R
Roughsoul
Guest
I was reading a book this last couple of weeks that just tore me apart spiritual wise. I felt terrible and knew I could never live up to this books example of how to love God. For I am always failing and can never just seem to get it right. This book had me asking God how do you want me to be and then this passage from the new testament hit me.
Luke 23:32-43New International Version (NIV)[SUP]32 [/SUP]Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. [SUP]33 [/SUP]When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. [SUP]34 [/SUP]Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
[SUP]35 [/SUP]The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”
[SUP]36 [/SUP]The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar [SUP]37 [/SUP]and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”
[SUP]38 [/SUP]There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.
[SUP]39 [/SUP]One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”
[SUP]40 [/SUP]But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? [SUP]41 [/SUP]We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”
[SUP]42 [/SUP]Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[SUP]][/SUP]”
[SUP]43 [/SUP]Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
This criminal only a short time from death realized Jesus was innocent yet he was up on the cross. The criminal stood up for Jesus even though the man did not actually know him. He probably only heard of all the miracles and teachings he had done. But to me this is amazing and even though this man had no extra time to get things right or change his life so he can be a better follower of Christ. This man asked for Jesus to remember him, he was not baptized nor lived a life of glory to God. But yet Jesus says to him, " Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
How awesome is this! Jesus loves us so much that this moment here proves the reason why Jesus died. And so for anyone who believes in Jesus is saved. Jesus came to save the world from sin.
This opened my heart again and I was relieved from all my pain and guilt. I will forever strive to be better follower of Christ so one day I may can be with my Lord in paradise. I love you Lord!
Luke 23:32-43New International Version (NIV)[SUP]32 [/SUP]Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. [SUP]33 [/SUP]When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. [SUP]34 [/SUP]Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
[SUP]35 [/SUP]The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”
[SUP]36 [/SUP]The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar [SUP]37 [/SUP]and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”
[SUP]38 [/SUP]There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.
[SUP]39 [/SUP]One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”
[SUP]40 [/SUP]But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? [SUP]41 [/SUP]We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”
[SUP]42 [/SUP]Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[SUP]][/SUP]”
[SUP]43 [/SUP]Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
This criminal only a short time from death realized Jesus was innocent yet he was up on the cross. The criminal stood up for Jesus even though the man did not actually know him. He probably only heard of all the miracles and teachings he had done. But to me this is amazing and even though this man had no extra time to get things right or change his life so he can be a better follower of Christ. This man asked for Jesus to remember him, he was not baptized nor lived a life of glory to God. But yet Jesus says to him, " Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
How awesome is this! Jesus loves us so much that this moment here proves the reason why Jesus died. And so for anyone who believes in Jesus is saved. Jesus came to save the world from sin.
This opened my heart again and I was relieved from all my pain and guilt. I will forever strive to be better follower of Christ so one day I may can be with my Lord in paradise. I love you Lord!