Jesus name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2022
JOHN 17:11 I come to THEE, holy FATHER
V12: While, I was with them in the world, I kept them in THY name; those that THOU gavest ME

Feb 11, 2022
Those two portraits are not identical, who are you kidding?

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and wrapped around the chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze when it has been heated to a glow in a furnace (Rev)

with the appearance of a man. Then I noticed from the appearance of His waist and upward something like gleaming metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him.(Eze)

They are identical. Your telling me that you do not see the same man in both accounts?

Your the one that needs a new set of glasses.

There is no portrait of the Father in the scripture, He is invisible, The Father is Spirit.

No one has ever seen the Father. No one has ever heard the Father. No one has ever known the Father. Jesus told us this.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Here check Daniel's vision of the man with the Revelation that John received. Same man in both pictures.

Daniel 10:5-6
I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with a belt of pure gold of Uphaz. His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult.

Revelation 1:13-15
And in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and wrapped around the chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze when it has been heated to a glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
GOD and his SON have two different names
On the contrary, they share the same name (Matt 28:19).

P.S. "God" is not a name. It is a title, of which Jesus and the Father and the Spirit are both worthy.
Jesus is explicitly called "God" 9 times in the NT.
In the Bible, Jesus forgives sins, knows people's thoughts, is prayed to, worshiped, and blasphemed.
Only someone of divine nature can be described and function this way under God's approval.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
List of Biblical names starting with J

Jaakan
Jaala
Jaalah
Jaalam
Jaanai
Jaasau
Jaasiel
Jaazaniah
Jaaziah
Jaaziel
Jabal
Jabbok
Jabesh
Jabeshgilead
Jabez
Jabin
Jabneel
Jachan
Jachin
Jacob
Jada
Jadau
Jadon
Jaddua
Jael
Jagur
Jah
Jahath
Jahaz
Jahaziah
Jahaziel
Jahdai
Jahdiel
Jahdo
Jahleel
Jahmai
Jahzeel
Jahzerah
Jair
Jairus
Jakan
Jakeh
Jakim
Jalon
Jambres
James
Jamin
Jamlech
Janna
Janoah, rest
Janum
Japhet
Japheth
Japhia,
Japhlet
Japho
Jarah
Jareb
Jared
Jaresiah
Jarib
Jarmuth
Jasher
Jashobeam
Jashub
Jasiel
Jason
Jathniel
Jattir
Javan
Jazer
Jaziz
Jearim
Jeaterai
Jeberechiah
Jebus
Jebusi
Jecamiah
Jecoliah
Jeconiah,
Jed
Jedaiah
Jediael
Jedidah
Jedidiah
Jeduthun
Jeezer
Jegar-sahadutha
Jehaleleel
Jehdeiah
Jehezekel
Jehiah
Jehizkiah
Jehoadah
Jehoaddan
Jehoahaz
Jehoash
Jehohanan
Jehoiachin
Jehoiada
Jehoiakim
Jehoiarib
Jehonadab
Jehonathan
Jehoram
Jehoshaphat
Jehosheba
Jehoshua
Jehovah
Jehovah-jireh
Jehovah-nissi
Jehovah-shalom
Jehovah-shammah
Jehovah-tsidkenu
Jehozabad
Jehozadak
Jehu
Jehubbah
Jehucal
Jehud
Jehudijah
Jehush
Jekabzeel
Jekameam
Jekamiah
Jekuthiel
Jemima
Jemuel
Jephthah
Jephunneh
Jerah
Jerahmeel
Jered
Jeremai
Jeremiah
Jeremoth
Jeriah
Jericho
Jeriel
Jerijah
Jerimoth
Jerioth
Jeroboam
Jeroham
Jerubbaal
Jerubbesheth
Jeruel
Jerusalem
Jerusha
Jesaiah
Jeshebeab
Jesher
Jeshimon
Jeshishai
Jeshohaia
Jeshua
Jeshurun
Jesiah
Jesimiel
Jesse
Jesui
Jesus
Jether
Jetheth
Jethlah
Jethro
Jetur
Jeuel
Jeush
Jew
Jezaniah
Jezebel
Jezer
Jeziah
Jezoar
Jezrahiah
Jezreel
Jibsam
Jidlaph
Jimnah
Jiphtah
Jiphtah-el
Joab
Joachim
Joah
Joahaz
Joanna
Joash
Joatham
Job
Jobab
Jochebed
Joed
Joel
Joelah
Joezer
Jogbehah
Jogli
Joha
Johanan/Jehovah
John
Joiarib
Jokdeam
Jokim
Jokmeam
Jokneam
Jokshan
Joktan
Jonadab
Jonah
Jonan
Jonathan
Joppa
Jorah
Joram
Jordan
Jorim
Josabad
Josaphat
Jose
Joseph
Joses
Joshah
Joshaviah
Joshbekashah
Joshua
Josiah
Josibiah
Josiphiah
Jotham
Jozabad
Jozachar
Jubal
Jucal
Judah
Judas
Judaea
Judith
Jude
Julia
Julius
Junia
Jushab-hesed
Justus
Juttah
Can I add my jalopy to that list?

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
On the contrary, they share the same name (Matt 28:19).

P.S. "God" is not a name. It is a title, of which Jesus and the Father and the Spirit are both worthy.
Jesus is explicitly called "God" 9 times in the NT.
In the Bible, Jesus forgives sins, knows people's thoughts, is prayed to, worshiped, and blasphemed.
Only someone of divine nature can be described and function this way under God's approval.
That is why you cannot baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit because none of them are names.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
That is why you cannot baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit because none of them are names.
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Amen these three ARE one not they are relatively close or they are pals and companions but they are one being One God

his name was made known in the gospel those three who are one the word became the son

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The one name that includes all three aspects known of God is Jesus the fullness of the Godhead is Jesus christ

“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

titles aren’t what we’re baptized into but his name, one name

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
Well Jesus IS God

He called Himself the I AM

This is God who spoke to Moses at the burning bush.

I think it's close to this:

YHWH

Becomes Yahweh

Becomes Yehoshua

Becomes Joshua

Becomes Jesus.

Jesus also referred to Himself in Revelation as the Alpha and Omega.. which is also the name for God.

Jesus calls the Father ... 'Eli' when on the cross.

Eloheim is another name for the Supreme God.

But yeah.. they are all linked together.

The names are all different roles or expressions of God.[/QUOTE

The NKJV and all new versions have translated their Old Testament from a text edited by Kittel, a man who believed the Hebrew religion was a “cult,” whose followers worshipped a primitive “weather god.” Kittel said, “The origins of Yahweh worship...it appears that this cult was established before Deborah...Thus Yahweh appears as an old deity of Sinai, revered in untold antiquity as a weather-god...” (The New Schaff, Vol. XII, p. 472). Wilhelm Gesenius and his Hebrew lexicon and grammar are the foundation for all current Hebrew reference books. Confusion multiplied because Gesenius’ Hebrew Lexicon (letter ‘w’ = ‘v’ sound) was translated into English by Edward Robinson from the Latin edition (letter ‘w’ = ‘v’ sound). This Robinson edition was then edited by archliberals and ‘higher critics’ Brown, Driver and Briggs. Gesenius’ Hebrew Grammar was translated into English by liberals G.W. Collins and A.E. Cowley. (The Language of the King James Bible, pp. 52, 71, 120, 108-109, New Age Bible Versions, pp. 601, 593, 594, 591-612 et al.).

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
A.D. 250 (“Origen...quotes the Hebrew reading of Ps. 118:25, 26 [which uses JEHOVAH three times] and agreeable to the present punctuation [vowels]...by which it is evident that the Jews pointed as they do now,” pp. 188-189, 192.) • A.D. 380 (“Jerom says indeed, that the word Jehovah was in his time found written...,” pp. 58-60, 175-176.) • A.D. 927 (Saadiah Gaon’s book on the Hebrew vowel points cited the vowels of Jehovah, pp. 140-141)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Atheism is not mentioned in the Bible either... nor agnosticism, nor secular humanism, or even coffee ☕

Radio, television, the internet... we could compile a pretty long list of things not mentioned in the Bible.

Clearly it does not mean they do not exist.
Coffee was implied...He brews