Jesus name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2022
I've had a look at your link, thanks, but I will stick to what the Bible is telling me.
John 14:28 The Father is greater than I.
Jesus is called The Son of God more than 50 times in the Bible, not God the Son.
John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify they Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee.
Thank you for your input though😉

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I've had a look at your link, thanks, but I will stick to what the Bible is telling me.
You say that as if that thread is not chock FULL of Scripture verses :oops::rolleyes:

E

evyaniy

what evidence if any, can be shown from Hebrew Scripture that the last syllable of the Creator's Name is WEY? what does wey mean in Hebrew and what Hebrew words use that sound?

E

evyaniy

YAH is clearly the sound of Eternal from Hebrew Scripture. YAH H3050 is a shortened expression of the Creator's Name. It is used in many Psalms as in Praise ye YAH. It is used with the word halal H1984 and is where the word HalleluYAH comes from as in praise ye YAH. So it is pretty certain the Creator's Name starts with YAH.

Also, in Exodus 3:14 when Moses asks Him His Name He replied haYAH H1961 which was translated to "I Am" HaYAH H1961 means "to be." It also includes the sound of His Name YAH and can literally mean "the Eternal"

One of the english Bible translations used "the Eternal" in place of "the LORD" like the KJV and most other english translations substitute for His Name. using "the LORD" is not accurate since the "the" is not there. it changes the meaning slightly. for example it is not "thus saith the LORD", it is "thus saith YHVH."

E

evyaniy

It can be shown from Hebrew Scripture that the last syllable of the Creator's Name is VAH. the sound VAH is used in many Hebrew words that have to do with verbal expression as in the word sava H6680 which means and is translated command in nearly all occurrances in the KJV. that would seem to indicate that the Creator's Name means Eternal Word with YAH meaning Eternal and the VAH meaning word.

Have not read an answer for what WEY may mean in Hebrew and cannot find an answer. it would seem that WEY is not accurate and VAH is correct. Since VAH is the sound of verbal expression, it points to the Son Who is the Eternal Word Who is the express image of the Creator as Hebrews 1 tells us.

1 El, having in the past spoken to the fathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by His Son, Whom He appointed Heir of all things, through Whom also He made the worlds. 3 His Son is the radiance of His glory, the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, Who, when He had by Himself purified us of our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high,

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks for your reply, but to me God and Jesus are separate, Jesus is the Son of God, but I welcome your input.
Jesus himself said that he and God were one.... that should be enough evidence for you...

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Ok.... so, this thread should be closed, correct? You asked people for their opinions, and all you have done is deny and argue with them.
What exactly are you hoping to accomplish by taking it further?
This is beginning to feel very troll-like...

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
John 14:28 The Father is greater than I.
Jesus is called The Son of God more than 50 times in the Bible, not God the Son.
John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify they Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee.
Thank you for your input though😉
How do you read the verse below?

John 17:11
I am no longer going to be in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, so that they may be one just as We are.

Mar 4, 2020
Jesus himself said that he and God were one.... that should be enough evidence for you...
It depends how one interprets that. When a man and a woman are married, are they literally one flesh? Not literally, but in a spiritual sense yes. Hence why fornication is a sin against the body, the temple of God. Paul tries to explain that here:

1 Corinthians 6
15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Or don’t you know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit.
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

To get the whole breadth of what Jesus is saying in a spiritual sense, more of His sayings should be taken into consideration. Jesus views abiding in Him, that is to believe in Him and walk in His ways, as being in Him in a spiritual sense. In that sense, we can be one with Jesus, who is one with God, but we ourselves are not Jesus or God, though can be united spiritually.

John 14
20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

I'll post this again to hopefully give you a better idea of how this the hierarchy of the Trinity works.

1 Corinthians 15
27For “God has put everything under His feet.” Now when it says that everything has been put under Him, this clearly does not include the One who put everything under Him. 28And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
So, do we just write off John 1:1 ? The Word is known to be Jesus... "the Word was with God", illustrating the separation of the Trinity, "the Word was God"... showing the divinity, or the "God-ness" of the Trinity... from the beginning....

Feb 11, 2022

I am no longer going to be in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, so that they may be one just as We are.
Having the same loving qualities/attributes, like a Father and Son relationship.

Feb 11, 2022

As one just as we are, meaning being on the same wavelength in thoughts

Feb 11, 2022
You say that as if that thread is not chock FULL of Scripture verses :oops::rolleyes:
Not that apply to my beliefs, no, just ignore my scriptures and keep pushing your own doesn't work with me sorry

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Not that apply to my beliefs, no, just ignore my scriptures and keep pushing your own doesn't work with me sorry
They do apply to those whose eyes are open...

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
I find it strange that we have differing opinions on God's name but not on Jesus name, the majority of people all say Jesus even though the Hebrew language doesn't have any J sounds, and it didn't come into the English language until the 16th century. 'The Bible tells us that "There is no other name which to be saved with' shows the importance surely.
All replies welcome
My favorite among the "Holy names" that folks stick on Him (to feel "spiritual", I guess) is "YaoHushua" - has a nice ring to it (God's name becomes "Yaohu-Ul").

Feb 11, 2022
That doesn't mean they are the same person, The trinity is false.
Mark 15:34 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?.
Who is he talking to?
Mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of GOD.
GOD and his SON have two different names

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That doesn't mean they are the same person, The trinity is false.
Mark 15:34 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?.
Who is he talking to?
Jesus is quoting the 22nd Psalm.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The trinity is false.
Just a head's up:

Denying the Deity of Jesus Christ is the number one theology-based reason for getting oneself banned.