Jesus Propitiation Fulfilled the Law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
KJV Dictionary Definition: PROPITIATION, n. propisia'shon.
2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom.3. 1 John 2.

Amplified Bible
Rom 3:25 whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+3&version=AMP

1 Jn 2:2 And He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature—our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 John+2&version=AMP

1 Jn 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation [that is, the atoning sacrifice, and the satisfying offering] for our sins [fulfilling God’s requirement for justice against sin and placating His wrath].
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 John+4&version=AMP

Heavens requirement to purge/remove sin is blood:

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents]
(MY NOTE: This verse is referring to OT Levitical law animal sacrifice atonement, innocent blood covering for sins of the guilty.)

Heb 9:22 In fact under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness [neither release from sin and its guilt, nor cancellation of the merited punishment].
(MY NOTE: This verse refers to Christ's NT once for all time sin atoning sacrifice that forever removes sins of the guilty)

Jesus sinless God blood (1 Tim 3:16), eternally (Heb 13:20) FULFILLED heavens required sin payment/DEATH. Right here Jesus mission is completed He Finished the work (Jn 19:28) He was sent to accomplish (Lk 19:10). He FILFILLED the laws sin payment requirement!

The only way to remove the sin stain from a soul. Is faith placed in Jesus finished/law fulfilling sin atoning/propitiatory sacrifice.

Faith in Christ will lead to obedience, good works, good behavior, repentance etc. (Rom 1:6, 2:4, 6:14, 16:26)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom.3. 1 John 2.

Amplified Bible
Rom 3:25 whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+3&version=AMP

1 Jn 2:2 And He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature—our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world.

1 Jn 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation [that is, the atoning sacrifice, and the satisfying offering] for our sins [fulfilling God’s requirement for justice against sin and placating His wrath].

Heavens requirement to purge/remove sin is blood:

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents]
(MY NOTE: This verse is referring to OT Levitical law animal sacrifice atonement, innocent blood covering for sins of the guilty.)

Heb 9:22 In fact under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness [neither release from sin and its guilt, nor cancellation of the merited punishment].
(MY NOTE: This verse refers to Christ's NT once for all time sin atoning sacrifice that forever removes sins of the guilty)

Jesus sinless God blood (1 Tim 3:16), eternally (Heb 13:20) FULFILLED heavens required sin payment/DEATH. Right here Jesus mission is completed He Finished the work (Jn 19:28) He was sent to accomplish (Lk 19:10). He FILFILLED the laws sin payment requirement!

The only way to remove the sin stain from a soul. Is faith placed in Jesus finished/law fulfilling sin atoning/propitiatory sacrifice.

Faith in Christ will lead to obedience, good works, good behavior, repentance etc. (Rom 1:6, 2:4, 6:14, 16:26)

Those are beautiful scriptures....and full of truth but, you quoted them and said nothing about God’s Love.....

Tell me about God’s Love concerning all those scriptures....

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Jesus Himself is the Propitiation as we see here.

Yes, I was hopeful these parts of the post conveyed that message.

2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. """Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men""". Rom.3. 1 John 2.
https://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/propitiable.html

(MY NOTE: The OP lead with the KJV Dictionary Definition: Stating > """Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men""")

1 Jn 2:2 And """He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins""" [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature—our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world.

(MY NOTE: As you pointed out, here as well > """He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins""")

1 Jn 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent """His Son to be the propitiation [that is, the atoning sacrifice, and the satisfying offering] for our sins""" [fulfilling God’s requirement for justice against sin and placating His wrath].

(NOTE: And here > """His Son to be the propitiation [that is, the atoning sacrifice, and the satisfying offering] for our sins""")

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Our Lord Jesus turned his wrath away from those who abused him. That's the propitiation.

Apr 18, 2021
It's so sad that today's Christians "FORGET GOD" (Psalm 9:17) commanded us "You must be born again of the spirit" (John 3:5-7) because we were born "DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22).

Look at all of them talking about what Jesus did for them yet still "DEAD spirits" and "God is not the God the DEAD" (Mark 12:27).

When were they "QUICKENED" (I Corinthians 15:45) "back to life" (Ephesians 2:1) by His "POWER that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)?

If they were "QUICKENED" they'd have Jesus' promise of "POWER" (Acts 1:8) received after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) to "Do greater things than these" (John 14:12).

If they were "QUICKENED" they'd have Jesus' promise of POWERFUL "Spiritual gifts" (I Corinthians 12:7-10) received after Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13) to "Do greater things than these" (John 14:12).

If they were "QUICKENED" they'd have Jesus' promise of POWERFUL "Signs following" (Mark 16:17-18) received after Holy Spirit baptism (Mark 16:16) to "Do greater things than these" (John 14:12).

They could "CONFIRM that the LORD is working with them with signs following" (Mark 16:20).

Now look at them. Reading the Epistles as though they apply to them yet still "DEAD spirits" and "God is not the God of the DEAD" (Mark 12:27).

It's sad!

SO MANY LOST just because of the belief in a powerless water baptism that leaves them "DEAD spirits" created in their "Bibles" by you know who (Revelation 17:5)!

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Those are beautiful scriptures....and full of truth but, you quoted them and said nothing about God’s Love.....

The post primary intent was Christ's sin sacrificial atonement/PROPITIATION & its Fulfillment of heavens requirement for sin.

Jesus sinless God blood (1 Tim 3:16), eternally (Heb 13:20) FULFILLED heavens required sin payment/DEATH. Right here Jesus mission is completed. He Finished the work (Jn 19:28) He was sent to accomplish (Lk 19:10). He FILFILLED the laws sin payment requirement!

The only way to remove the sin stain from a soul. Is faith placed in Jesus finished/Law Fulfilling sin atoning/propitiatory sacrifice & resurrection.

Beyond that how this sacrificial atonement retired/abolished the need for OT daily temple sacrifices. In addition nullified sins punitive punishment requirements imposed by now also abolished OT Mosaic covenant laws.

Amplified Bible
Eph 2:15 by abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the hostility caused by the Law with its commandments contained in ordinances [which He satisfied]; so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thereby establishing peace.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+2&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: Jesus sin atoning death & resurrection: ABOLISHED sins condemnation/judgments administered thru ordinances commanded in the old now OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant)

Col 2:
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (worldliness, manner of life), God made you alive together with Christ, having [freely] forgiven us all our sins
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+2&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: At conversion/salvation Christ placed His Holy Spirit in you, simultaneously, He forgave all your sins Past-Present-Future & imputed His Righteousness onto you. Whereby you are now the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21)

14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of legal demands [which were in force] against us and which were hostile to us. And this certificate He has set aside and completely removed by nailing it to the cross.
(MY NOTE: By canceling/Removing ALL your sin debt owed/administered in Mosaic law ordinances. The Mosaic laws power to collect is now mute. No sin = No debt owed. Faith in Jesus death & resurrection paid ALL your sin debt owed.)

15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities [those supernatural forces of evil operating against us], He made a public example of them [exhibiting them as captives in His triumphal procession], having triumphed over them through the cross.

Although, I would have preferred the love aspect discussion, on a different thread. The following came to mind:

Amplified Bible
John 15:
12 “This is My commandment, that you love and unselfishly seek the best for one another, just as I have loved you.

13 No one has greater love [nor stronger commitment] than to lay down his own life for his friends

Romans 5:
7 Now it is an extraordinary thing for one to willingly give his life even for an upright man, though perhaps for a good man [one who is noble and selfless and worthy] someone might even dare to die.

8 But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Therefore, since we have now been justified [declared free of the guilt of sin] by His blood, [how much more certain is it that] we will be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more certain, having been reconciled, that we will be saved [from the consequences of sin] by His life [that is, we will be saved because Christ lives today].

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful and trustworthy Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who [always] loves us and who [has once for all] freed us [or washed us] from our sins by His own blood (His sacrificial death)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

John 3:16 :)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The post primary intent was Christ's sin sacrificial atonement/PROPITIATION & its Fulfillment of heavens requirement for sin.

Jesus sinless God blood (1 Tim 3:16), eternally (Heb 13:20) FULFILLED heavens required sin payment/DEATH. Right here Jesus mission is completed. He Finished the work (Jn 19:28) He was sent to accomplish (Lk 19:10). He FILFILLED the laws sin payment requirement!

The only way to remove the sin stain from a soul. Is faith placed in Jesus finished/Law Fulfilling sin atoning/propitiatory sacrifice & resurrection.

Beyond that how this sacrificial atonement retired/abolished the need for OT daily temple sacrifices. In addition nullified sins punitive punishment requirements imposed by now also abolished OT Mosaic covenant laws.

Amplified Bible
Eph 2:15 by abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the hostility caused by the Law with its commandments contained in ordinances [which He satisfied]; so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thereby establishing peace.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+2&version=AMP
(MY NOTE: Jesus sin atoning death & resurrection: ABOLISHED sins condemnation/judgments administered thru ordinances commanded in the old now OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant)

Col 2:
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (worldliness, manner of life), God made you alive together with Christ, having [freely] forgiven us all our sins
(MY NOTE: At conversion/salvation Christ placed His Holy Spirit in you, simultaneously, He forgave all your sins Past-Present-Future & imputed His Righteousness onto you. Whereby you are now the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21)

14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of legal demands [which were in force] against us and which were hostile to us. And this certificate He has set aside and completely removed by nailing it to the cross.
(MY NOTE: By canceling/Removing ALL your sin debt owed/administered in Mosaic law ordinances. The Mosaic laws power to collect is now mute. No sin = No debt owed. Faith in Jesus death & resurrection paid ALL your sin debt owed.)

15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities [those supernatural forces of evil operating against us], He made a public example of them [exhibiting them as captives in His triumphal procession], having triumphed over them through the cross.

Although, I would have preferred the love aspect discussion, on a different thread. The following came to mind:

Amplified Bible
John 15:
12 “This is My commandment, that you love and unselfishly seek the best for one another, just as I have loved you.

13 No one has greater love [nor stronger commitment] than to lay down his own life for his friends

Romans 5:
7 Now it is an extraordinary thing for one to willingly give his life even for an upright man, though perhaps for a good man [one who is noble and selfless and worthy] someone might even dare to die.

8 But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Therefore, since we have now been justified [declared free of the guilt of sin] by His blood, [how much more certain is it that] we will be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more certain, having been reconciled, that we will be saved [from the consequences of sin] by His life [that is, we will be saved because Christ lives today].

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful and trustworthy Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who [always] loves us and who [has once for all] freed us [or washed us] from our sins by His own blood (His sacrificial death)
Excellent scriptures of God's Love regarding His atoning sacrifice for all of our sins and yes, I totally agree with you that Jesus Christ is the ONLY propitiation that God has provided to take away our sins.

Notice how perception and perceiving of the scriptures change when we include God's Love WITH the scriptures......:unsure::love:(y)

When the Word of God is preached with His Love, it edifies and uplifts the downtrodden - it gives LIFE to the hearer. :love:(y)

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Yes, I like how you put God's love and the Propitiation together like that...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Our Lord Jesus turned his wrath away from those who abused him. That's the propitiation.
Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Heb12:4

This is the meanimg of the shed blood of our dear Savior, striving against sin. This is truly what the Holy Spirit reveals to every believer. Our precious Lord decided to show his love and forgivness toward people who spit on him, striving against their sin. The terrible abuse Jesus suffered was sinful and he endured it, turning his wrath away from people who deserved it. That's propitiation.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
That's the gospel. Without shedding his bood, unless he endured mankinds wrongdoing against himself, there is no appeasemen. No reconcilation. Only judgement. Thank you Lord Jesus.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath Psa.78:38

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Lk.6:35

How great is our King!

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Propitiation

For the sake of my reputation I hold back my anger; for the sake of my prestige I restrain myself from destroying you. Isa.48.9

Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?” Mt.26:53-54