century.

Jan 12, 2019
There is 2000 yrs of prophecy in Daniel or 1260 yrs between 538 ad -1798 ad you cant just throw all that out.
That is something Historicists teach with their "day for a year" principle. It is not biblical.

Your verse about " before this generation passes away " Is the generation when Israel became a state again in 1948 so it is 1948 generation that has to pass......
There isnt any historical record of his return.
The Olivet Discourse is in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. In Mark and Luke you can see that the disciples ask Jesus 2 specific questions. When will the temple be torn down and what is the sign it is about to happen. It is also the same 2 questions in Matthew but people think there are 3 questions there because Matthew words it differently but it is the same. The Jewish age "the end of the age" happened in 70 A.D. at the same time Jerusalem was destroyed and the temple was torn down and Daniel's 70 weeks ended.

Matt 16: 27-28 limit "this generation" to Jesus' contemporaries. If Jesus wasn't talking about His generation then He was lying to the disciples and deceiving them since they asked about when the destruction of the temple would take place. I don't think either one of us think Jesus was lying or trying to deceive the disciples.

K

KnowMe

Nor John the apostle/disciple

Rev 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
According to the Bible, Jesus' second coming was in 70 A.D....
You are CLEARLY MISTAKEN. But that does not mean that you will give up your false ideas simply because Scripture refutes them. People who have been indoctrinated and brainwashed into false teachings rarely (if ever) give them up.

According to the Bible there are two major series of TOTALLY UNIQUE events which must occur before the Second Coming of Christ:

I. THE GREAT TRIBULATION: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (Mt 24:21,22).

2. THE *SHAKING* OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH: Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (Mt 24:29)

THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
Now notice that it says "AND THEN" TWICE in the next verse after these things have occurred: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Mt 24:30)

Also notice that all the inhabitants of the earth will literally see Christ coming in power and great glory from Heaven, and they will weep and mourn because their judgment is coming.

Furthermore, immediately after the Second Coming there will be the Battle of Armageddon where the Antichrist and his army will be utterly destroyed.

No one IN GOOD CONSCIENCE can claim that any of this has happened. So we'll see if you double down in your error, or frankly admit that you are mistaken.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

And they shall prophesy.
And the moon into blood,
Shall be saved.’

You must also mistakenly think the rod of iron that Jesus is now ruling with is a wet noodle. And the Glorious Kingdom of Heaven is postage stamp sized Vatican city.

Jan 12, 2019
I believe that there will be an actual final judgement when the dead are resurrected and the living are raptured. This will be followed by a new heaven and earth. Meanwhile the Kingdom that Christ brought at his first coming continues to grow and anyone who believes in him are part of that kingdom NOW not at some time in the future.
The resurrection, judgment and new heavens and earth happened in 70 A.D. Let me try and see if this helps:

Daniel 12: 1, "At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book." The sister verse to Daniel 12: 1 is Matthew 24: 21.

Matt 24: 21, "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."

We know that this is restricted to 70 A.D. Matt 24: 21 comes before verse 34 and Daniel 12: 1 says "At that time" which is during the end of Daniel's 70 weeks which is also 70 A.D. This is all about Daniel's people, the Jews.

Daniel 12: 2 is the resurrection from the dead and if you look at the context of Daniel 11 and 12 this happens in the first century during the 4th kingdom of the Romans. It happens in 70 A.D. It cannot happen at the alleged "end of the world".

All of Matthew 24 and 25 is talking about 70 A.D. All of Revelation was fulfilled in 70 A.D. 7 times in the prologue and epilogue of the book in Rev 1: 1, 3 and Rev 22: 6,7,10,12 and 20 Jesus says that He is coming soon.

Revelation is about 2 brides. One is a harlot - Mystery Babylon aka Jerusalem - and the other is the Lamb's wife.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The Greek word is "Genea" for generation. It is used 43 times in the New Testament. It never means a race of people. There is a different Greek word for that. Jesus uses the word generation, or the phrase "this generation", 25 times in the New Testament. He uses it 3 times in the 3 accounts of the Olivet Discourse so we won't count those since we are debating their meaning. The other 22 times Jesus uses the word for generation it always means His contemporaries. There are no exceptions.

I have heard people who believe in a future coming of Christ say this about Matthew 16: 27-28. But notice what Jesus says in those verses:

Matt 16: 27-28, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. "

Jesus did not reward everyone according to his works at the Mount of Transfiguration or Pentecost. This can only apply to A.D. 70.

That's because the resurrection hadn't happened at that point. It didn't happen until 70 A.D. How would Hymaneus fool anybody if they had the understanding of the "rapture" that the church has today? That bodies fly up out of the ground? That wouldn't have fooled anybody. They knew it was a spiritual resurrection. You weren't going to see it with your eyes.

The resurrection took place in 70 A.D. Daniel was given a 70 weeks prophecy at the end of Daniel 9. Daniel 10,11,12 give some of the details of that prophecy. The resurrection takes place at the end of the 70 weeks because that was all the time that was given for Daniel and his people. That was 70 A.D. Daniel 12: 2 tells you about the resurrection that happened in the 1st century.
The last batch of people Jesus resurrected was contemporaneous with His own. Still waiting for the next batch. Hasnt happened yet.

K

KnowMe

Best to drop that hot potato theory, like trying to seal a bear in phone booth.

Jan 12, 2019
So what was the purpose of what John the apostle wrote the book Revelations was not that book after AD 70?
Nope. Book of Revelation was written after 70ad.
The book was not written after 70 A.D. It was written before and their is tons of evidence for this. Here is some evidence:

1. The temple is mentioned in Rev 11: 1-2 and John is told to measure it.
2. In Rev 17: 10 it says "five kings have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come". If you count from Julius Caesar as the first king of Rome then Nero is the sixth king. Nero reigned from 54-68 A.D. meaning the book was written in that time range.
3. In Matthew 24: 7, Jesus says there will be famines and pestilences. In Revelation you see famines and pestilences with the 3rd seal in Revelation 6. Jesus said this would happen before that generation died out in Matt 24: 34.
4. In Matthew 24: 13, It says "he who endures to the end will be saved". This is referring to end of the jewish age and the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Rev 2 and 3 talk about enduring and overcoming to inherit the kingdom. That kingdom was coming in 70 A.D.
5. The kingdom comes at the seventh trumpet in Rev 11: 15 and also comes in Luke 21: 31-32.

Remember what Jesus says in Luke 21: 31-32, "So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.